IMSA Long Beach Today | FerrariChat

IMSA Long Beach Today

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Eric R, Apr 9, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Here is a shout out to The Heart of Racing Team from Seattle. Congrats on the win today! Don Kitch Jr. was one of the founders and my instructor at Proformance Racing School. He is admittedly a 911 guy and I a Z06 which I used during the school. It was cold and I wore my Dale Earnhardt jacket to class and he proceed to tell everyone about his one and only meeting with Sr at the 2001 Rolex 24hr. Said he was at the dinner event for all the sponsors, drivers, etc and left something the garage. As he went to retrieve it he said Sr was approaching from the other direction and when they got close he splashed his water bottle on Don's crotch. They were all in suits mind you. He said he just stood there in disbelief and Sr turned around and lowered those glasses and and gave him a smile. I can see having to explain to everyone why your suit is wet but wow the memory. The fact that Sr left us shortly afterewards made his telling of the story to everyone but directed to me was very touching since it was 2004 and still fresh to me. Then class started and he busted my ass all day afterwards. Tell that guy in the blue vette to quit spinning his tires on my track would come over the radio. I had another instructor tell me to tell him he is envious because his little 911 can't do it which I did when I got back to the pits. Don you're a class act and I hope you have continued success.

356racing and jcurry like this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Nice for Ganassi's DPi cars to finish 1-2 in front of the boss. Disappointed to see no Ferraris in the race; I expected to see at least one in GTD at every race this season.

3. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The drive by Bourdais to get back into contention after his mistake at the hairpin was amazing. Renger ain't bad either.