In your neck of the woods | Page 3 | FerrariChat

In your neck of the woods

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by bobafett, Jun 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Heres an update people........

So far we have 22 people confirmed for lunch at Newcastle at 12:30pm on sunday, july 11th. A total of 14 Ferraris and a SL55 will be present.

See you all sunday!

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    [size=+2]COOL![/size]

4. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    KUZI, what's an SL55 ?

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Hey, Bob!

SL55 is one of those souped-up Benz.

There might be a GT3 in the group too.

6. D-348

D-348 Karting

May 6, 2004
    Full Name:
    Dave Cochran
    It's a Mercedes - the AMG version of the SL500. A two seater with a trick retractable hardtop and a lot of spunk. Pretty heavy, though, but a nice ride. I believe they come with about 493 hp and run about $120k.

7. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Thanks, guys. I'm not up on all the autos like you all and DJ. I don't care what they're called, I just like em'. I have seen this car ...as a matter of fact there was one at the races, black.
    By the way, I was able to chat with Phil Hill as he signed my program and I have finally solved my question from 50 years ago regarding the Seafair Trophy Race in which Hill drove . I told him that I saw him race at Bremerton Airport in 1957 and......" No you didn't, That was 1955 ." Then I said that he drove a 4.9 Ferrari....." Nope, I drove a 3 liter Monza. Caroll Shelby drove the 4.9 and he beat me BUT I could take him in the turns but he beat me in the straight." What a kick talking to him !

8. atomic80

atomic80 Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Where it always rain
    Full Name:
    Jason T
    Dan,...really wish I could be around to meet up with you but I'll be in Portland for the historics! You will have fun with the F-boys up here...they're a cool bunch even though I haven't met too many of them!

9. TimF40

TimF40 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Seattle/Bay Area/NYC
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Geez, I find it absolutely amazing that you and Phil could actually remember details and dates like that around when I was born. I have trouble just remembering birthdays... ;-} -Tim

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Guys,

i was supopsed to fly into SEA in about 30 minutes, but found out literally this morning that the party I was coming to see has decided to come down here for the weekend. Unfortunately, that means I have to be down here as well. Business before pleasure.

What really irks me is that you guys have gone out of your way to put together a fantastic drive and get together.

All I can say is my condolences, and I hope the gathering is as festive as always. Take some pictures, and leave spaces for me to photochop myself in! :D

--Dan

11. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Well gang...........we're still ON for sunday at 12:30pm....Newcastle!

See you all there

12. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    Tim, I got a big head, little brain and there is a lot of empty space in which to store things like races and dates that nobody cares about but me. Really, those days were absolutely marvelous with the hydros tearing up the lake and sports car races every year. This part of the country wasn't used to things like that then but it caught on quick and ate it up. They had races at Paine Field several years and I saw Lou ***eol race a twin engine Porche, one in the back and one in the front. Didn't too well, tho. Then there were some good races on the Shelton airport, too. This is when Pete Lovely was getting started and I worked with an engineer named Jerry Barker who got together with Pete and designed the installation of a Porche in a Cooper chassis and they called it the Pooper....what else.

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    See you there!

14. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Bob,

Wasn't the "pooper" at the Historics? Did you see it?

15. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H

The show must go on!

We'll take a few nice pictures for Bobafett.

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    It was there and racing as usual.

17. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks

Yep, I saw it. I think it has been at every Historics since they started. Jerry Barker was an engineer on the Boeing gas turbine project in the early 50's when I was an experimental mechanic on it also. I remember seeing Len Williams , one of the engineers on the project ,driving his Ford roadster with the 502 gas turbine in it when he worked at Renton. That's the one that was on display from the Le May museum. A lot of years and a lot history.
    I also knew Pete Lovely when he was starting up his first Volkswagen business in 1954 up on Pike St. I believe.
    I better shut up before I start telling stories.

18. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo