Impression of the Maserati mc20 after 5 months of use. | FerrariChat

Impression of the Maserati mc20 after 5 months of use.

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Tsachi458, May 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    I have a Ferrari 458 and a McLaren 600lt and after using and driving a Maserati for 5 months this is my opinion on the vehicle:
    1 excellent driving comfort
    2. Perfect driving position
    3. The vehicle is perfectly balanced
    4. In terms of engine I was lacking in sound at first but slowly I fell in love with the sound of The turbo and I find myself constantly driving with the windows open and listening to the special whistles and noises of the engine ,and today I do not feel I am missing sound 5. The engine is just a work of art !!! The engine's Response are just insane !! The car feels strong and the power is available immediatelyon its just super fast. I got to compete against Ferrari 488 and Audi r8 from Rolling and the Maserati was just faster
    6. As for the brakes not ordering the regular brakes they just do not fit the car and I switched brakes to cream
    7. Today I feel I am in love with this car !! One should drive as much as possible in the corsa mode because the vehicle in this mode is just completely different from the other modes, just need to be careful with the happy ass of the vehicle. Today I suddenly find myself enjoying driving this car more than the 458 and the McLaren and it's something I did not expect. Well done Maserati !!!
    View attachment 3328402 Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3328406 Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

P.Cappelle, tomc, Alcav5 and 12 others like this.
  2. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks for sharing very good to hear!:)

Alcav5 likes this.
  3. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    Yes, thank you for your taking the time to share this with us. Very interesting.

4. 71Satisfaction

71Satisfaction Formula 3

Jul 15, 2012
    New York and Norway
    Full Name:
    Art
    Thank you for coming here to share your thoughts, Tsachi, very interesting to know ...and encouraging for the Maserati brand!
    - Art

Roadney likes this.
  5. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Great write up.

I would definitely buy an MC20 over a 296.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71Satisfaction likes this.
  6. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What's interesting to me is just how much these cars look alike in terms of overall shape and headlamps.

71Satisfaction and Nembo1777 like this.
  7. Tsachi458

Tsachi458 Karting

Dec 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    Tsachi man
    I received the Maserati I placed an order for the 296 and now after 5 months of driving the Maserati and after seeing and driving the 296 I am not willing to give up the Maserati for the 296.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #9 Nembo1777, May 12, 2022
    Last edited: May 12, 2022
    Decades ago I dreamed of seeing the Chubasco in production and this is very loosely its design descendant so very satisfying to see:)...and yest it is a lot more attractive than the Chubasco.

71Satisfaction likes this.
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    The Smiley face cartoon front end treatment Ferrari has gotten fond of I hope will go away soon. It's mainly on the mid engine cars now, so no excuse Ferrari. I saw a 296 when it came thru Chicago about a month ago and it has a nice side profile but that front is a weak design. With the Roma and SP1/2's they went with the longer noses so they could be lower due to the stupid Euro headlight and front engine safety impact rules. I think the MC20 beats the front and rear designs but the 296 has a better side profile. The 296 will also go win races that people care about in GT3. The idiot that picked the electric series for Maserati and Alfa in 2023-24 should be fired.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    I am stoked, mine is due by July.

Thanks for the clear write up.

71Satisfaction and Nembo1777 like this.
  11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There is supposed to be an MC20 GT racing version coming -not electric- but since Tavares wisely delayed the MC20 production until perfect reliability was assured that got delayed too.

F1tommy likes this.
  12. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Actually it was a smart move, if they’re successful they can market the hell out of it especially if things don’t change on the global EV push. If it’s a failure nobody notices since nobody watches or cares about Formula E. Another positive is it gives them a few years experience racing in an open wheel series to structure a team if they decide to join F1 in 2026 with the next engine formula.

13. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well your right about one thing, nobody notices since nobody watches or cares. Maybe for training but I doubt if it will be of much use. Most current Maserati owners will not care and most of the future EV Maserati owners don't watch racing. No win situation and a big waste of money. So how is that smart.

14. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Gosh an even bigger curmudgeon than I am at times! I don't even like this car's design. My heart belongs to the Alfieri but even so you have to admire the loads of of positive reviews coming from people who probably thought Maserati was a dead marque 30 years ago. A bit of a stumble on the launch but I guess they now know what the current buyer likes and have executed that well.

15. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    If the Chubasco had made it to reality, he would be an icon like the Countach. Another missed chance by Signor DeTomaso...

Nembo1777 likes this.
  16. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    Yes, but while Ferrari launched the 296 some months ago - the GTS-version of the 296 was officially shown here in Germany 2 days ago.

Maserati not even posted anything about their MC20 GTS, other than a camouflage-car...

Marketing-wise, Maserati is "a little" behind....

17. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Well I just spoke with a friend who had interviewed Carlos Tavares (for those who do not know he is the President of Stellantis the automotive manufacturer conglomerate including Peugeot Citroen Fiat, Alfa, Opel Maserati and others) and he stated that there were no plans for a racing version...so that fell out the window at some point but they can't afford such a program right now as they consolidate the model range.

18. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    the car will be shown in 12 days on the 25th. Probably coinciding with Maserati’s presence at Motor Valley Fest in Modena.

19. FerrariFinally

FerrariFinally Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2018
    Roseville, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Great writeup and glad to hear Maserati is creating cars with a bit more soul and driving pleasure in mind again!

wbaeumer likes this.
  20. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    :( I was waiting for an mc20 strad

21. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    There will no doubt be a faster version.