Info/leads on work in exotic cars in GCC | FerrariChat

Info/leads on work in exotic cars in GCC

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by f308jack, Aug 28, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Gentlemen,

I am a Dutc Ferrari-owner, living in South Africa, Autommotive Engineer by trade but with managerial/executive experience in a variety of fields up to very high levels.

My wife and I are looking to re-locate to the GCC area, with a preference fot the UAE (I have owned my own business in Dubai in the eighties)

It would be ideal if my next work environment is in the world of exotics, but it is difficult to source any possibilities via the regular career-sites.

Preference would be with a larger shop or a company doing modifications on exotics (for my creative talents), or possibly managing someone's private fleet.

Any information on where to look or direct leads most are most welcome.

Best,

Jack Verschuur.

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Jack,

Sounds like you need to make a trip to Dubai.

Having worked here before, I'm sure you know that everything is relationship based. If you could travel to the UAE and start developing the contacts you need, then you may be successful. Trying to do so long distance would be, at best counterproductive.

Lots of guys want the custom mods on lots of different cars, but you have to know the owner of the shop, and he has to know you, for you to have a chance at working.

Don't forget, it's Ramadan until the end of the month.

Just my two cents.

Mike in Kuwait

3. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to write some advice, and yes, it may be necessary to make a trip and see some people.

In preparation of such a trip, I'd like to have some contacts though, but so far haven't been anle to find any websites of shops who undertake this kind of work. Maybe there are few, and it is time to set something up? Maybe I should rather look for a suitable local partner.

In the meantime the plans are taking shape in a more serious way, in that I have even put my beloved Ferrari on the market. There'll be another one, I'm sure that shopping for a car will be relatively easy.

Thanks again,

Jack.

4. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Jack,

Feel free to PM me and we can correspond by email. I can assist with the contacts.

Mike in Kuwait

5. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    Mike,

PM sent.

Thanks,

Jack.