Illinois to Ban Aftermarket Exhausts? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Illinois to Ban Aftermarket Exhausts?

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, May 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Funny, I never heard them and my bedroom window is right on LSD. And it is open at night. Anyway. What bothers me about all of this is, that Illinois is trying to become Germany/Switzerland. And that is NOT a good thing. I left that part of Europe for a reason.

2. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Maybe it was not clear in my post, but I agree. We do have enough laws, they are just not enforced properly. As with most situations, passing another law seems to be the easy way out. Give the police another way to not enforce the law.

There has been a law in Illinois for many years regarding not being in the left lane "except when passing". I am sure that none here, has ever seen a slow driver in the left lane before with people passing on the right. :D

That law has never been enforced properly so just last year they passed another law that basically states the same thing.

Go figure.

3. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    The main part of the problem was in the Hyde Park area.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm, in that case passing this law is actually a good thing: I prefer them not to ever enforce such laws...
    :)

5. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill

I really don't think that this law will be a problem for Ferraris and the like.

I personally love the sweet melody that issues forth, from a rusted out, auto-trans, stock Sentra with a straight exhaust or fart can with no guts....

yeah right :D