Interesting Cars For Sale in our Region | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Interesting Cars For Sale in our Region

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by toggie, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
  2. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    #77 turbos7903, Nov 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well the GT3 will be delivered this weekend so the 2004 Noble M-12 3R has to go. I dont want to make it public (read non-Fchat) yet so I am posting it here hoping a local person would buy it. I would sell it for a discount to the current market price just to see it stay local. Will be asking 72K in the spring if a local person doesnt buy it first for a substantial discount off that price. Car is mechanically perfect with 7500 miles. Cosmetically it has a rock ding in the rear bumper cover.
    A couple of other rock chips in the prone areas but thats it. Interior is in as original condition. PM me if your interested and we can talk off line. Jon in Delaware
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Sorry to see her go! I'm going to call my buddy Pat, who still hasn't made the move on the Maserati. I bet he would buy it, Jon.

I will PM you later when I talk to him!

Joe

4. Joe Mac

Joe Mac Formula 3

Dave, I hate to say it but it is clear that you were NOT thinking!! arrrggh is right!!

5. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
  6. SGM

SGM F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2006
    Rockville, MD
    Full Name:
    Steve
    He also has a 355.......I wonder if Robbie has it in his registry.

7. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
  8. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #83 toggie, Dec 7, 2007
  9. potxoli

potxoli Formula 3

Mar 22, 2007
    Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Eric B.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen it on the toll road. $57K insane though even if it is rare.

10. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    As common as it is in Europe, it would be pretty cool to see a modern Alfa on the streets!

11. Ferrari250GTO

Ferrari250GTO Formula 3

Nov 1, 2006
    Philadelphia PA
    Just noticed this car, didn't realize it was legal in the states

12. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    As for the Noble they imported 277 of them. No more will be imported now that Nobel has moved on to the M-15 in the rest of the world and 1G racing in Hamilton Ohio has taken over the M-12/M-400 body style and change the name of the car to the Rossion. The Noble had to be imported as a "component" car which simply means the car is imported complete without drive train and sold. Then a factory endorsed drive train installer takes the crated engine and tranny and hooks it up. All the cars use the same engine and tranny so its a matter of "insert tab A into Tab B" kind of installation. 100 or so cars were imported as M-12 3R GTO's and the rest imported as M-400's. Same body and engine but different suspension,bigger Turbos,slightly different interior,and different ECU programming. Some say Noble M-12 3R GTO is more compliant to the assertive street driven car while the M-400 is better out of the box for the track and not so compliant for the road. Both are street legal in the USA.
    For what its worth. Jon

13. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #88 toggie, Dec 21, 2007
    This car is not exactly in our region, but you don't see Maserati Ghibli's cars for sale very often, so I thought I would go ahead and post a link. Car is being sold from Gaylordsville, Connecticut.

Car is 1970 year, claimed 36,000 miles, for sale on eBay.
    Colors are red/tan, 4.7 liter engine, 5-speed manual trans.
    Euro spec car but claimed to be US legal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beautiful-1970-Maserati-Ghibli-Coupe-Great-Xmas-Gift_W0QQitemZ200184088757QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6313QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

At the time of this post, there were 20 bids, and the bid price was up to $60.1k but the reserve had not yet been met.

The Ghibli is a beautiful car. Here is a picture or two.
    Usual disclaimer, I have no ties to car, seller, or ad.

14. Cwavery9209

Cwavery9209 Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I saw this one on there yesterday. it is an incredible car!

15. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    If I'm not mistaken I think Cap'nDon on here from Annapolis has a Ghibli Spyder for sale. Also Red/tan.

16. 4REphotographer

4REphotographer F1 Veteran

Oct 22, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I remember a yellow one showing up a little late at the Classics on the James, incredible car.

17. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    The side mirrors on the maroon car are horrible. If CaptDon has a spyder for sale it must be a private offering. I'm usually up on these things and a Ghibli would do nicely.

18. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    yeah.... I'm not so sure how private it is but his glass 76 gtb is for sale also. He told me about it a couple of months ago. $189K I think is/was his asking price... for the Ghibli not the 308. :)

19. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    JB, Do you know the price for his 308?

20. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    This must be the Don that I know from Annapolis . I know he has a glass 308 that is very nice. It used to by owned by a club Pres. I would love to talk to him.

Come in Don. Do you read me? Over.

21. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Luke, if you are looking for a collector car to back up your DD this would be a good one. Possibly the Maser as well if you are into them.

22. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    The maroon Ghibli is for sale by Peter Sweeny at Forza. He brought the car to the TomYang.com gathering at the end of October. I went for a half hour ride in the car (Pete offered to let me drive it but considering the number of wet leaves on the road, and the fact that I wasn't shopping for a Ghibli, I decided to let Pete show off the car's performance). If I recall, the car wasn't perfect but it seemed like a really nice honest car. The Ghibli feels like a mix of Italian exotic and American muscle - for me it felt a little too much on the American muscle side as compared to my 330.

Can someone send me info on the glass 308 - I may be interested.

Regards,

Art S.

23. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Well.. it's a 1976 glass car. Red/tan... not sure of mileage. It's seen a little track duty. Last I heard he wanted $69K for it. I do know it just took a gold at this past FCA Annual meet. Which in a field of 308s and 348s is pretty good. It looks to be a pretty clean car. Don's had a few really nice cars including a silver Lusso that he just recently parted company with. It's been up at the Donut a few times.

24. cptndon

cptndon Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2005
    Annapolis
    Hello everyone!
    The Ghibli Spyder went to a European buyer. If you're thinking about buying a car, you might consider doing it sooner rather than later. The exchange rate has made buying here very affordable for the Europeans.
    I think quite a few(relatively speaking) cars are crossing the Atlantic these days.
    I'm enjoying the 308 a lot more than I expected to so its not actively for sale. There are a few 'glass cars being advertised these days. One thing I like about them is that I haven't seen two alike yet!

Happy Holidays!

Don

25. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #100 toggie, Dec 23, 2007

Don,

Is this a picture of your 'glass 308?
    The picture was taken at Summit Point back in April 2007.

BTW, I believe it was you that I should thank for saving my black 430 when it started slowly rolling backwards (long after I parked it next to your 308 - I left mine unfortunately in neutral with no parking brake set on purpose due to the discs being red hot after a track session).

- Toggie