Interest in Samco silicone hose kits for 456? | FerrariChat

Interest in Samco silicone hose kits for 456?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by bergxu, Nov 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Gents,

I've been speaking with the guys at Samco in England. They make nice quality silicone hose kits for many cars and a few Ferrari models as well (currently the 550 in our realm). I suggested to them that they might consider doing a kit for the 456 and they said they absolutely would if I could get a group buy of 15 together. I would send them my existing hoses for measurements and/or new hoses as well. I don't know about pricing but I'd assume it would be similar to the price of their 550M kit which is roughly half that of Scuderia Rampante's kit. Anyone interested please reply to this thread so I can gauge an interest level. Surely there must be 15 cars out there needing fresh hoses. And FYI this kit would contain both rad hoses, the expansion tank hose(s) and the long hose under the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    This could definitely be worth consideration. Count me as interested ('03 456M)

3. phil99

phil99 Rookie

Feb 26, 2015
    Wellington, NZ
    Full Name:
    Phil S.
    I would be interested too. I have Samco hoses on another car and they seem like good quality. '95 456GT

4. jznd

jznd Formula Junior

Oct 26, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Does anyone have Samco hoses on their 550? How's the quality?

5. au-yt

au-yt F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 13, 2006
    Burradoo... Actually
    Full Name:
    Graeme
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure my 456M has silicone hoses originally.
    They certainly look and feel like silicon even the center hose which has a coarse wrap on it.

6. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    From a quality perspective you have nothing to fear in choosing Samco. They are THE choice among many race teams and their silicone is second to none.

7. Stanley Kendall

Stanley Kendall Karting
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2017
    I’m in if quality is good!

8. bergxu

bergxu Formula 3

Aug 16, 2005
    OnTheSerpentMound
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    So I'll be taking measurements of the water spouts and also sending my existing hoses to Samco this winter so they can figure out manufacture and pricing of a kit for us. Keep the interest coming!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

9. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Good. SRI hoses are overpriced POS.
    I have them on two cars and nothing but problems. For the 100x the cost of the hoses themselves you get a box, a plastic bag, and no indication of which hose goes where. Just some vague, blurry instructions telling you that your hoses will leak, but it's your fault for not tightening them enough.