If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ? | Page 20 | FerrariChat

If we have the money : $3M rare Enzo or the upcoming $3M T.50 ?

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by elmadi, Aug 8, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  2. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  3. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  4. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT

therryzsx and elmadi like this.
  5. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I believe that when you love to drive, you have to love this car ! and yet I will soak the designer of the headlights well in a barl of tar and feathers :D
    T 33 design is so much better

6. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    An F1 driver having to drive his road car with headphones is hilarious. The transmission whine is unbelievable. To each their own but to me this car is a joke (and an ugly one at that).

Boomhauer, PAUL500 and jpalmito like this.
  7. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's barely a road car. It seems that it is the quickest current road legal car around a circuit. The most extreme!

Johnny_Bravo, gzachary and elmadi like this.
  8. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    If that's your bag the simple solution is to buy a genuine (and actually lightweight) race car, then drop it off to Lanzante and use it for its original purpose mostly, with the occasional option to drive it on the road. These final iterations of the Valkyrie are neither fish or foul. A pity as it had so much promise at the start.

elmadi, rmolke85 and jpalmito like this.
  9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I agree with everything you say except for the last bit, the final iterations are probably not as well finished version of an idea that to me never made any sense. Who cares if this car is 100kg heavier, it always was going to be a nonsensical road car.

10. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    All these cars are all a compromise, no one is going to use a Valkerie day to day. How often do you think they will be driven - a few times a year? That's probably how often I drive my F50. On those occasions go for a drive you want it to be a real experience, pure theatre, and on that basis the Valkerie will be difficult to surpass. I have driven race cars on the road many times and it's an enjoyable experience if you accept it for what it is, a thrill. If you want to get from A to B and get out thinking wholly ****, I couldn't take much more of that, but what a ride! The Valkerie will do the job. If you can't handle it, and still want to drive an icon, get a 288 GTO (I just drove from London to Spa(Belgium) non-stop, got our fresh and still had over 1/4 of a tank left). There is also something to be said for a car you can drive to the track, rather than trailer. And as for the compromise v.s. original design, I know Newey a bit from racing and some track stuff together but am friends with people who know him a lot better, he is an absolute genius (he did one lap in a friends Ariel Atom, in the early days when they were struggling with handling, it was very twitchy, he got out and said what needed to be changed, I don't recall what now, but it was pretty simple components and it transformed the car and my friend fed it back to Ariel), but the Valkerie was never going to be finished, because there was no pen down and no compromise when targets couldn't be hit - just more options to investigate (the car was already 3 years late - deposits where taken in early 2016 with first cars scheduled to be delivered early 2019)... However the car is all Newey!!! All major components and specs and aero are to his brief, he selected suppliers, signed off all design details, and he oversaw it all. As I understand it there were problems with cooling which could only be solved with adding weight. Don't like transmission whine? That's fine, don't worry, there are thousands of other cars out there for you, which don't whine, have storage space and comfy seats, you can probably even find one where you don't have to step on said seat to get in...

11. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the sound is uncouthly loud. the tone is almost flat and unpleasent same as the huayra r

12. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I will happily take the 288 GTO or the F50 and smile all the way to my grave. The valkyrie is not for me :)

gzachary, anunakki, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  13. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    There is an out and out racing driver, who actually did not like the 599 factory manual over a distance due to its rev drops, who states he would happily take that pre production car all the way from southern Italy back to the UK, no headphones required, and still yet to be fettled. Now that is a no compromise hyper car that sounds incredible, and no gearbox whine either. However is that is your thing you also have the option of the S Lauda version. Best of all worlds.

As an aside, this thread should now really be in the British cars section as it stopped being about a comparison with the Enzo a long time back.

john a barnes likes this.
  14. Bobj

Bobj Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2013
    UK
    For me the Enzo would be the biggest compromise of all the cars discussed, due to the gearbox, but each to his / her own. These cars are all expensive enough already without us all chasing the same one...

elmadi likes this.
  15. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    perfectly put.

elmadi likes this.
  16. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  17. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  18. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    Boomhauer, elmadi and F2003-GA like this.
  19. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  20. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  21. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    crazy and strange times :D :D
    Corette Z06 sounds more Ferrari than Ferrari
    and now T50 sounds more F1 that current F1 car

22. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    t50 does sound fantastic and will be a great, pure drivers car

Bobj, Caeruleus11, Boomhauer and 3 others like this.
  23. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
    Amen :)

j09333 likes this.
  24. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009
  25. elmadi

elmadi Formula 3

Apr 25, 2009