Inde Motorsports Private Track Day - April 7th - Wilcox, AZ | FerrariChat

Inde Motorsports Private Track Day - April 7th - Wilcox, AZ

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by JefeAZ, Mar 1, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Decided to register on here after meeting a handful of you guys at the La Encontada Cars & Coffee Meets. Info will be passed out at the March 10 C&C, so long as there are still spots open

This is a Private Track Rental Day for DesertStreetCars and their Guests so I wanted to extend the invite to you guys. We used to go out there every month or two but now that they have received the notoriety they deserve, open weekends are much harder to come by. We only get invited out 3-4 times a year now.

Spots will fill fast, this has only been posted on a few sites. Post up ASAP if you want to attend and what car will be racing.

http://www.indemotorsports.com

When: April 7th, 2012 - 8am Start
    Where: 9301 West Airport Road Willcox AZ 85643
    Cost: $150 per racer(Spectators allowed for a small entrance fee)

Closest gas station(91 octane) is 7 miles from the track and we will stop their to refuel.

Any and all cars welcome as long as you are safe, have good brakes/tires, and seatbelts. Usually around 30 cars show up but I will post the list as it builds. Groups of 8 per race so there will be plenty of track time. This is not a sponsored event. Lunch will be provided to those who toss $5 in the pot. We will race until dark or until brakes/tires are used up

Road & Track just filmed this there:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FygVmlmhrO4[/ame]

All sorts of videos on youtube if you want to see more of the track/facility.

Photos from past events:

http://www.indemotorsports.com/site/section_media.php

Any questions dont hesitate to ask!

2. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    Any estimate on how much?

3. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I think its usually $10. They dont want more spectators than racers though

4. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #4 JefeAZ, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    Questions can be posted here or emailed to Hunter who is coordinating the event with the track owner:

gtaburnout at yahoo.com

5. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    25 cars already on the list, 7 spots left to fill.

6. LukeF

LukeF Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2009
    PHX, AZ
    Full Name:
    Luke Frampton
    List of cars?

7. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    All I have are names. I heard there is an F40 owner in Tucson but I cant seem to get his contact info. Sounds like a couple Lotus', Z06s, GT500, Evo's, GTR, 911 turbo, a couple FFR Cobras

There may be one or two guys coming from Phx if you want to meet up and head down with them. I posted this same info on www.HighPerformanceStangs.com

8. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    32 cars on the list already with more wanting to go. Too bad no one jumped on this

Z06s, Lotus, GTR, 911 Turbo, 6 FFR Cobras, '12 GT500, 70s Formula Ford open wheel car and many more. I'll be sure to post pics and vids from the event

9. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    its the dirt/gravel road and needing to trailer that makes it a bunch of work for me anyways. Would love to do it, but don't want to hassle with that...

10. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Road is chip sealed now. A GT3 and Ford GT drove in and out last time without taped bumpers. With some room between you and the car in front there shouldnt be any rocks flying

11. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert

I would have gone for sure with the F355 but we always make our first trip to the lake over Easter weekend.

Next time.

Rob

12. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    C'mon, that can't stop you! If it rains though, it'll melt! :eek:;)

13. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Dissolve. ;)

14. Kyoso_Joey

Kyoso_Joey Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    Scottsdale
    Full Name:
    Joey
    $150 for Indie is a deal especially when you're not affiliated with any organization like NASA or PRO Auto.

Id love to do this track again but the last time I did it , it felt like the track was killing my car. I had no brakes by the end of my 3rd 20 minute session. Luckily the paddock there was big enough for me to slow down with no brakes.

Those elevation changes and blind apex's are pretty awesome.

15. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Exactly! Considering they were asking $55k/year for membership

The track is tough, thats the best part about this though. Half the cars that go usually dont make it through all 4 sessions. Much more track time for the capable cars

Paypal acct is open and accepting pre-payments. Send an email to GTABurnout at yahoo.com and make sure there is room before you send payment. I think only 10 have paid but there at least 35 wanting to go. If you pre-pay and cant make it he will refund the money back to you

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    You are using the term 'racers'. Is this an open track day for street cars, or race cars?

Is it a DE type event? What's the story?

Thanks

17. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have heard that they paved the road.

18. Rob'Z

Rob'Z Formula 3

Mar 29, 2008
    Tucson,AZ
    Full Name:
    Robert
    DE, laid back atmosphere and plenty of track time. I've been to a couple of these and have no complaints.

Rob

19. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Both. If you can get it out there and get it home, youre welcome to come out. Not a sponsored event or anything like that. The car list is primarily modified street cars but there will be FFR Cobras and an open wheel formula car in the mix. First few laps will determine what cars should be grouped together.

A group of my buddies here in Tucson are fortunate enough to know the owners of the track and they invite us out when they have open weekends. Plus they know we can get a group of cars together quickly without them having to do anything but open the track for us

Here's a thread from the last event:
    http://forums.corvetteforum.com/southwest/2839568-inde-motorsports-ranch-track-day-july-30th.html#post1577781856

Weve done this track day probably 7 or more times now and always get 30+ cars to show

Video from one these:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_abvWTW5Ns[/ame]

Its also a great time to get pics/vids of your car on a track. Plenty of cameras will be floating around all day

Feel free to come out just to check it out. Although you will regret not racing and will want to do it next time(may not happen until after September)

20. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    Hi guys. I am a member of Inde. You wont find a more interesting track anywhere. And for shameless self promotiom memberships are reasonable for the cost of track time elsewhere (ok ban me ). Anyway, if you need anything PM me. As for getting in as a spectator, I can find out but it is usually up to the sponsoring group. Bill

21. bill59

bill59 Karting

Oct 26, 2010
    bean town
    Full Name:
    bill h
    It does not take anywhere near $55k to join.

22. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    32 cars on the list and a few on the waiting list in case anyone backs out. Spectators will be $10 but let me know if you're coming as they do not want random cars showing up throughout the day. We are meeting near I10 to cruise out to the track. Probably around 7-715am

23. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    List:

C6 Z06
    Evo 9
    Z06
    STi
    C5 Vette
    Sti
    Exige
    GT500
    RSX
    Mustang
    M3 / Mustang
    MR2
    Porsche
    S2000
    RSX
    Cobra Kit
    Porsche
    Camaro
    E36 M3
    STI
    NSX
    New Mustang
    Cobra Kit
    EvoX
    Camaro
    350Z
    335i
    EvoX
    CTSV
    Cobra Kit

24. JefeAZ

JefeAZ Karting

Mar 1, 2012
    Tucson, AZ
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  25. Fritz Ficke

Fritz Ficke Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2006
    Tucson, AZ.
    Full Name:
    Fritz Ficke
    Great photo's and a great track day. Ran well and a nice group of people.