If you had 150K Spare - 360CS, F40 or Murcielago! | Page 4 | FerrariChat

If you had 150K Spare - 360CS, F40 or Murcielago!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Ade, May 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

150K to spend, what would you buy? F40, 360CS or Murcielago?

1. 360 CS

2. F40

3. Murcielago

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    dave why do people on here want to comment but hide behind a computer with false id dont they have any guts or are they scared the wife might find out and give them some more house work to do i belive in freedom of speech if somebody dont like what you are saying they can answer on here if you are listening ToNYH kick him of as he is a mouse not a person and animals are not allowed on here

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Dear Dark Lord,
    do yourself a favour and fill out your profile properly and post pics of your car if you want to be taken seriously here.
    If you don't or can't , it would appear you are, in fact, nothing but a time wasting teenager yourself.
    I've met a lot of people who post here , including a teenager and his dad, and we're all bone fide Ferrari owners/ enthusiasts.

3. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Because some of us realise its not a good idea to have your name, location, e-mail, IP held in the DB of sites on the web.

I'm sure this is a reputable forum, but that can soon change with change of ownership. Or worse still if the server is hacked.

4. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

hummm.... thankfully I'm not convinced that is true in UK at least (I can't speak for areas outside the UK). A large proportion of the people I 'talk to' on this site I have met personnally on drive-outs / spoken to on the phone etc. Fairly rigorous inspection of each others cars also occurs ... :) yup definately a Ferrari and not a Mazda :) :)!!

anyway WELCOME to the site Murci-Boy...

Adrian

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    We aren't interested in details of your bank account etc...however, it would be nice if some personal info was forthcoming.....
    As it is , i know you are very well known on Porsche owners forums so why won't you reveal the same info here?

6. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    damn-didnt realise you guys won't take me seriously with no pic's of my car on here yet! Will get snapping and posting asap!

7. Murcielago_Boy

Murcielago_Boy Formula Junior

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord

Our man with the 512M - Mr Steve Fi***i***ns should show new users some ******* courtesy instead of being such a relentless know it all.

I think I've made my point.

P.S I have laid claim to the ownership of NO car. Assume I own NOTHING..

8. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    this site is for car enthusiasts and it was reputable till people like you and murchi boy start posting with fake id so tonyh i think they are hackers so kick them off and if they dont want kicking off post some sensible form of id ect and accept my apoliges or go and play some where else

9. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Gary,
    the difference is , you haven't come onto this forum and given it large about owning a Murci, whilst gashing off other Fchatters....

10. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    keeping this on the subject - don't forget to vote!! I must say I'm actually quite surprised at the overwhelming win for the F40. I was expecting a much much closer race between all three, as I know most people here do have a lot of respect for Lambos and the CS is owned and respect by many.

Anyway I will keep you all updated on my final decision. Its all still up in the air at the moment, trying to do the maths and decide whether I could bear to depart with my cherished 355 Spider (I still have a buyer just waiting in the wings which always helps).

Its only a 30,000 deposit down for the Murci..... 3 months later arghh!!!!!! Temptation!!! Got to work harder...

Ade

11. Murcielago_Boy

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord

Ade - if you shop around for Finance you can find the right deal for your Lamborghini you want so badly. A friend of mine with a contact at Lombard (the friend is a residential property player in London which goes to explain a LOT) managed to negotiate 0.75% over base for the loan on his 575M!!!!
    I believe the figure he told me he was paying were like (don't actually know whether they add up...)
    £13,000 deposit, £1800 a month with a whacking great balloon (~£85k) at the end of the finance term. His fully specced 575M F1 was bought NEW from Stratstones for only £135K (what a discount over list!)

12. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Ade....may be following you down the same road of indecisiveness (not a murci fan though).......after six weeks off work (following a nasty dislocation of the shoulder) the hospital told me yesterday "I shall be damaged for life".....work are 100% liable and not in a position to challenge my claim......I'm gutted......Tony, what colours are the CS available in ???
    cheers, delirious dave

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Dave,
    blu TdF, Rosso Scuderia with stripes, Rosso Corsa, Nero Daytona, Giallo Modena and Grigio Alloy........any others ?

14. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    Iv'e just come !

15. ninja_eli

ninja_eli Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    "Murcielago_Boy" Dude you are tooooo funny! get back to some real work, dirty scallywag.

Ade, no wrong guy! In an altogether less extravagant business, although it does pay the bills. lol. Definitely a good idea to hook up with some more Londoners, I'm between North and West End, often at Knightsbridge, Kensington or Selfridges (handbags,shoes all the things women like,mines cost me more than the Ferrari this year.) Someone set a date, we could cruise Knightsbridge, Berkeley Sq et al like a bunch of saddos. lol, no seriously, there are still some interesting roads for a blat... Docklands???

