If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yeah - I guess his dream drivers car and mine aren't the same, that's all. That's fine. For me (and this is me), the cutoff where a manual becomes less about fun and more about survival if trying to go fast is somewhere around 350hp/ton. If it's about driver satisfaction, the less downforce the more fun it often is, so I'd get rid of the fan too. It's just an odd anachronism - ditch the paddle trans because it's more fun to row your own, but then add a fan to add more downforce to make it faster, even though it's less fun. I guess it just needs to appeal to a handful of people with money, though. I'd still take one over an Enzo, though.

2. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Yes it does, below is the screenshot of the T.50s on You Tube

Image Unavailable, Please Login

willcrook likes this.
  3. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013

Epic - has anyone put their hand up yet on here to be one of the lucky few to be a buyer?

elmadi likes this.
  4. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Yesss.... truly epic. I love sound at the end when 3 cars were on the track

5. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    of2worlds likes this.
  6. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  7. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  8. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Amazing sound but unfortunately is very ugly to my eyes

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  9. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I agree with you. The F1 never was the most beautiful car, but it has aged well. This one is plain ugly. Technically brilliant of course and I am sure it will be a great drive, but the way a car looks is very important when a buyer spends 3 million on it

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

10. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    They are all sold, so clearly at least 115 rather wealthy people do not agree with you.

BJK, 444sp and elmadi like this.
  11. maximilien

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    That's not why I have to like the car, the design is something very personal. You have to believe that I do not have the same taste as Mr. Gordon and his 115 customers

12. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I agree with you, it is no looker, slap a Toyota badge on the front and it could be the next mr2! but more than enough people have already committed to purchasing the car, such that it was quickly sold out, which means despite our view, looks are not an issue for the car to command the 3 million plus.

BMW.SauberF1Team and elmadi like this.
  13. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    $3m lotto win goes full Powerball if that rascal enters/wins LM OA?

elmadi likes this.
  14. maximilien

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    You work for Gordonmurray ? Because you post this video everywhere

15. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Just a fan :)

willcrook likes this.
  16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    It sounds amazing. I wish Ferrari had the balls that Aston and GMA are having. Imagine a Monza Sp1 with that sound..

Bas likes this.
  17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It would be smothered by the rushing air, as it happens with the glorious sound of the Ferrari V12.

elmadi likes this.
  18. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    I wonder how many of them are buying it because they think it will be worth three times that by the time they collect it. Those people would still buy it if it looked like a Kia Piccanto

As i said before, I admire the car, i just don’t like the way it looks and I didn’t like the way it was marketed. And yes I did consider buying it -if you care to know- and I think buyers will do ok value-wise. I am not trying to talk it down, just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

JackCongo and amenasce like this.
  19. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Maybe the 20-something yo guy that won Powerball a few years ago and bought a LaF Aperta that he tracks can do it? I doubt he's spent all the money so surely he can get a T50 to race. :)

Tenney likes this.
  20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The silver certainly isn't a good colour for it. I think it'll be spec sensitive (the big headlights make it so I think). But my god, what a noise! I don't think the car is particularly ugly. Certainly not the most beautiful car...But that noise will forgive a LOT. Why can't others do this?!

elmadi and jpalmito like this.
  21. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Because we have entered an era where guilt forces us to a minimum of masochism.
    Hybridization and electrification of sports cars can never compete in terms of pleasure with an atmospheric engine and a manual gearbox.

22. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Sure, it may have the looks only a mother could love! but I imagine when you are sat in that central seat like Dario in his instagram post, having an amazing time looking out and around you, and listening to that mechanical music, then you cannot see how it appears to other people anyway, which surely is the more important thing in a drivers car.

elmadi likes this.
  23. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    I very much agree.... that noise will do forgive all our negative opinions of the T50 exterior design

Bas likes this.
  24. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Amen