Indy light switch and back axle | FerrariChat

Indy light switch and back axle

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by OFFtrack, Mar 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OFFtrack

OFFtrack Karting

Jan 4, 2013
    Berlin
    Full Name:
    Dirk R.
    Hey,

Have 2 questions:
    A few months ago the light switch in my Indy fell into pieces. Had to replace it with a temporary modern version from a Mercedes or so to get it working until i get the replacement from MIE. Unfortunately i wasnt able to take pictures of the cables and what was the right position so when i try to reconnect i only get to switch on the parkingblight but the lights wont come up. Does anyone have a pic or a plan of the correct combination? Thanks.
    When i reconnect the MB substitute everything works fine

Also, the salisbury rear axle is making a mid frequency noise between 100-120kmh
    Probably difficult to tell without a detailed explanation but is it common, that the differential is a bit on the noisy side or should i have it checked/overhauled?

Thanks a lot
    Dirk

2. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    NOISE allowed in Italian cars. really, the axle should b the same sound through the range. you need to do whatever you are going to do before you drive another foot. as to stalks. Indy's. have and early and late. more bend on early units. I have a new late one used on single pod models. $1,200 usd

3. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge
    May I ask what is meant by "single pod"?
    Are the ones pictured here under of the single pod later model?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. thecarnut

thecarnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 22, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    The Car Nut
    He was referring to the interior layout of the dash. The early cars had a "dual pod" layout, like the photo below. I do not know the differences in switches on an Indy.

Ivan

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Froggie

Froggie Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Serge