I'm not coming to the Vintage area any more... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I'm not coming to the Vintage area any more...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by murph7355, Jun 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Congrats again, Andy :) Carbon, i'll take some pics tomm when i met Andy and the Daytona for the 1st time . Gonna be a great drive up there ;)

2. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Andy,
    Congratulations! She looks great, mate.
    Cheers,
    Zach

3. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    I'm still looking, but there seems to have been very few quality cars become available in the US over the past 24 months. It would appear that the vintage market in the US is a seller’s market. Quality cars (250’s, 275’s, 330GTC’s, Daytona’s, Dino’s, etc) sell quickly for prices 25-100% above the 2002 market. I’ve lost count how many times I’ve responded to a broker’s e-mail, or advertisement and heard, “It sold in 90 minutes and I have 4 other buyers lined up if that deal falls through.” The local Ferrari dealer has been quite helpful. We chased Daytona 15575, but it slipped out of our fingers….long story. They also had a 275GTS that I turned down two years ago because I was not keen on the color…stupid, stupid, stupid…..

Once again, congratulations and enjoy!

4. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    First tier Daytonas are now selling a bit north of $250,000. I believe the summer prices will climb a little more. It's about time. These cars have been undervalued for a long time.

5. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Wooow Congratulations!!!! :)

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Beautiful . I love plexis .

7. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Thanks again chaps.

Roy - I also had a brief look in 02 when I ended up buying the 355 (scared off of Daytonas by horror stories about servicing). I could have picked on up for 2/3s of the money this cost, for a comparable car.

If you have the money, and want one, I'd say find a good one and go for it quickly!

250kUSD is a lot of cash even over here. I'm surprised they're that much.

There are a couple on www.mobile.de at well under that at the moment (LHD) and there are a couple of very good RHD cars available over here that may well be up for less than that too.

But prices certainly seem to be creeping up for good provenance cars (YOW isn't for sale unless you have a 250GT SWB for even swap :)).

Just put a bunch more miles on it. Getting used to the brakes now. Windscreen wipers made me laugh when I had to use them and 130 is very stable...13.6mpg was better than expected too. Not sure I'll find out what it does at a steady 56mph though...

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Awesome, i can't wait...