IMO Some very good bad news | Page 2 | FerrariChat

IMO Some very good bad news

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    You guys are pretty harsh. Our friend did post his arrest on underage drinking (on his Birthday, if i remember) and is, i assume, bringing us up to date. Whatever you think of his drinking (and he took some **** at the time he posted originally), there is some value in letting others (including other young participants on the board) know of the consequences. Frankly, i think its pretty severe, given that he wasn't driving. But, i don't think it was inappropriate for him to post.

2. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Sorry to hear of this. There must be more to the story, but good luck, and what do they say, "easy time" or something like that. Keep us updated. Most of us let each other be human and make mistakes.
    Take care.

3. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Good grief, guys. Don't tell me you've never had a few, and were, God forbid, an underage passenger in a car.

Would you be happy if Cops made an "issue" of you - a passenger celebrating his 20th birthday who'd recently gotten back from, (read - survived) a war (read - served and protected)? Or would your emotions swirl as the epiphany struck you - the negative irony (read: Iron knee) of being busted by Cops whose door reads: to Serve and Protect - and then it just made you mad for just a moment?

4. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    live and learn dewd..it's all part of life.

people grow up in different lifestyles.some people never do anything close to wrong(something i consider a shame) and some people like to experience life.personally....i don't condone illegal stuff.....but i too drank when i was under the legal age...but i stayed home when i did.not knowing what the details are..but if you got cuaght in a car-underage-drinking...then you were asking for this....so i don't feel sorry for you(and i know your not looking for sympathy) but....you will have a story to tell your grandkids someday......

5. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    just read the post above my other one...you were the one just back from iraq?and nailed for drinking?

dewd....dewd......my opinion....

your old enough to enter the service and be prepared to give your life for this country and make adult decisions while in the service...and you can't have a drink or two?friggin' lawmakers....

reality.....what a theory

6. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    You don't need to drink when your 16, 21, 30, 50, or older. I don't agree with the laws either, I was in the service too and watched guys my age (I wasn't 21) buy alcohol and make a mess of the dorms, make too much noise, and cause serious ruckus requiring MP presence.

But, you got caught. Its not fair, but you could have waited a year to be "legal." If you can't fight the system, then next time you know how to beat it.. :(

Sunny

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Personally, I agree. I never touch the stuff. If you want to be my guest, but still realize you are accountable for your actions, intoxicated or otherwise.

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    It's obvious he did more than just drink a little on his birthday. And, he's pretty much indicated that it has something to do with violence. I think most of us could be accused of underage drinking. But to be arrested, then convicted, and jailed for violence is a difference matter.

I think he screwed up big time. And I think if more people would let him (and others like him) have it, it would do wonders for our society.

96impalaSS, you f***ed up. I'm curious: Art355, Whart, I respect your opinions highly. Just one question- Would you hire someone with a criminal record? Especially someone who has an arrest record for some violent act. I'm betting that the answer is likely No.

Yes, NNO, I was a little harsh, perhaps. But he's pretty young and now already has a covicion and arrest for violent acts. And we all know how wonderful our prison system is. When he gets out he will be less or more inclined to violence???

Dom

9. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Chris:
    You have just proven yourself to be a man of responsibility. Accepting the consequences of your actions is mature and honorable. My respect for you has risen. We all learn from our mistakes. We can either make positive changes or we can let them defeat us. You have chosen to use your situation to make a positive change and result. Congratulations! That was the point of my first post on the other thread for which at least one person chose to make a complete spectacle of himself. You on the other hand have demonstrated character in this thread. I will pray for your strength and courage while you are in custody. Be strong and use this to help others as you have stated. Best wishes.

BTW, I have about 400 employees working for me at my company. At least a dozen have had arrests while young. However the question is whether it was a felony or not. Makes a difference.

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Dom- I didn't understand that Impala got violent; only that he was found to be legally drunk, underage, in a car driven by someone who, i thought, was not drinking, but had expired tags. Perhaps i'm wrong? Not excusing anybody's behavior. As to hiring somebody with a record, well, i have. But, its a leap of faith. And, i sometimes thank heaven that i made it through my younger life, given all the crazy risks taken....

11. AznMiaiLyn

AznMiaiLyn Rookie

Jan 21, 2004
    Newburgh
    Full Name:
    Miai
    Although I'm glad that Chris isn't going to be in jail everyday of the week I'm still upset that he has to spend the weekends in jail, but it's better than not being able to see him very often. I am also glad that I get to spend Valentine's with him.(I'll try to make it worth his while) I love you Chris.

P.S. And I know that most of you have seen me in my undies.

12. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    you gonna get a tattoo? hehe, start working out at least, then punch hard on the weekends, make the time work for you;)

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Your so sweet poops.

14. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

In your original post, you played it like he had a few shots and was riding home in his friend’s car, only to be hassled by the cops for no reason. Obviously there was more to the story: being questioned by the cops is one thing, but telling them off (or taking a swing?) is something else entirely. Military service or not, injured in duty or not, if you’re being handed down this punishment chances are you have it coming.

I hope you read my post on the original thread about not drinking. I’ve never understood why, but some people are funny drunks, some amorous, some obnoxious, and some unfortunately want to fight or argue. If you’re one of the latter, really think about how much the buzz is worth to you. Looks like so far it has cost you 7 weekends and who knows how many $$$ in legal fees. It is up to you to decide if it cost you any more in the future.

Hopefully as you learn from this experience you will learn to control your "bad temper". You obviously can control it when it suits you, I can't believe it was allowed to come out when your DI was chewing on you in boot camp. Maybe the impairment of intoxication made it difficult to control in events of that night of your arrest.

Good luck to you.

15. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    I'm amazed at the slack that everyone wants to cut this guy. And the excuse that he's is/was in the military is pathetic. There's a reason why so many people dislike military members in military towns, and it's because of behavior like this guy has to offer. Too many of the guys feel that the laws shouldn't apply to them because they're enlisted.

What if he said he got busted for being high, and then something "else" happened? Would it still be, "Man, that sucks, they shouldn't be so harsh on you. I mean you should be able to break the rules since you've served in the military."?

16. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I never swang on a cop. It was a different thing I just got sentenced on. I still havent gone to court for that. And they are getting in trouble for that first thing because of what they did, luckily for me my parents have the money to stick up for my rights (and my firends rights). I'm not some spoiled B*%^h like youd think. The Marines taught me how to be my own man, but I''ll still use them if I had something wrong for me. I never swang on a cop and I wouldnt, I respect authority, and I think they should have the same respect for me.

I usually would respond to you in P.M.s about something like this but I dont want anybody to think I did that, and I think they know I wouldnt. You dont know the circumstances about what happened and dont make assumptions. Thats the type of stuff that irritates me.

I'm sorry that you guys had to see that but this is me, this is who I am, I hate liars, I hate people that make false assumptions about me, and I hate people that are jack a#^es. (even if it is me I still hate myself for it.)

That said I did what I did for what I thought was for good reason, I wouldnt do that now. And I appoligize for what I did on this board in addvance jsut now, but I dont want people thinking I hit a cop. No matter how much I adisagrred with what they said I wouldnt hit a officer. He's doing his job (even if he did not do his job properely) I know the officer has seen stuff before I still respect him.

Once again.
    Thats my piece and my word.(take it as you will, but take it.)
    Christobal.

(P.S.S. I have never been so mad at a internet writing and I shouldnt be because the guy didnt know what he was talking about, but I'm still mad, and I feel stupid for it)

Sorry guys.

17. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Dont say that. People hate Marines in Jacksonville because of what they have heard, and because of what they have done in towns such as NewBurn, or Okinawa. I never did that I'm not like them, read the post above. I'm different and dont use stuff like that as a reason for what I have done.

18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'll probally get flamed for this too, but I'm going to say it. I dont like "weed" but I know its a better drug than alcohol. Marijuana will not make people violent, EVER. I'm just posting this to a earlier thread. I've never seen a father beat a mother or family for being high, but I've seen it for being drunk before, and I'll never see it again. I dont mess around with that. "pot" is a better drug than alcohol is. And thats from personal experience. If I ever see someone hit a women or child at all ever again, especialy from alcohol I would'nt hesitate to strike on someone like that even if it meant a lifetime in prison. Thats just how I am, Once again I shouldnt say this to you but I am. I'm a honest person.

19. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason

Didn't any of you read this post? He is saying he did more than just minor in possesion.

I had a drywaller with this same attitude, about 20-21, thought he was cool because he had a bad temper and let everyone know it, spent a night in jail for a DWI, etc. About 2 months ago he was popping off to one of the framers who had come back to put in some backing. From what I heard from my super is that he threw a little fit about the length of time it took the framer to get there. The framer being a quiet, older guy (40-42) just walked away. About 5 min. later he walked back into the house with a 4' long piece of 2x4 and proceeded to beat the chit out of him. Broken arm, jaw, ribs, etc.

I know this happened, because myself and my insurance company are in litigation with what's left of him.

Be careful, everyones got a temper........

20. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Impala - I respect you for taking your lumps in stride. Hopefully youve learned to chill the temper in the future.

As far as your openness on the forum... sharing Maia and your criminal history and such is cool. But please keep the klink-house salad tossing stories to your self bro!

Good luck inside!

21. ART360

ART360 Guest

That 42 year old flunked kindergarden: keep your hands to yourself. He should be in jail for a long, long time. Violence is never the answer.

96ImpalaSS, exactly what did you do, and did it involve violence where someone got hurt? You started this, but you haven't given us the facts. Since you started this, why not tell us exactly what you did.

What I'm not seeing in these responses is any personal remorse for what is apparently bad behavior. It would be even worse if someone was hurt.

I'd employ people with a criminal record, but it would depend upon many circumstances, i.e., what the crime was, how long ago, and the person's attitude. My generation didn't have the holier than thou attitude that we've got now, people do stuff, and sometimes they get caught. However, hurting other people, thieft for gain (shoplifting, muggings, etc) are a different story.

Art

Art

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    This recent disposition involves the totalled car wreck, I believe,... from which his moniker is derived.

The NEXT court apperance will be for the underage consumption charge.

Impala, buddy, PUT IT DOWN, man. Do a 12 step or something.

Miai, it appears, has some class to stick by you, and hat's off to her for showing up on the thread. Happy V day!

I hope you don't see the same judge again. They don't like recognizing defendants!!!! My .02.

23. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I am really astonished at your sentence. I am beginning to think there is more of a story involved (maybe resisting arrest?).

Chris man, underage drinking is basically the norm here in New Orleans (Louisiana was the last state. People rarely get busted for doing what you did, let alone face any jailtime after their initial arrest. Most people get a fine and then have their record expunged. Even people with battery charges.

I am confused...Someone correct me if I am way off base here (living in New Orleans may have skewed my percerption of how these cases are treated elsewhere), but is this normal?

I feel for you. Sounds like garbage to me.

24. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #49 BigTex, Feb 13, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  25. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The crash got me in trouble for excessive speed but thats it. The Insurance ended up giving me $16k for that car and I only paid $14k for it. No other foul play involving the car but Miai was afraid it would come up in my case or after it causing more problems for one reason or another. Poor Impala, I loved that car. So much time and money went into it to get it going that fast and I ended up almost killing myself in it.