Problems I've had I'll fill you in later, but moreso its to do with the ridiculous system here in the UK.

Simon, I've found the Murci clutch to be easy... to the point of distraction...its a little too easy, but I wouldnt put it down as a major issue.

Like our friend MurciBoy (you pratt come up with something better than that), I think a left hand drive one has the benefit that the clutch foot has a decent enough resting place, something thats amiss in the RHD cars. I found that a major discomfort, but not enough as to put me off one. But in the end, although its enviably fast (quicker than my 360 by some margin) it still feels somewhat heavy, although thats not to say it isnt capable or involved.

My problem with driving it isnt with *it* per se, its more so London and its swathing roads, not forgetting its near idiot like passenger car driver population, and the plethora of other ****heads on the road, including but not limited to taxi drivers, bus drivers, lorry drivers etc etc etc. As a general rule, I've found motorcyclists the most polite. Says a lot doesnt it?

A near 2 tonne, carbon fibre bodied 7ft wide Supercar, with a delicate clutch driving down width restricted, tiny cobbled streets, trying to avoid the above mentioned fool list. It just seems a little daunting.

It would be true to accuse me of twisted view. Its simply because of my recent experiences, but that is alas all we all have to go on. First hand information-the best, although sometimes you'd wish you'd never had.;) lol.

Regards

16. ninja_eli

ninja_eli Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Ali
    ps Ade, definitely keep the 355 spider. You'll have lots fun in that this summer. Have you had a tubi fitted yet and decatted the thing?

If so, enjoy, its gonna be a good summer,

if not, do it now, man!! You'll love it!

17. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    Well I guess at least you have a valid reason for being on the forum all the time :) (although I'm sure you would perfer that was not the case)... I'm just skiving off work as usual thinking abour cars!!

So what are you options you are giving yourself (dream or reality)?
    Ade

18. Garyh

Garyh Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    finance details from murciboy seem bit too good?
    Got mine from lombard too which was a "deal" via my business bank manager.
    borrowed £123,000 @ £1500 a month with reasonable balloon.£135K for fully specced seems unreal.I got £20K off list with a haggle that went on for weeks! Cancelled order then maybe but if its your choice of spec i'd be amazed and not a little sad that i've wasted a few sheckles!!...........

19. Murcielago_Boy

May 27, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    The Dark Lord

The numbers could be "out" so take my figures with a pinch of salt Gary - my info is second hand....
    And I'm assuming that your do not have such a large balloon against your car.
    Anyhow, this car WAS a cancelled order - apparently Stratstone called up my mate and simply said they had a 575M F1 w/Fiorano sitting on the forecourt ready to go for around ~£135K. He had no choice in colour, spec or anything. Got on the phone and did the deal...

20. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK

Tubi :) ... yes... decatted, well nearly (empty shell on one side) , gonna do it properly soon. I'm definately up for a cruise and a blast sometime - I know is a bit 'show off' around the West End but hey thats what London's all about.

OK F-chat Londoners, the weather looks cr@p for this weekend, but you never know Monday morning might be alright. Any provisional interest for a cruise for 'honeys'? (If weather is crap - following sat morning..?)

Playboy-Ade

21. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    'tis a difficult decision...i love (and have loved for the past two and a half decades) the carbed 308.
    besides, if the north west boys can't keep up with a twenty five year old, three litre, V8, carrying an eighteen stone fat slob, then there's not much point in changing.
    "Win by the smallest possible margin"
    regards, david (wi' tin hat on)
    ps....just thought i'd continue with the "wind stevef up" theme.

22. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    1) How does one verify your id is not fake?
    2) How does the lack of info in my public profile prevent me from being a car enthusiast?
    3) Point to a post I have made which brings this site in to disrepute?

So signing up to a forum with an alias makes me a hacker? LMAO.

If you can't accept people using aliases, I suggest you pack up your pc and play elsewhere, because the web is obviously not the place for you.

23. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
    Must be another 5to1. I've only just joined the 911uk forum recently.

I dont like to give my details for many reasons. But one example is illustrated here. When people such as Steve F take a disliking to you, they can follow you around the forums. As I've observed with other people.

In this case its much easier to change your alias and not have to worry about your real name/location etc floating around from previous posts.

And if I was a hacker as Steve F suggests, or had any mallicious intentions, I would use a proxy.

24. 5to1

5to1 Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2004
  25. simon355

simon355 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    W.Yorkshire, UK.
    Full Name:
    Simon George

Yea, on reflection driving a Murci in London all the time does seem a bit daunting. I think i'm gonna pick mine up from the service centre at North Acton which is closer to the M1 so I don't have to negotiate central London. Up here its all country roads and the odd stray cow. However the country lane from my house to the main road is very narrow(have trouble with the 355 now),so with a Murci it should be fun.