Insurance Providers? | FerrariChat

Insurance Providers?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by FFan5, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    As we Texans have our own market, anyone really happy with their provider?

I use Amica, and while rates creep up every year, I've not found anyone who can beat it, especially since they cover houses, cars, life, umbrella, jewlrey, etc.

I called Geico and Hagerty today and both of them quote 2-3x more than Amica. I don't want to waste hours on the phone to save a few bucks, but I might chase another lead or two if anyone is seeing sub $2k for their Ferrari.

TR007 likes this.
  2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Do you bundle your insurance - auto, home, umbrella, etc.? If not, you may be able to save. We recently went through this exercise. In the end, we went with Safeco. Amica was a bit higher. When I told the State Farm agent we had a Ferrari, there was a long pause on the phone. We didn't look @ Geico or Hagerty, the former mainly because we used to insure with them, and well let's just say, the old adage "Familiarity breeds contempt" rang true in that case. For a couple of years - after our independent agent left the game to attend to family matters - we went with Met Life. They were good on claims, but their premiums kept going up and up. Fortunately, our former independent agent, is now back in the game. We hooked up with her again, and she did the leg work for us. If you can find a good independent agent, worth their weight in gold IMO. We'll see how things go w/ Safeco, it's only been a month, and no claims! :) By the way, if you are bundling, you may need to look closely @ your home insurance policy - I was told major changes in how hail damage is figured, which, of course, is a big deal for us in the Great State. Good luck...T

randkin likes this.
  3. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
  4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    FFan5, you are correct Texas is its own market not like any other state. So only recs from fellow Texans are the only ones which are germane but ask an independent agent if either AIG Private Client Group or Chubb make a market in Texas. If so they may be worth considering?

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I used Marsh/AIG Private Client back in the day and still do. But I'm getting ready to drop them. They provide great service and pay like a slot machine, but they are expensive.

But, if anybody wants a contact number, send me a PM.

6. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Are any of your guy’s suggested insurance providers giving you agreed value policies?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Yes to AIG