I'm now a 348 Owner | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I'm now a 348 Owner

Discussion in '348/355' started by User-C3, Sep 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Good work on the rolling! Seen lot of issues related to bad stereo in installs. Probably good to pull it out and get it back to oem so good call. Circle the plug your talking about to help seeing it.

2. pnicholasen

pnicholasen Formula 3

Jan 14, 2011
    South of Philly
    Full Name:
    Paul Nicholasen
    If you pump the brake pedal 10 times with the key off, that should lower the pressure on the brake accumulator. Now turn the key to "on" and you should hear the brake pressure pump run. If not, and there is power going to the pump wired, you've got a problem. I know you can replace a bad accumulator for cheap using one from an older (i think...) T bird. If you have a bad pump there might also be a cheap alternative to the official Ferrari $$$$ choice.
    There's a video series that might help a bit:

Sent from my VS990 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Ryan... likes this.
  3. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    The plug i am talking about is the one thats not plugged in with the green rubber water seal on it.
    Thanks for the video, he makes good one's. At this point i know all about the braking system, just hadn't independantly tested the motor and the pressure switch to verify for sure. Tons of cars used these systems. So far I've found the jag xj and Saab to be the closest to identical complete units. Range rover also has one very close, and i ordered a complete unit. For sure the switch and diaphragm will work, and I'm going to see if the motor bolt pattern matches up. Regardless for $120 i have a complete unit i can mess with vs just getting the pressure switch. Will post my findings.

4. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    Welcome to the family!

A

5. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    I believe that plug is for the Ferrari Tester to check on AC problems. In the workshop manual. AC Sec i, page 35, it show a pic of the AC Ferrari tester attached to plug.

6. User-C3

User-C3 Karting

Aug 29, 2018
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    Good news, figured if it was supposed to be plugged in, it's female counter part would be near by.