Integra Type R | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Integra Type R

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    So glad this popped up on here, and unmolested at that! I have had my share of a couple ITR's over the years. Had to hang up the towel once they all started getting stolen from my house. After my third Honda stolen, I was done. Now that I have a garage now.....

*jumps over to craigslist/eBay*

2. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

I guess when I eventually move this car along, I'll have to highlight its "never stolen" condition! Ha!

3. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Yes, AFTER telling me it's for sale first! :)

4. Prugna

Prugna Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Unites States
    I have known several people to be followed home in Type R's, and one friend just up and sold both of his because "it wasn't worth the stress".

5. 483hp

483hp Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 17, 2005
    www.fca.alberta.com
    Wow. Brings back some memories!

6. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    Nice sample, Sterling. The black ITR, which sold earlier this week on BaT, is headed to Seattle. I wonder how many are left that is original and with clean titles.

7. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    The Type R is an incredibly cool car with a benchmark engine for Honda. Back in 2000 I was living in England and working at a racing school that had about a dozen of these so I literally have THOUSANDS of laps driving Type R's ragged with lots of adventure stories attached to them. Most memorable was being challenged to take a very high speed chicane flat out with an entry speed well north of 100 MPH. Normally there is a slight dab on the brakes to settle the front end and shed some speed but this time I hauled in foot buried to the floor and only lifted after the second rotation when I was already well into the field :) Fun times.

8. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    The Type R is the epitome of Japanese sports sedans. Its sort of their E30 M3. I prefer it to the NSX. Honda hasn't made anything like it since and never will. I would love to have one, except my garage is full. :(

Gordon

9. DeuceRooster

DeuceRooster Karting

Jun 11, 2005
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Congratulations on an awesome acquisition. I remember going for a ride in a brand new 96 GS-R and it was very impressive at the time.

10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Very insightful, I agree it is perhaps the next E30 M3.

11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#36 Sterling Sackey, Apr 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    Well, that didn't take long. ;)

GLWS!

13. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I'm a new dealer investing a lot into my business, so I can't be keeping anything too long right now. This car is in 10k-mile condition at 60k miles, I wish I could tuck it away & keep it!

14. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Sold! Thanks FChat!

15. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    nice! congrats.

16. sgfreak96

sgfreak96 Karting

May 15, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Awesome buy, it's been a dream of mine to get a Type-R whether it be imported once they are legal or buying a USDM one. Make some videos of it!

17. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm a fan of Japanese cars. I also have a nostalgia love for 1970's, 1980's and 1990's cars. Basically the era I grew up in and was a young adult, as well.

Canada exemption on non conforming imports kicks in after 15 years old. Net lots of JDM cars here and all the rare stuff North America didn't get originally is here. A guy in my neighborhood has a right hand drive Honda badged NSX.

The last bit is why I don't have a JDM market Japanese made car. Most are right hand drive and too annoying to drive here.

Anyway, its harder for me to tell you what Japanese makes and models I don't like. I even liked my great aunts 1980's something Corrolla when I was a teenage driver. I even want a mint Civic too a CRX, etc... now day's

18. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I will be looking at a CRX with 36,000 miles tomorrow!

19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Post pictures!!!! I was a Honda fan in the 1980's. Mostly because as a kid 9/10 I started in dirt bikes on a Honda. Several dirt bikes and an ATV in 1987. My like of Honda as a brand, it was easy too like the CRX back then! Coincidence, the Honda dealer I bought my dirt bikes and ATV's at, at the time was the Ferrari dealer.

20. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    oh I have a good CRX and Carter motors story that just so happened on this date in 1987, a Friday.

21. Julia

Julia F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2014
    Houston
    How did the CRX turn out?

22. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Decided my story is only semi funny. My parents are mostly Mercedes owners. But in 1987, the German DM was on a major upswing and the US/CDN dollars in decline. This pushed the prices up on German cars. April 22nd just happens to be my brothers birthday. At the time my Dad was looking at getting a new 560SEL, the price at the time pushed the MSRP at around $104K. My father was buying my brother a Honda ATV thru Carters Honda motorcycle store. Since at the time, they carried Rolls Royce (and Ferrari), he decided to price out a Rolls Royce Silver Spirit. Since Rolls Royce updated the spirit/spur line mid 1987. Carter had an early Spur left over in inventory. So they offered a huge deal on it.

I just happened to have a school ski day, that Friday. So got too go pick up the new Spur. I was 14 going on 15. My Dad told the sales guys, I was 15 going on 16. The sort of funny, I dragged my father to their Honda store up the street. The sales manager pointed out since the Rolls Royce section was also Ferrari. Most teenagers wanted to check out their Ferraris, and ignored Honda's.

I talked my Dad into buying my grand mother a prelude. I did such a good job on selling him on the Spur VS spirit and then the Prelude. They offered me a job for the summer selling Hondas. Until they realized I wouldn't have a license until the next summer...........................

23. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Mileage was original, but it had sat in the sun all it's life neglected, getting bumped into, etc. Shame. It was white too, manual transmission HF.

24. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Great story!!

25. carguy007

carguy007 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2013
    I have a Pheonix yellow one if anyone is interested they can PM me. Car in located in San Francisco and all matching vin 0 accident.