F8 - In line for F8 spider | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 In line for F8 spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SeattleStew, Mar 20, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Why wrap it ?

If damaged replace with a new piece. You looked at the prices for the black parts . Cheapest Ferrari parts available.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Not only that. The way the F8 is built, means that a lof of these parts are not very exposed.
    Forget the wrap and spend the money on ordering the plastic with paint.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  3. FLU

FLU Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    Flu
    I was just curious if wrapping the black plastic is now possible as I've heard that it is not. Reason for wrapping it is to achieve a specific design - a certain look without going through TM. If the plastic is now wrap friendly, then I would not have had to specify my F8S in full carbon exterior just to have the choice down the road to wrap those parts a different color or do pin striping on it for example.

4. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Or , buy a black car where it’s not so noticeable. I did. :)

Divexxtreme and Chizz like this.
  5. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Signed the order forms yesterday. Dealer is estimating a February arrival. Didn’t really change the spec at all. Just added the F8 spider floor mats.

6. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    In a little more than a week my F8 spider will finally be arriving. It finished production a couple days ago, and it has a flight scheduled to LAX next week. Sadly no direct flight to Seattle for it, but I'll take skipping the boat either way. Looking forward to seeing the car in person finally!

Cigarzman, FLU, iMrMark and 4 others like this.
  7. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Wow only 15 months that’s fantastic!! Does skipping the boat make that difference? Congrats. Can’t wait to see all the photos. Said another way… you better post photos :) cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Us west coast folks have been getting really hosed by the boat lately. They take awhile to get from Italy to New Jersey by boat, but then getting a truck to bring one car across the country isn’t going to happen. They’ll wait until they’ve got a full trailer of cars to bring across the country to Seattle/Portland. This could take awhile if your car is ‘first’. A friend of mine recently had their ferrari sit in port for around 2 months waiting for a truck.

I flew my 812 across in 2020 because it was silly cheap to do (~$13k), and that probably knocked off around 10 weeks gauged by another persons car who finished around the same time as mine. I was able to enjoy it through the summer months, which does make a difference with the frequency of rainy days here.

On top of time saved, it’s less people handling the car, and less potential for damage. More peace of mind for the journey to my garage basically.

As for pictures, I’ll be getting many as soon as I can!

blkdiablo33 and iMrMark like this.
  9. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    $13k is silly cheap? I’m playing in the wrong playground.

10. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    When the MSRP of the car is $450k, what’s an extra 3%? Compared to the eyeball watering $31.3k I just paid to fly the F8S, the $13k is a steal LOL.

11. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    yeah I agree I guess it’s relative since it knocks off a considerable amount of time. If the car didn’t have equity on day 1 of delivery and we weren’t in the times are in now I’d also pay the $13k. But with markets down 1/3 and inflation concerns / recession fears etc I’d have to think really long and hard about spending $31k currently

iMrMark and Chizz like this.
  12. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    I’m with Stew here. Get it home and enjoy it for the summer. That’s one extra summer of joy! Great value in the big scheme of things!

blkdiablo33 and SeattleStew like this.
  13. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    What a discussion during these times. To be able to say $13k is silly cheap and drive our $400k cars around when gas is $5 a gallon and I’m sure most of us aren’t pulling these cars up to a double wide with an outdoor carport. Gentlemen we are blessed beyond measure. I will be donating a little more to the less fortunate this weekend.

PJ72, RoadRonin, RossoCorsa22 and 8 others like this.
  14. harrish1985

harrish1985 Formula Junior

Jun 17, 2016
    Miami, FL
    Yeah I agree with you! I think a lot of also has to do with the fact that many of us have waited 18 - 20 months so the economic changes, which weigh heavy for sure, are muted largely by the emotions. As soon as my car went 10G, knowing that the car was worth nearly 40-50% more than sticker I went ahead and added nearly $70k in carbon options. It's also the last of the mid-engine V8s.

Then not even 30 - 40 days after delivery spent nearly another $20k between springs, spacers, exhaust, PPF, ceramic, etc. Looking at my portfolio is a like a gut punch almost every day but I forget about that when I red-line and row through the gears. Alas, for some, the extra $13k to share my aforementioned feeling is worth the extra expenditure.

ScottS and Chizz like this.
  15. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Art138, Dijit, blkdiablo33 and 5 others like this.
  16. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Beautiful Stew. What color white is that? I saw FOS had s used spider in a white Id never heard of. My 488 Spider was B. Fuji.

17. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Bianco Cervino, same color as the white F8S they have there in the show room.

ryalex and ScottS like this.
  18. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Cool. Is that a triple layer/up charge? I had an Avus GTB before my Fuji spider and I thought it was a little yellow hue to it. I didn’t love the Avus. This looks more pearl and blueish tint but different that italia which is a popular bluish hue Triple layer

19. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    It is an up charge, but it isn’t a triple layer. It’s just a pure white gloss paint, which is what we were looking for. The Avus with the yellow tint to it isn’t my style

MB224 and ryalex like this.
  20. iMrMark

iMrMark Karting

May 24, 2021
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It is so, so white. I remember seeing it in person for the first time, good lord. I thought I would spec it on the spot. If you like the super clean white look, it’s definitely that. Congrats sir.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MB224 and SeattleStew like this.
  21. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Yeah I have to say I was bit disappointed in Avus too. This sounds perfect

SeattleStew likes this.
  22. Beez

Beez Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 22, 2016
    ^ the Bianco Cervino is so perfect! Wish that was the white 458s came in

ScottS and SeattleStew like this.
  23. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Tomorrow might be the day I get to see the car FINALLY. I flew the car from Italy to LAX, which hindsight I should have asked what the time/cost difference would be if I flew it directly to Seattle. It landed at LAX I believe Wednesday the 15th, but it then sat waiting for a truck until Tuesday the 21st. Compared to waiting for a boat, that is little time. But factoring in that I paid $31k for what I believed would be closer to 2 day air shipping, it's frustrating. When I flew my 812 direct to Seattle, it was in Milan one day, and the next day it was at my dealer. Things to consider for next time.

My service advisor let me know they are in contact with the driver now though, and they are hoping it arrives tomorrow before close. But to add to the saga, federal driving limits may keep the driver from arriving tomorrow just barely. With how this has gone, I'm anticipating it'll be a Monday drop off. I now hold out hope that the driver either makes it, or breaks the rules!

24. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Stu I can't wait to see your car. Ill be at the 296 driving event Tuesday. I assume you'll have it by then but I assume they will still need to prep it/detail etc so maybe it will be in the showroom. Love to see the white color. Was there no flight to Seattle? for 31K I agree it should have been door to door from Italy. Usually you can get the car up from LA enclosed in 48 hours. I just had a new Taycan turbo S shipped up from Beverly Hills in that time 2 months ago...

25. SeattleStew

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    The way it’s shaping up, I think delivery will be Tuesday. Conveniently enough, I’ll be at the 296 event as well, so maybe it’ll be a combo event for me. My wife says if the car is delivered Tuesday we are driving the F8 instead of the 296 lol. So depending on when you’re driving it, it could still be there in the showroom.

As for the flight, it was my understanding there was already a flight booked to LA and my car was able to get on that flight. It was only a few days from when it finished production to when it was on a flight. When I flew the 812 it was about 2 weeks after. My thought process was that it’ll work out to be a wash time wise, which it probably was. My patience though for waiting for a truck turns out to be worse than waiting for it to fly :rolleyes:.