Independent Service in Dubai . . . | FerrariChat

Independent Service in Dubai . . .

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by 3omar, Oct 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    I know this question has been asked and answered before. But these things change, people jump ship, good mechanics come and go, so I thought I'd ask it again:

I live in Dubai and I just bought a 2009 612, almost perfect, always serviced at the dealer. I was wondering if you guys can recommend an independent shop in Dubai for service, clutch replacement, etc.? I'm looking for passionate, professional people who care about the cars and the owners. Not necessarily the cheapest...

Any help would be appreciated. And to everyone who lives in Dubai, looking forward to the next get-together!

2. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    hey Omar, i brought my 612 baby a June about 2 month back, and it looks like absolutely brand new even it is 2006,but i had problem in the shifiting, so i take the car to ARmotors
    ARMotors - Porsche Dubai, Ferrari Dubai, Maserati Dubai THEY did the car all was ok till yesterday i had clutch sensor problem.any way i think the are the good as my car now there iam changing all these items

2 PCS 187744 timing control belt
    2 PCS 171057 pulley
    1 PCS 194775 complete clutch
    1 PCS 177205 THRUST BEARING
    1 PCS 244801 COMPLETE SENSOR KIT
    1 PCS 181838 seal ring
    1 PCS 170416 ring
    1 PCS 181828 seal ring
    1 PCS 154507 ring
    1 PCS 181837 scraper ring
    1 PCS 181836 scraper ring
    1 PCS 66855200 anti - pollen filter
    2 PCS 180935 air filter
    2 PCS 206166 oil filter cartridge

3. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    it is expensive forgot to say.

4. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    hey what about meeting all in Dubai somewhere for a coffee :) i will be back from Europe on 16th of October .

5. 3omar

3omar Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2003
    United States
    Full Name:
    Omar
    Sounds great... Let's do that.

6. vaderinc

vaderinc Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2010
    Dubai, UAE
    Full Name:
    Mario
    If you guys arrange a meet up count me in as well :)

7. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Count me in too... back in DXB after the summer.
    Drove to work this morning with the roof off, winter's nearly here!

As far as workshops go, I've not had the best of luck with ARM so for the last set of work (Rear main oil seal replacement) I had my normal workshop (Saluki Autosport) in Al Quoz do the job.

They're British owned and I've used them without any problems in the last 4 years on all my other vehicles.

8. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013

My 612 at ARM now changing many things and hope this time they do a good job ,if not i will never go there again as it is really expansive.

never heard of Saluki Autosport do they work with Ferrari!!!

thanks

9. derekmines

derekmines Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2013
    Melksham, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek
    Saluki have worked on my Ferrari with no issues at all, I know it's not the first they've seen.
    They have a decent place in Al Quoz with a seperate fabrication shop down the road (they build a lot of the vehicles that compete in the desert challenge and other rallies here)
    The owner is a Brit, lead technician from South Africa I believe and I've been using them and trusting them for years.

Obviously they're not as posh as Al Tayer nor as full of exotics as ARM but honestly, as long as the work is done properly I can live without a cup of tea and a pretty receptionist!

10. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013

Will make a visit to them in case i have any problem and thanks for sharing.

11. Amore

Amore Karting

Jul 25, 2013
    this Middle east section is not active . I was wondering why we don't meet up at any cafe
    shop In Jumairah or some other place will big big show :). if anyone interested let us know.