355 - Intake resonator delete $7 billet cap silicon hoses $60 | FerrariChat

355 Intake resonator delete $7 billet cap silicon hoses $60

Discussion in '348/355' started by ruey220, Sep 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    For those who haven't done the intake resonator delete and isnt willing to spend $500 for the remaining kits out there since ricambi no longer sells the standalone cap, I found a cheaper solution.

There is a 29mm billet cap you just need to dremel the lip off the edge to fit it perfectly snug into the hole and cap as shown.

http://www.turbosmartdirect.com/Product-Categories/Type-5-BOVs-BPVs-Spares-Accessories/BOV-29mm-Hose-Blanking-Plug.html#

I also got 2 silicone hoses with marine grade clamps for $60. These can be found anywhere just get the proper measurement. The y pipe doesnt need to be replaced since it already is smooth inside.

Cheap diy much less than the kits available on the market.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login View attachment 3777143

Attached Files:

Charlie Hawkins likes this.
  2. Charlie Hawkins

Feb 1, 2019
    Laguna Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Charlie Hawkins
    Thank you for this information.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    Is this cap something some of you guys are looking for? My car came with it on, but I put my car back to stock as soon as it was delivered. So I have this cap, and I'm pretty sure the o-ring and clamp also somewhere in my spare parts box. What I have is anodized black iir, looks like the "Goth" one everyone here talks about. I'll look for it and post a photo.

4. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    You didnt it like it with the cap?

5. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
  6. ruey220

ruey220 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

May 24, 2019
    Sf bay area
    Full Name:
    RM
    Yes, did you notice any difference after removing it?

7. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I recall the sound being "sharper" and more aggressive, but it's not that I liked or disliked it, I have a thing about keeping the car "factory" as intended.

At the time I bought the car, the motor mounts needing replacing so some of the sound diff I recall could have been attributed to that.