I'm getting screwed by a traffic light camera! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I'm getting screwed by a traffic light camera!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Feb 28, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

lol

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    enough is enough. Nibbles broke 3 of our 4 only rules for the hundredth time...

1.1 No "Flaming": Please do not post any messages that harass, insult, belittle, threaten or flame another user.

1.2 No "Trolling": Please do not post any topic that disrupts the peace and harmony of this community. Don't create meaningless threads with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. This includes messages in profiles and signatures.

1.4 No "Offensive" Posts, Links or Images: Please do not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist, discriminatory, or otherwise in violation of any local or international laws. This includes links in your signature, profile, bookmarks as well as posted images, photos and avatars. Moderators will ultimately decide if something is appropriate or not.

3. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Nibblesworth - I think you might be getting off track here. You admitted you didn't stop and admitted you misunderstood the law (which does require a complete stop). Be it 18mph or 8mph - that is still running a light.

In the original version of your story you slowed down (intersection presumably from the speed limit of 40mph) and made your turn (the ticket says to 18mph). I doubt you could take it from 18 mph to near zero in a matter of inches (and if you were at 18mph right on the line you quite likely were near that at one foot over the line.) The speed that is important is the speed at which you entered the intersection - e.g. ran the red light / crossed the line. It is my understanding that typically the first photo has the speed entering the intersection.

Either way 18 mph, 8 mph, tiny roll - you ran the red.

Now - not to say you shouldn't fight it. Just don't bring this thread as evidence or mention you rolled through it and thought that was the law.

I think running a red light is a standard fine for simplicity's sake. It would be too cumbersome to dole out tickets based on speed at which the light were run. Running a red on a right can also be dangerous - that is why a stop is required. Getting into speeds at which the red /right was run is too cumbersome.

4. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    Rob I agree. I often agree with nibbs posts - but in this case he went overboard.

Timeline
    1) posts about an egregious ticket
    2) learns the ticket was in fact not egregious
    3) his anger from the ticket has a synergistic effect with his new anger/embarrassment over his misinterpretation of the law
    4) he boils over and lashes out against those pointing out the flaw in his logic
    5) he is banned

Hopefully he will be allowed back (on probation) after serving his time.

5. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    This reminds me of the old joke:

Nibblesworth gets pulled over for going through a stop sign. The police officer explains why he has been pulled over, and Nibbleswortth replies "Well, I slowed down, what's the difference"

The police officer (must be an LAPD) whips out his billyclub and starts hitting Nibblesworth over the head with it. He says "OK, Nibblesworth, do you want me to stop clubbing you, or just slow down"

6. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    LOL! very funny and apropos.

7. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Personal reminder - it's OK to read posts from "Nibblesworth", not OK to respond unless I agree with him. Yeah, I think I can remember that.

8. GTO84

GTO84 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Get a faster car. next time it'll be a blur.

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    POST OF THE MONTH! ;)

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I don't have such problems since I never speed!

DL

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    And you're still faster than Jimmy...