If you want order a new Ferrari what can u buy today? | FerrariChat

If you want order a new Ferrari what can u buy today?

Discussion in '296' started by DavisJ, Feb 8, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    roma and portofino? i think 296 hardtop is backed up thank goodness the spider/gts book is opening but is this normal?

i dont include those special series or icona cars.

2. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Remember that in the recent past Ferrari only really sold four cars - Cali/Porto, V8, v12 and 612/TT/Lusso. The Roma/Porto are available. The 296 is the new V8. There's no V12 but Ferrari is so backed up with 812 S and C orders that they will be delivered until late 2023. And soon the SUV will be available. It seems like the V12 is the big gap because we know almost nothing about the 812 successor. But who recalls the gap between the 430 and 458 when almost no V8s were delivered for about six months while the last 16Ms were trailing in and the 458s were just starting to trickle in?

So is this normal? I guess my answer is that it's not terribly different than the past. But it feels light because of the V12 situation.

BLUESL, RamsHmb and Slicknick like this.
  3. Slicknick

Slicknick Karting

Oct 15, 2019
    Willebroek, Belgium
    Full Name:
    N. Y. Yazgan
    Ever since I can remember, there has always been a "bottleneck" model for Ferrari, where
    1- either the model was completely sold out until the phase-out timing (The 812 et al)
    or
    2- there was a gap between the phase-out of an old model and the arrival of a new one (F355->360, F430->458, or even like what we are about to witness from the F8 to 296 GTB; not to mention the GTC4 Lusso -> Purosangue)

4. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Correct. And, the salesfolk at my dealer are none too happy about it. They are relying on the sales of a lot of used and trade-ins.

5. daviderx

daviderx Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Palm Beach County
    Full Name:
    David
    It would seem you can order a Roma or a 296GTB. The 296GTB will be delivered in perhaps 2 years unless you have already bought a few Ferraris… First SUV allocations in 2023 for delivery a year or so later? Ferrari should show us the 296 spyder very soon for delivery in 23 as well

ryalex likes this.
  6. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    1. Roma
    2. Portofino M
    3. 296GTB

Crazy moment, actually.

BigJay2050 likes this.
  7. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Yup, and even if they announce the 296GTS soon, it's still light in terms of available cars. Something else should be coming, probably a v12.

I just wish they'd make the announcement already so that people stop hoping for another v8.

ryalex likes this.
  8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Maybe I'm overstating it. I guess there are lots of periods where they only had three models, but odd to see no 12 at all. Maybe the first time since what, the 1960s there's no v12 to order?

RamsHmb and BigJay2050 like this.
  9. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    i was just told by my AD that even the roma and portofino is 1 year wait if you sign up now. loving my 458S more than ever. until the f8 shows up which is delayed again

10. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Yeah, but they're all getting big pay days with 812 GTSs, 812 Cs and SF90s rolling in.

11. daviderx

daviderx Rookie

Feb 5, 2005
    Palm Beach County
    Full Name:
    David
    I suspect it is difficult to meet US and EU emission regs with the 12s. They will keep making them but I would bet in limited editions: perhaps a high end verion of the upcoming SUV and a La Ferrari replacement? V6 with electrification will become standard. The 296GTB HP is impressive. Would not be surprised if they can push it well over 900HP in a 296 Speciale in a few years

ryalex likes this.
  12. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    High price/low volume. Those cars are trickling in.

13. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    My dealer told me yesterday no more Portofino M’s are available (and they just released them). Roma and 296 are the only new cars that can be ordered. Amazing

D11 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. gabf1

gabf1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 7, 2004
    Rockies
    Same. No more pm. Hopefully, 296gts gets revealed soon.

DRA132629 likes this.
  15. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    Landed on mobile Ferrari Las Vegas site and they literally just have the 296 and Roma on the main page. So sparse.

16. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    Ferrari of Vancouver says Roma and 296 only. Porto M order book closed.

D11 likes this.
  17. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    The way to get a new car early in its production cycle has been (for some time) to put deposits before the car is officially available.
    So apart from the 296 GTB I think one could also "order":
    - 296 spider
    - Purosangue
    - and a little bit more difficult maybe, the Portofino replacement (Roma spider or whatever) and the SF90 replacement (whatever it will be).
    These options may not lead to longer waiting than entering the queue now for models that have been available for some time.

18. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    my understanding is that this is possible in Europe but not in the US. My dealer in California won’t take a deposit until the car is able to be configured. So while I expressed interest on a 296 Spider the day the GTB was shown, I have to wait until it’s official before doing so.

D11 and IvanRico like this.
  19. DavisJ

DavisJ Karting

Dec 31, 2019
    like i said 2 cars only

20. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    Same..not sure if you are FoSF or SV. I am with SV. Even though they won’t take the deposit until the configurator is running, they can still move the orders around and u can get an early car.

21. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Same - I asked when I was in on Monday waiting for the brake recall - Was told I could still order a Roma or 296 - Not interested in the 296 (no slam against the 296 - it is amazing - just already have two mid-engine cars so considering a Roma) - Also asked about the possibility/process of getting in early for the "Roma GTS" or "Roma Spider" and was told nothing "official" could be done but since i have bought 6 cars from them I could stake my claim and they would "hold me a spot" and as soon as they can take deposits I could "officially" place an order.

The way things are looking/working lately I figure that would put a Roma GTS (?) in my possession sometime in late 2025 at the earliest so if I do anything I would just order a TdF/Crema Roma and call it a day :)

anunakki likes this.
  22. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    As I understand it FoSV won’t take a deposit till it is announced. I’ve done it twice and have been near front both times…

SV

BCHOW and RamsHmb like this.
  23. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I could be wrong but I don't think "legally" a Dealer can take a deposit until the model is officially announced and configurator open etc. - But like any other "AD" (watches, cars etc.) they can manipulate "the list" and favor repeat/loyal customers - as it should be IMHO ;) I know there are LOT of customers who have spent more $$ than me at my dealer but I am deathly loyal to them and have referred many people to them for Ferrari's and other cars - I also don't expect them to give their cars away and as long as the deals are fair I don't squabble over every penny - I also service all my Ferrari's there and am upfront with them that even though I bought my Porsche's from them I have them serviced at the Porsche dealer - again, loyalty.

Call me naïve but I still think it pays off in some areas - Cheers and good luck with the upcoming purchase! :)

24. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I heard today 296GTB no more orders.

That means the only Ferrari you can order now is the Roma.

Crazy times!

25. DQSF

DQSF Karting

Dec 19, 2020
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dennis Q
    WOW! I had heard it was likely to close the books before end of year but this is crazy, ahead of any deliveries.