If you got an old GULF racing shirt, dust it off because... | FerrariChat

If you got an old GULF racing shirt, dust it off because...

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by bitzman, Aug 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I have a feeling Gulf Oil is coming back to sponsoring the Ford GT. Maybe for LeMans 2019. Should work out just fine with the June 2019 rollout of the film "Ford vs. Ferrari" (working title only).
    I'll go to the press conference Saturday and post Monday what Ford said, with pictures. All I can say is, if Ferrari doesn't go into it seriously, the Fazzais will get their behind kicked again at the Sarthe. Maybe Ford will enter 13 Ford GTs like they did in '66! (Can I say "These colors don't run" now...)

2. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Wouldn't be the same without John Wyer in charge, but it would be nostalgic to see them sponsoring again.

3. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    For what it is worth, the real Gulf Oil Company is no longer in business. Chevron acquired the physical assets. The "Gulf" name was sold to a marketing company that sells gasoline on the east coast. It would have to be the marketing company that would now be the sponsor.

375+ likes this.
  4. Sinovac

Sinovac Karting

Aug 25, 2007
    Where did you hear this?