Important people in your life. Who are or were they? | FerrariChat

Important people in your life. Who are or were they?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Mine was a lady named Evelyn. When I was ten years old, I hung out at a music store near my house. Evelyn was the manager of the music store and since she could not get rid of me, she let me hang around. It bacame an everyday thing after school and on the weekends. After a year of sweeping floors and answering phones, she realized that I wanted to be a salesman.

She started teaching me how to sell. She was the best! At about 13, I was selling yamaha piano's and organs (I had her pitch down stone-cold), stringed instruments and running the music school in the afternoons. I worked there for four years until I moved to Reno.

Evelyn was the greatest person in my life. She taught me how to sell at an early age with a lot of style. I owe so much of my present life to her.

How about you? Who was the most important person in your life?

2. triXXXter

triXXXter Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2003
    Ft. Worth TX
    Full Name:
    Steven G. Ogden
    My math teacher in 10th grade. I went through a very hard time in my life and he was always so level headed and straight forward. I would leave my art class to go play chess with him during his break periods about 3 times a week. He taught me how to play chess relatively well and we just chatted about whatever. He always gave it to me straight with no BS. I could trust him and I owe him greatly for the weeks of suicidal moments he pushed me out of.

By any chance you ever come across this,

Thank you Mr. Van Saders.

Steven G. Ogden

3. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    My wrestling coach in High School.

He gave me responsibility (made me captain), pushed me past where I thought was possible, and helped give me the confidence to get through pretty much anything.

There are plenty of others, but he really sticks out.