Important enuff for new thread. COTA coverage in the U.S. | FerrariChat

Important enuff for new thread. COTA coverage in the U.S.

Discussion in 'F1' started by lorenzobandini, Oct 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OH BOY suckas'...... COTA will be a trip for some I take it.

Friday, P1 & 2 on ESPNU; 11:55am - 1:30pm and 3:55pm - 5:30pm, respectively

Saturday, 3 & Q on ESPNN; 1:55pm - 3:00pm and 4:55pm - 6:00pm

Sunday.......get this.......the race, live 1:30pm - 4:00pm, over the air and cable (either for some I guess)........

..........on the mighty.......

.......MeTV !!!........Tra-daaahhh. Image Unavailable, Please Login

We know how much F1 rates, don't we. Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, that's not good....

I suggest ALL of you fly in and PM fpr my cell number..

We gotta dance while Rome burns......

Jakuzzi likes this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Recall I stole All OF Stevie onders beers..or maybe not

4. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Not understanding-so where will the Sunday race be telecast? What is MeTV?

Sent from my iPod touch using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. hookem

hookem Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Nigel Tufnel
    MeTV is one of several networks that broadcast OTA (over the air, meaning you can get them without cable) on a digital subchannel. In Austin, it is a subchannel of the Fox affiliate. So if you have a modern TV and antenna, you can watch it on channel 7.4 in Austin. This page lets you look up the channel by your zip code: https://www.metv.com/wheretowatch/zip/

On cable/dish/broadband, it's just another network, usually high up the the station numbers.

But to the point of the OP, it's pretty low to be relegated to a minor digital subchannel that usually shows 60-70s TV reruns. A step below ESPN2 and the like. Actually a little easier to get if you have cut the cord, but few people will know that.

6. 'Just checked my ol' favourite, TVRacer.com, and they have now added ABC to their guide (Didn't have F1 'til now). I have Comcast and it's guide shows MeTV; and the local ABC affiliate showing usual Sunday afternoon fare, paid programming.....infomercials....which does not surprise me as racing usually does take a back seat on it (ch 10) to the info0'mercials. Replays are scheduled as: Sunday, 8:00pm - 10:30pm, ESNN; and Monday, 1:00am - 3:30am, ESPN2.(see
    This per ('same as my original post) https://www.racingtvschedule.com/ (Hadn't used that in years, glad I did otherwise I wouldn't have given MeTV a thought and would have waited for the replays as TVRacer , so far, doesn't show MeTV. I'm gonna' get in touch with Tom there and let him know. 'Prolly will add. )

http://www.tvracer.com/

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  7. 250GTE

250GTE Karting

Mar 21, 2004
    According to "abc7ny.com/tvlistings" for the New York City tri-state area, 9:00AM to 2:00PM, ABC is covering the TCS NYC Marathon...then there is block of time from 2PM to 4PM where "program information is unavailable at this time"...then at 4PM another hour of the NYC marathon. If that 2 hour window is for the USGP...is that enough time?

8. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Just looked at the race for Sunday and it shows the race and then NY Marathon.

9. Theoretically, yes and no. :)
    'Rules call for race to be run race distance or two hours, whichecer comes first. That does not include certain circumstances where it actually could take longer even tho' the actual racing only took the distance or the two hour limit (red flag delay, fer instance, stopping the clock and, obviously, the miles 'til restart) Usually, they're under the 2 anyway so there's a good chance it's in for you.

My concern is I just noticed the MeTV showing is now deleted from the RacingTVSchedule site. I know that all my ABC affiliate is gonna show is infomercials, as usual (unless there's some kind of miracle), as scheduled. I've got my fingers crossed......otherwise it'll be replay at 8pm or 1 in the morning.....

My ABC affiliate only has 4:30 - 6:00 coverage of the marathon scheduled all day. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Unbelievable. :rolleyes:

10. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Tvracer has ABC carrying the race, just like Mexico last weekend.

11. #12 lorenzobandini, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    Thanks, but you missed it (post #7). 'Sspotted that Tuesday morning.....
    'Remains the same as of this moment which is bad news for me, as infomercials have bumped racing in this area before. I have my doubts about MeTV too as it's been deleted from https://www.racingtvschedule.com/ .....
    'Still on the Comcast guide though....... Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Until more than half the teams/ drivers are American , that’s how it will be here. America has no interest in what is popular in the rest of the world.
    I’m staying at a hotel where some of the drivers are actually staying. In the main restaurant. The TVs were split between basketball and football.
    In our rooms the sports channels also had college women’s volleyball, college men’s hockey, and more football. That’s just the way it goes here, I’m surprised the turnout so far has been as good as it has. The prices of the merch suggest things are doing ok.
    But like him or not, I suspect LH44 has been good for the sport here. He is essentially what Tiger woods was to golf, in generating interest in a sport that certain people did not feel part of before.

13. Day-amn..... It is on MeTV here (Pompano Beach, FL; Comcast.) Local ABC is doing their infomercial thing. Fing amazing.