I'm voting for Kinky because... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

I'm voting for Kinky because...

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Texas Forever, Oct 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I never believed that Kinky would win, but he was as good as any for a protest vote. I quit really believing in Independent candidates when Perot dropped out of the 92 election. I was a hard core Perot follower at that point, and that just crushed me. Nowdays, I'm just a cynic :D

You should be proud of the effort you and others in the campaign put into this. Even 12% is very good, look how poorly the Libertarian candidate did. Heck, the L didn't even get invited to the debate!

From July...
    Kinky would have been a cool governor, but ultimately any independent in that position would be able to accomplish absolutely jack squat. No support from either side, and everyone would just mark time until the next election.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Now if Kinky wants real power, he should run for Lieutenant Governor of Texas. Seriously.

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I feel the same way, and still proud to vote for Kinky!

3. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore
    NOPE, if Kinky had been Republican, I could have put "1 x" and been straight ticket Republican.

There is just a lot of truth to what Kinky had to say and little gave him the time of day....they laughed even called him a comedian on the local Austin news. But frankly it would have been nice to break the norm as us Texans have always been pretty damn independent and proud of it......Republican or Democrat.......there just a figure head that do what they are told to keep the coffers full. Theres a lot of crap in our government that was the very reason our fore fathers broke away from England in the first place. Kinky is a nice breath of fresh air if not a reminder.

4. speedmoore

speedmoore Formula 3
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 15, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    D Moore

;-)