Inconel Header Wrap - Any Experiences? | FerrariChat

Inconel Header Wrap - Any Experiences?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Gianni360, Sep 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gianni360

Gianni360 Karting

Jan 1, 2019
    OrlAndo, FL
    Full Name:
    Jon V
    Hi Guys, I've bought some Top Speed Headers for my 360 Spider and I was intending to us the T1 tape wrap before installing. But I'm also considering sending them to a company called TurboSource who will form and weld inconel wraps around them. It is pretty expensive but from what I can gather it will greatly contain heat within the manifolds and greatly reduce engine bay temps. I also bought some High Flow Cats - should they get wrapped also? Currently these will mate with my Tubi exhaust, and depending how that sounds I may or may not want to install the Challange Stradale exhaust that I bought. I'm wondering if anyone has experience or input? Thanks!

2. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Form Fitted Inconel Wrap is the very Best if you can afford them, the process can cost as much as the Headers themselves.

3. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    i went with blankets. i just had TS headers put on - it was a struggle. curious to hear if yours bolt right up?

what cats did u go with? We went with TS 200 cel and those went on fine.

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Yes I don’t think having them done in inconclusively will be inexpensive.

I would buy Tubi’s before investing any money into doing that to top speed headers

5. JCR

JCR F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    H-Town, Tejas