I'm off to Vegas / Florida | Page 2 | FerrariChat

I'm off to Vegas / Florida

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Chiaro_Slag, Apr 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Very nice!! Very classy!!

DL

2. clokey

clokey Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Beautiful car Jerry......looks amazing! Congratulations!

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for all the kind words guys! Very nice of you. :)

Jordan - Storage condom - Now that was funny!!! If it would have come with the car, I may have kept it in there forever just admiring it. :)

Wax - Testachiaro - Nice!

Darth - Thanks for the kind words - Hope to meet you at CC soon.

Ferrari Boy - If I had the cash, I would definitely keep the 328, but I can't afford them both, so it will have a new happy home soon. Another F-Chatter is buying it in a few weeks if all goes well with the PPI. We have already talked about getting Augustine, the Chiaro 328, and the Chiaro TR together for some of the local drives and taking plenty of pictures of them together!! :)

nationaltec - Cya in AZ, lol. :)

clokey - Thanks bud!

Byron - Look forward to checking out your new ride - I just love the interior in those cars & spent some time at the Florida airport reading the Forza buying guide about those cars. Very cool - The writers even liked the blue colors. :)

I am truly in love with the TR - Now if I could just raise enough cash to get a Tubi put on it. :)

4. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Holy Moly! You are my hero! You really don't mess around, do you. I saw Rick at the FOC swap meet on Saturday and he told me you were flying out to look at a TR. Now you own one! You are the man!
    Are you going to drive it to CC or bring it over in an enclosed trailer! LOL
    Good luck, can't wait to see it or the look on your neighbor Ken's face!
    Blue with envy...Lou

5. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Sucks you can't keep both, they are both stunning cars. Glad to see that another F-chatter is buying it though, is it staying in the california, or going somewhere else? Can't wait to see your TR and Augustine's 328 together, man that would be a sight. Maybe we can get that blue Boxer with ya guys as well.

Congrats again Jerry, wish you well with the car.

-David

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hey Lou!

Maybe I can bring it over to CC in the enclosed trailer, in the bubble! :)

I can't wait to tell Ken. :)

You will need to get a bubble for the 308 once it's done!

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Oh yah, forgot about that 512BB - That would make a nice fourth blue car for the lineup!!! Plus the owner is very cool. :)

Thanks to my wife Melissa for always letting me do these crazy things. :)

8. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch
    Ya, it's a really nice car. Maybe we can find a fifth somewhere, maybe we'll get lucky at CC? It will be awesome though.

Here is your car with the 512BB...

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Wow, I don't know if it's the angle of the pic or what, but the 512 looks huge compared to the 328 in that pic!

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Its all about the large behind. Real men like the wider is better scenario.

And cheers to Melissa!

By the way Jerry, cool name change.

11. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Wait until you park your new car next to the 328.....

Chiaro_Slag?? What happened to Jerry Testarossa Barbarino? :)

Way to go! Cool car. I wonder if we can find a Euro Headliner and Euro belts for her, kinda like a certain F40 I know......

12. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    OH MY GOD! I knew I should have been checking this post more often. Jerry buddy you are the man. What a sweeeeeeet TR. Now I am mega jelous. I can't get over how nice she looks and that color combination is awesome. It's hard to out do your 328 but from the photos it looks like you may have done it. TR/512 is one ride that I always go back to when considering the 355. I will have to take some seriouls drool time when she's in your driveway. Very cool find. I can't wait to hear all about it.

-Jay.

13. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Jay - It was between the TR and a 355 - I love them both - It just came down to which one I could find first in the right color combo! :)

I'll let you know when it's ready for you to test drive. ;)

14. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Can we find the euro suspension also? :)

15. 007

007 Guest

Feb 18, 2003
    Scottsdale&LasVegas
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Congrats Jerry! I've been out of touch here on F-chat lately so I just found out the great news. That is an amazing ride! When it gets delivered I might have to make another trip to SoCal to check it out! Enjoy!!!

16. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Jerry,
    That looks like South Florida - specifically, Boca Raton. Where did it come from?

Congratulations, by the way!!!!

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    It came from the Tampa Bay area - St. Petersburg.

Thanks!

18. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I didn't know you bought this car! It is still listed, isn't it? or is it different from what we talked before?

The car looks gorgeous.... Breathtaker, it surely is. Are you still in heaven? When you come down to the earth, let me know how the car drives, ok?

I ended up w/ 98 355 Spider, Fiorano Red/Tan, (my favorite color on Ferrari) on the search of 512TR/M.

I wish that there was 512TR w/ Cali. Blue/crema or tan available in the market, then I would bought that car! Or you may took the car before me.

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Kevin Henry, a local F-Chatter, knew I was in search of a blue TR or 355. He also is buying my 328 if the PPI goes ok on the 17th. He was the one who first sent me the link to the car. It was listed at :

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/5/6/55401656.htm

When I called the seller, he was selling it to a friend. After giving up on the friend, he called me back a week or two later. I flew up there the first change I got & bought it a few days later.

Just today, I realized it was Kevin who first sent me the lead, so HUGE thanks to Kevin! He gets to man the wheel of this bad boy once I get it registered! :)

20. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    How long will your new car and yourself be in AZ for? Congrats!

21. Ferrari Boy

Ferrari Boy Formula 3

Oct 25, 2003
    Long Beach CA
    Full Name:
    David Couch

Guess it was sort of a "you help, and I'll help you" situation. Congrats again.

-David

22. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Actually I thought Jerry wouldn't be interested in the TR as I had only just joined F-chat and saw the post about any interest in the 328 - I assumed that the next car was a 355 and I'd get a "thanks but no thanks." Figured you would dig the color combo, though!!

Really pleased at the TR working out for you though and as I said in the PM I am happy to take you up on your generous offer!!

Plus from the feedback I've seen about the 328 I reckon its practically a done deal...note the current avatar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

23. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Kevin, let us know when it's done and we'll have a congratulations thread for you, too.

24. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I will be all over the SoCal forum like stink on the proverbial when it's a done deal so watch this space!!!!

Cheers
    Kevin

25. EVartanian

EVartanian Formula 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Sunny SoCal
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Man, that car is stunning. Lovely. Mentioned a congrats in another thread as that's where I heard the news, but a second is deserved, once again...Congrats!!!