355 - If you happen to own the Sega simulator, V2 is available super limited | FerrariChat

355 If you happen to own the Sega simulator, V2 is available super limited

Discussion in '348/355' started by Subarubrat, Apr 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7770

I know a few others on the forum also own the Sega F355 Challenge arcade simulator. The version 2 which has more tracks to include Nurburgring and Fiorano, is super rare and was only sold in the far east. I was looking for years and found one computer set in all that time, in Australia, and that got sold out from under me. I recently got a V2 ROM PCB that works on the single, dual, and deluxe 3 screen versions. The guy has one more left if you want to update your machine to V2, you can easily swap between the versions by swapping the ROM board. Most importantly it has the security chip!

Attached Files:

• 355.jpg
      355.jpg
      File size:
      105.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3552.jpg
      3552.jpg
      File size:
      135 KB
      Views:
  2. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Wow blast from the past. I used to play a sit down triple that was in the common area of one of the Microsoft buildings in 98, 99 or so...maybe even as late as 2000. Was on free play so I could stop by anytime for some laps.

I’ve only played it once (a single monitor sit down) since then about 4-5 years ago.

3. Subarubrat

Subarubrat Formula 3

Apr 1, 2009
    VA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It was brand new in 99' and about $12k out of the crate so that was an awesome thing! Did you happen to know Ed Fries, he was head of gaming at that point and also a 355 owner (still is) and may have had something to do with that machine being there ;)

4. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Honestly, I’m not sure whose it was and I don’t know Ed.

Now I drive triple monitors with iRacing and a 488 GT3. :)