Buy

I'm off to the 12 Hrs of Sebring 2004

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Dave Bendl, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    I'm leaving for Sebring Florida this week to visit my dad who just turned 80. On the 20th I'll be at the track all day. I have secured media credentials for this historic race that should get me anywhere the press is allowed, including the pits.
    This year, a number of Ferrari 360's are entered in the GT class which should result in a great Ferrari vs Porsche battle.

Most eyes will be on the GTS class in which much of the media hype has been on Ferrari vs Corvette. Two Ferrari 575C's will battle for the GTS class. Corvette won Sebring last year, but Ferrari won Le Mans & Road Atlanta.
    See the article at www.sebringraceway.com
    Here's what they have to say:

"CORVETTE vs FERRARI Rivalry Continues:
    The GTS class at the 52nd Annual Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring promises to be another hotly-contested battle between the Chevrolet Corvette factory team and several Ferrari entries. Last year, Corvette won Sebring easily, but the Ferrari beat them at Le Mans and Road Atlanta, setting the stage for a Sebring rematch.
    A new Ferrari team, Baron Connor Racing, will enter a pair of Ferrari 575 GTC's with former Indy 500 winner Danny Sullivan among the drivers. Other Ferrari entries are also expected, along with a challenge from the new factory-backed ACEMCO Saleen team.

The GT class appears to be a Porsche vs. Ferrari battle, although TVR, Morgan and Spyker could be a factor.

The Sebring schedule will again include a wide variety of supporting events such as the Speed World Challenge, Star Mazda Series and Panoz GT Pro Series."

Dave

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bring back some good shots pls!

Safe trip.

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Burt Levy made Sebring sound like a religious experience for many in his "Potside Companion". Sounds extraordinary. Maybe you can do a piece for "La Gazetta", Dave?
    Philip

5. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    #4 Dave Bendl, Mar 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Great shots Dave, anxiously waiting for your report.

A couple of days ago I was at a reputable Ferrari dealer in the shop and noticed some very interesting photographs on the wall. Spending my days in a PC office environment I thought that was a relict of the past. Not so, say Ferrari mechanics.
    :)

7. To remove this ad click here.