I'll bet you can get a deal on this car. | FerrariChat

I'll bet you can get a deal on this car.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by teak360, Feb 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    What a load of sh*t! 1, Slam the brakes to the floor. 2, Yank the E-brake. 3, turn the key from start, hard if you have to. 4, ram the b*tch into a lower gear. 5, grind the thing against a guardrail or center divider to slow it down. I have never heard this story with a man behind the wheel. Give me a brake! {Yes, brake instead of break}

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    What's really amazing is that it is 85 miles from Limon to Denver. I think this is the first time a Pontiac Sunfire has made the entire trip without stalling on the side of the road.

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i call BS . at that speed with no fluid the car would have burned up the trans, i have a friend with a trans shop and i would love to see the " pin" that came out AND allowed to car to be " stuck" in gear AND allow the fliud to come out and NOT burn on the cat converter, alerting the driver that there was a "problem" before it became unstopable. the computer in the car can be scanned for number of starts, codes, speeds, ect.i find it hard to believe the ignition could not be shutt off or to the " run" position, allowing the steering to work but killing the fire to the engine. i was looking at a car for sale for a female friend one time. it was a black 91 ford t bird with the turbo. anyway lucky for us it was a DIRT car lot as when we pulled from a timid test drive the little clip that holds the thottle cable to the throttle plate assemby broke and wedged the throttle open. i slammed the throttle full open a few times to try to free whatever held it open. brakes were useless against the power of the engine. i slid in sideways with the tires absolutely BOILING (stuck , wide open throttle) i turned to key to " run" and stopped the car. this is a known problem with this ford set up, and we were very lucky we were not on pavement!!!!! cool thread though.

4. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I agree.Most girls that age are very car knowlegable.It could have been easily avoided.I had the vaccum line freeze from condensation on my 91 camaro one morning going to highschool.I turned on cruise and it continued to raise the speed with no way to shut it off.The brakes will pretty much stop it.Although it is hard to think in those situations.A cop just happened to be going by and gave us a 100mph ride to school up route 55.Back when the caprice had the LT-1 engine.My dad had the car back to me before the school day was over.