Imola Pre-Race Thread | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Imola Pre-Race Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Oct 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

No I’m right u are wrong sorry. U confuse Buzz and personality. His results get him attention not his looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  5. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    This is the big news from Imola...Gasly's helmet...and Hamilton's pink track walk outfit? The sport has come to a total standstill.

armedferret and jpalmito like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's a free world of course, and you can write what you want, but what's the point?
    To be honest, I don't even know why you bother to psychanalyse the guy; he has obviously no mental problem hampering his success!
    Also, I don't think he would care if he came to read your comments.
    Hamilton is fabulous because the way he drives, not for the way he dresses or behaves.
    He delivers on the track, where it matters.

7. Natkingcolebasket69

U are drifting the convo- talking about his looks. Not at all about his performance that’s another thread- stay on course. The kid has 0 charisma

8. Natkingcolebasket69

9. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Liberty has no future.

10. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Totally fine if we disagree

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #87 Nembo1777, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Ok My Imola memories of 1999 and 2006.

In 1999 I was accompanying, helping American friends running in the Tour Auto and the Mille Miglia. In between both events we were based in Sirmione on lake Garda. I had arranged to have a media pass for the San Marino GP for Cavallino and was going to do an interview of one of the Scuderia team principals, Claudio Berro on logistics (cf Cavallino issue 112 August 1999 which has several of my favorite articles actually). I had my gf from LA with me, a big trip for her, we were staying 200kms from Imola so we went only on the Saturday, I had to leave her outside in the public area (passes were very hard to get and no question of one for non working companions, it is even more severe now) so bought her a grandstand ticket and some beverages left her to it, picked up my pass and went into the paddock. She was happy, then.

I spent some time trackside watching practice then in the paddock and the press room looking at the cars up close getting to visit the Ferrari pit. Then I spent some time at the Ferrari hospitality. They had three buses with awnings: one for media one for personnel one for VIP's. That Imola weekend because they had invited a lot of staff from the nearby factory their logistics were more extensive than ever so good timing for my article. A few things happened at the hospitality. While I spoke to the press lady Schumacher in a hurry passed quickly through the back of the awning to the next awning by sneaking through the flaps so as not to have to talk to anybody. She said: "Zat was not heem, zat was a hologram:). At a table a few feet away Irvine was talking with Ralf Schumacher visiting for an ice cream ( which was good, yes I got one) I wondered what they were talking about and stretched my ear...talking about the Mercedes SLK, the little road car.

Then when talking with someone else outside the VIP awning entrance the press lady gently but literally moved me aside. I was startled but she just said sorry, clearly two VIP's had arrived. They were very young though, in their twenties and they did not look at all like people you see at tracks, they looked like nattily dressed history students lost out of their comfort zone with Clark shoes and long collar shirts, nice jackets. Everybody stood to attention like for royalty. I was very intrigued but felt it would be wrong to ask a Ferrari staff who they were. Only ten days later when seeing photos of Gianni Agnelli arriving in Monaco harbor during GP weekend at the helm of a yacht tender with the same young men did I realize who they were: John and Lapo Elkann, the heirs of the Fiat Kingdom.

Montezemolo did an impromptu back and forth with the press in front of the hospitality and there was a huge crowd for that.

Then after qualifying (Hakkinen on pole, Coulthard second for a McLaren front row, Michael third, Eddie fourth) I sat on the second row of the top three press conference and was struck by how ice cold and tense the atmosphere was. You could cut the air with a knife. In my view this was Ron Dennis' doing. Anyone in F1 today would be shocked but he hated Ferrari and was obsessed with beating them, his very very dour personality pervaded McLaren.

I watched some of the other practices and the F3000 race (Heidfeld won), then I had to wait for Berro for the interview and he had given me a slot at...7PM. It was interesting and he was helpful. So by the time I walked out of the paddock to the public area all the way around where I had left my gf there was no track action anymore and just a few last people hanging around with lots of bottles and trash everywhere. I found her being annoyed by a drunk trying to chat her up. I got her out of that and we walked to the car...boy did I get a talking to...of course she had never been at a race and it had all been too much plus that late interview time was a hassle.

The next morning we had to change region and hotel heading for the Parma area but stopped at restaurant for lunch and to see the race and it was great to experience Italian passion as everyone cheered, raising their glasses when poor Mika crashed and Michael took the lead to win.

2006 in the next episode, I need a drink:)

Picchu88, SPEEDCORE, DF1 and 3 others like this.
  12. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #88 Dino2010, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2020
    Pink: color of babies, sissies, poussies (instead of ******* :D) and whiners. Louise ticks all the boxes.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  13. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    F1 will have a renaissance when that little twerp quits.

14. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah, a boring renaissance

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Have you noticed too, that some people interventions on this forum is not to discuss about F1.
    They don't talk about racing, the cars, the results, the teams, the drivers transfers, the change of ownership, the rules, track limits, the next formula, Liberty and the FIA, who is going to retire, etc ...
    No, all they think about is dissing Hamilton about the way he dresses; that's their main contribution to this forum.
    Do you think he is bothered?

ktu likes this.
  16. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    So, F1 is interesting because some moron is walking around in a '60s pink monkey suit, with the ugliest dog in the world, and his hair f*ucked up?
    The dog is definitely the least boring.

17. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    How many comments did the other drivers get?

william likes this.
  18. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    So, it's about the comments drivers get?

19. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    It says a lot about themselves.

william likes this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

And u and KTU spend ur life time defending Hamilton all day on a Ferrari forum. That’s ur choice and that’s fine.
    U guys own a Ferrari btw?

kes7u likes this.
  21. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Count the Hamilton threads, you will see the majority were not started by us.

22. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    And what has that to do with anything ?

This is a F1 forum, not a report for a fashion show, or a gossip column.

23. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t participate to them that much, i get u love the guy and it’s f1 section on a fchat forum. I still don’t understand it- it’s a tough place for that.

jpalmito likes this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

Answer the question, yes or no?

jpalmito likes this.