Interesting finding on F1 system. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Interesting finding on F1 system.

Discussion in '360/430' started by 24000rpm, Mar 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    Agree fully that a handy cheap tool for setting PIS would be a huge plus for many owners.

I've worked in the firmware space of the electronics & software for 34yrs now, and I'm still waiting for the day when the team finishes a project and we can honestly say to ourselves that what we have made is perfection and can not be improved. All engineering projects are an uneasy compromise between resources and requirements.

Now modifying the main code may indeed prove to be too difficult and time consuming, but there is a 2nd chip that stores a bunch of data that the main program probably uses.

So just as in the case of engine ECUs, until we understand what these tables have in them we can never really know what the possibilities might be.

I could imagine a scenario, in which a car is only for track use, and the 360 is not so hot at standing starts. So perhaps tweeking some data in one or more tables might yield an improvement there, but perhaps at the expense of it being terrible in traffic on the public highway - but if all i want is a track car then this would be good.

So if someone has the interest and time, then why not explore the TCU and see what can be found. After all we need something to do in the winter.

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #52 mello, Apr 28, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    If someone is willing to loan me an SD2/3 for about 6 months, I can sniff out the CAN bus commands. :)

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    +1. The braintrust on Fchat is deep. We all have a vested interest in figuring it out. Manufacturers know they are vulnerable to us. They want laws past that basically say the info in our ECU's is their copy righted data and we can't view it, modify it or in anyway play with it. The governments are happy to give this power to prevent emissions tampering.

4. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M
  5. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

when I click on the link, it says login required

give me a screenshot if you could

6. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I had to register to get the prices. The SV is £250 in the UK as an alfa spare so $100 landed would be good.

7. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the dealer who sold me the valve can do cheaper than that, like $50 something outright
    not sure why a 3rd party is selling more than a main dealer.

8. mike01606

mike01606 Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2012
    Cheshire UK
    Full Name:
    Mike M

Agree but there are no Chery dealers near me ;)

The 360 clutch SV I can find as an Alfa selespeed part but at £250 or $350!That's why the car companies used to call the UK treasure island until we started buying RHD cars in mainland Europe, so now it's plain old rip-off Britain.

At $50 it's probably worth buying for the seals.

www.selespeed.org has some useful info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Has anyone tried to disassemble the solenoid valves? There is a gentleman on the 348/355 forum who needs an EV1 valve for his F355, but they are no longer available. They are different in appearance to the 360 and Chery solenoid valves, so he has had to commit himself to buying an entire power unit (with solenoids). Hideously expensive, of course.

I'm considering buying one of those Chery QQ valves and opening up the case to see what's inside and if repairs are possible. I have a few concerns, however:

Are the internals exposed to hydraulic fluids (or only if seals fail)?
    Where do I cut the case to get best access to the internals? It's been suggested that the coil might easily slip out if just the end of the case (near the electrical connector) is removed.
    How do I reseal the case without doing damage to the internals? If there are no hydraulics/pressure in the case, then some kind of epoxy weld might do.

Does anyone know what the function of that white plastic keyway is on the end of the valve?
    Does the piston/shaft unscrew from the case?

Does anyone have an old valve they can play around with?

Thanks!
    Cheers.

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

get me a pic of that 355 valve and let me find it for him

11. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Much appreciated, but we've been coming up with dead ends after months of searching...

Here's the thread with some pics:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/355f1-solenoid.576140/

The end of the shaft appears narrower and longer.

We're not sure if it's a Magneti Marelli part (I sent them an email recently to find out, but I'd be surprised if I get a response).

The part number appears to be 12100046, but there are other numbers on there..

UJ02 069
    3301 - 5/97

These, of course, have been Googled-to-death

Cheers

12. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

just asked some AMT guru in China
    answer is no, out of more than 10+ models of cars that use the automated system, there's no such a solenoid match the 355's.

so modification of the 360's solenoid is the only way to go

13. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Thanks for trying, 24000.

I've ordered a couple of QPV valves from China. Hopefully the case and its internal electrics are the same with just the mechanical valve openings which vary. I'm hoping the range of motion is the same on all the valves. If you have any old ones handy, does it look like the valve unscrews from the case?

Just wondering what this indent is for on some valve types. It looks like a reset pin or release pin.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

oh come on! why do you want to pay more rather than buying from me. Let me make a few bucks!!

anyway, old solenoid? you mean used 360 solenoid? you want some pic on those indentations?

15. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

the pic you posted, is rather a little different than what I have on my 360 and what I bought from chery dealer.

but I guess functionally they are the same to the 360.

the do look like poorly made though, compared to my Chery solenoids. I suspect they are aftermarket stuff targeting QQ owners, like $10 each on Ebay's china equivalent.

16. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Didn't know you were selling them, 24000 :eek: If I understand the advertisement correctly, one of the guys on YOYcart.com is selling new QPV valves for $64 (if I understand correctly). The used parts are half that. Unfortunately, Google translate didn't clarify what was written in Chinese.

I don't think I'd be able to pick up any more information from photos. If you have that type, perhaps you could see what the pin does. Yes, if you have any broken 360-type solenoids, maybe you could see if they can be dismantled.

Cheers.

17. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry.. crossposted....

Some of the photos in the advertisement do look like cheaper versions, but most of the items in the photos look like the more expensive type and have a Magneti Marelli label on them.

18. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Has anyone confirmed that this all works fine over time for the 360? If so, it would be pretty incredible. My F1 system is perfect (thank the gods) but it's only a matter of time, and having such an affordable solution would be very welcomed.

19. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

ok, first, i'd say that yoyo's seller is selling some inferior parts, even by Chery's standard. Those solenoids are selling for US $10 or less on ebay's chinese counterpart.

2nd. if I am selling these to you, yes i'll make a profit. so small of a profit that even you buy 100 of these from me, it'll just not compensate the time and money I've poured into this and it will not make me rich. heck it won't even worth an oil change. so please, i dont want to be treated as an advertiser.

3rd. i am native chinese speaker, so ask anything chinese. hahhaha

4th. i'll take some shots on my used and new solenoids, so please be patient.

happy Ferrariing.

I

Qavion likes this.
  20. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

it was confirmed long time ago.... by myself, been driving it for a few years already

21. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Awesome. How much would an entire kit be?
    Just thinking if I should grab one now while you have them on hand and I will store it away for future use...

22. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

it is unfortunately not an entire kit

just the pressure black bulb, all solenoids, pump (F430 pump for later QQ too),

23. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    How much for all of that?

24. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

for 1x solenoid + 1x black pressure bulb + 1x 360 motor ( no pump head) = about $500 if i make a few bucks. You need 6 solenoids. each about $65. For F430 motor it is a little bit more.
    These 3 items are pretty much identical to OEM, plug and play, no mods needed.

Shipping: depending on how many needed in the US. .
    I have to ship them from Hong Kong. Is there any duty and taxes for you? maybe not too much, i have no idea. in 2006 my mom in China shipped 70 lbs of electrical cable to my home in California and I paid $50 of duty.

25. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

oh, about the f1 actuator. There's a guy in China that is doing exactly the same thing as that in the US. rebuilding it for like $500.......

I haven't been able to locate this guy yet, but I know he exist via another ferrari owner, who's a little snobbish. So he's not keen to talk to me somehow as I am a humble get-your-hands-dirty guy.

if i found him, i'll let you guys know. heck , i might even want to try it myself. Its just seals, i kept telling myself.