Interesting insight into Aston Martin current business year thru Q3 | FerrariChat

Interesting insight into Aston Martin current business year thru Q3

Discussion in 'British' started by Pawilly, Nov 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  2. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Yes, Scott's articles are very perceptive and he writes in a way that helps those of us who are less financially aware, to understand the nuances of these announcements and cut through the bull$hit to get at the underlying facts which the manufacturers might prefer to keep disguised.
    For comparison, read his latest commentary on Ferrari's figures.

3. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Seems only time for Mercedes taking more than the current 20% stake.

4. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Lord almighty, that is bleak.

5. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005
    Sure does look bleak. Not uncommon for AML over the decades.

I agree on the article which was very informative and filled with reasonable facts. Everyone agrees they are burning money and the current strategy is neglecting their core business. They are losing their identity with all their cross breeding. If I wanted a Mercedes, in which I think is again future.

Their CFO just resigned today. Positive, Stroll still has an enormous bankroll as he committed to at least F too. Maybe more integration with Mercedes in years ahead for both street and racing.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Becoming a subsidiary of VW hasn't harmed Bentley sales, nor has BMW ownership handicapped Rolls Royce. Maybe it would be best if Mercedes were to take over AML.

Adamas likes this.
  7. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    I feel like Aston has lost it's way i this generation.

The previous generation, all their cars were achingly beautiful and timeless. Literally makes you weak in the knees just seeing one. The interiors were well appointed and the exhaust notes were some of the best.

Now we have polarizing looks, flatulant turbo exhausts, and interiors laden with Mercedes tech and switchgear. Still no cars with a DCT. The competition has grown stronger, the Bentley Continental GT has one of the best quality interiors in the market and a more streamlined design. The competition has moved the game on and I suspect that buyers are going elsewhere or existing owners are keeping their cars.

Bluebottle and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  8. nickorette

nickorette Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2017
    Canada
    Let's not forget competition from the Roma and LC500 as well

9. Pawilly

Pawilly Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
  10. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Aston now hiring former Ferrari executives (including Amedeo Felisa).
    Prior success is not a guarantee though; although Danny Bahar was never at Felisa's level, he was highly regarded during his Ferrari time and then his tenure at Lotus was truly disastrous.