If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 19 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The Valyrie's V12 is so loud anyway that the noise will be brutal. Coulthard wore headphones driving his.

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Indeed.
    https://karenable.com/the-saga-of-the-aston-martin-valkyrie/

3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Admittedly, I only skimmed read it, but that article doesn't mention any technical compromises, only business wranglings.

4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #454 BJK, Aug 19, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  5. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013

Attached Files:

jpalmito likes this.
  6. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  7. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
  8. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    #458 Rossocorsa1, Aug 20, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    The car is insane. It certainly isn’t for everyone but not sure what there is not to like about it. It represents something very extreme. It’s on the far end of the supercar spectrum, where the Gordon Murray cars are at the other end. Different offerings for different types. I think it’s very exciting.

elmadi likes this.
  9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Usability, reliability ?
    Two questions marks.

elmadi and Boomhauer like this.
  10. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I sincerely doubt the client base for this car even thinks about these things. I will say, however, that I’m amazed Aston couldn’t have addressed the hideous sound the car puts off.

11. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I had a chance to talk with a gentleman at the GMA display at Quail, very impressive automotive piece. Manual NA V12 rev’g to near 12k and weighing near 1000kg is absolutely phenomenal. How they’ve gotten to that weight is incredible. Must feel like a go-kart. Center seat cool. Exquisite details such as the rear fan having serrated fins to cut down on noise. Sadly, track only but understandably, crash testing them would have been an exorbitant amount of money.
    T33 will be road legal in the U.S. but a 2 seater, 2400 lbs.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elmadi, Caeruleus11, day355 and 6 others like this.
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    (T50) - not 'show and display' ? road legal, but limited (2,000?) miles.

plastique999 likes this.
  13. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Usability is very limited, but that's the whole point of this extreme project. Reliability is equally unknown, but which hypercar is assured to be reliable anyway? Certainly not the T50...

14. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    But, but, but!...........I take it you have crossed paths with GM in the past, which has affected your objectivity?

elmadi and jpalmito like this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    But was is your definition of a reliable hypercar ?
    According to the article in the link, the Valkyrie did not match what has been announced to the customers both on reliability and performance sides.( weight)

elmadi likes this.
  16. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    How can reliability be judged before hand? Years of ownership have to pass in order to ascertain such a thing.
    Performance wise, I am hoping for some magazine tests. I have no doubt it will be wickedly fast, even if it is indeed a bit heavier than initially planned.

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Because when you have preproduction cars with a lot of reliability issues you can simply deduce the final product will be full of them.

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Not really. That's why they are pre-production and not serial production cars.

19. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Thank you for sharing these photos

plastique999 likes this.
  20. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  21. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It seems to have a similar transmission whine to the Valkyrie (a bit less perhaps).

elmadi likes this.
  22. FF4X4

FF4X4 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2016
    I was on site.
    There is no 'similar transmission whine'.

Boomhauer likes this.
  23. iohead

iohead Karting

Feb 19, 2013
    It is going to be Show-or-Display in the United States. That means the engine is homologated and satisfies both EPA and CARB. Because of the tehnical significance of the car, it is, however, allowed to bypass some of the United States Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, as in, it is eligible for Show or Display. (It's 2,500 miles in a 12-month period.)

In contrast, as it stands now, the AMG One will not be allowed in the US at all, since it's not a track car (so no EPA exemption) and Mercedes didn't do or doesn't want to do what would be necessary to make it eligible for Show or Display. There are plenty of interesting cars in the US on Show or Display, like the Aston Martin One-77, the Bugatti Divo, the McLaren F1 (until they turn 25 years old), the McLaren Speedtail, the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR, the Pagani Zonda, the Rimac Concept One, and many more. It really isn't much of a deterrent, especially for a car like the T.50.

As for reliability and maintenance of the production T.50, they seem to be taking great pains to think through diagnosis and disassembly so that it is uncomplicated to get to various components in the field. They have also applying the lessons learned from the maintenance challenges of the McLaren F1.

BJK and FF4X4 like this.
  24. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yes show and display.
    Also in conversation, I asked about support service and they are looking to see which cities will have the most owners in terms of where to set up support/service centers, being that there are only 100 per model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJK likes this.