Interesting modifications and photos | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Interesting modifications and photos

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kevin Rev'n, Jan 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
    ^Look pretty good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Drestless likes this.
  2. BAD430BENZ

BAD430BENZ Formula Junior

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    Drestless likes this.
  3. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    Did I thank you? If not done.... about to dive in.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

whatheheck likes this.
  4. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    A thread with >60,000 views is never dead friend. C'mon man get on board and start contributing the goods! This isn't your best work. I used to find the cars that were interesting when I had more time to suss out the for sale ads for gated Modena cars. Wouldn't you know it that my kids are getting older and starting to take more of my time so I cant keep up with the new for sale ads anymore.......so, I don't see interesting mods or photos as often as before.

whatheheck likes this.
  5. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    ........and you don't find it ironic that you and i have a lengthy discussion about creating a Modified section and then all of the sudden , after your last post 6 months ago here , you post in the same section where lots of mockery takes place .

Well , I will post what i like and hate on the others in a thread that is created as a "copy and paste" thread instead of actual real world content .

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    [​IMG]

My contribution !!!

Drestless and Kevin Rev'n like this.
  6. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    These two cars are like fantasy car sketches that have been brought to real life with what I presume to be skilled hands and a lot of thought! Bravo.
    The car geek in me would love to see threads on the following:
    1. Artistic renderings of the early concept and influences leading to the final product. I see some 360GT bumper influences in the blue one, and some Porsche tail characteristics in the red.
    2. How the parts were made and attached to the body. Car is aluminum so dissimilar metals are an issue. How did you overcome this?
    3. Any science behind the new body shapes? Is there more downforce?
    -My car gets light in the steering starting at about 140mph. How do these shapes help that? How did you overcome new strains on the suspension?
    4. Weight gains? If substantial, what is the distribution?
    5. Drive-ability? Does the duck tail on the red one make it hard to see whats behind you?
    6. Suspension mods? I am guessing that to run that low and wide you had to limit the suspension travel. How did you do this? What else? Beefed up sway bar? New design or the one from Challenge Stradale?
    7. The wheels look pretty dramatic. What was involved in getting them right? Spacers? Milling? What about the tires?
    8. How does it drive? How many miles did you put on the car before and after the mods.
    9. Track times? Track stories? Pics? Vids?
    10. What made you do this? Whats next? How long did it take? Different insurance?

jcurry likes this.
  7. BAD430BENZ

May 13, 2014
    EL PASO , TX
    Full Name:
    JASON
    :D:D:D

It is so hard for me not to respond to some of the posts you create when it looks like you are just posting for fun and it's not actual "contribution" . I almost spit out my water when i started reading some of the stuff you would "love" to know about these vehicles when you wrote this about these same cars............

I can’t really get excited about it and here is why:

People that "wreck" the aesthetics of the cars are generally looked down upon by all not just in this section. It's a Ferrari thing!

Of course , what the hell do i know when i'm just a "special snowflake" :rolleyes:

8. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    ^^ That rear grill is kinda interesting. I don't think I have seen that one before.

9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Im feeling very poorly now :eek:

10. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    sparetireless likes this.
  11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Flea7 and f355spider like this.
  12. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I'm going to guess the rear quarter panels, taillights & exhaust tips are from a California.

Hideous !!!!

whatheheck likes this.
  13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    It's not really my cup of tea or coffee but I've seen worse. A bit like a replica in that it makes you believe the owner is trying to appear to have bought a newer and more expensive car then he/she has?

whatheheck likes this.
  14. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    whatheheck likes this.
  15. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
  16. Kevin Rev'n

Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I see a little McLaren or a hint of Vette in there too...just behind the front wheels in those curved vents!

17. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
  18. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Hi Guys,
    My latest upgrade. It's been 12 months or so of collecting parts throw in the rebuilding the callipers together with machining all hardware etc! etc. I finally got around to fitting my new brakes.
    I'm running 380x32 mm steel rotors with custom alloy hats and they weight in at 10.734 kg, callipers are brembo 6 piston GT3 on all four corners, callipers clips and pucks weight in at 3.586, pads and custom mounting brackets in at 2.409kg. Total weight per corner round 17kg. The OEM rotors and callipers weighed on my stone age bathroom scales round 11 kg. This upgrade for me is mostly for looks not interested in tracking my car. They look amazing and they stop amazing.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

imahorse, Hypek9 and redcaruser like this.
  19. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I love me some big brakes!

Wonder why nobody has offered an option for some 2 Piece 355mm rotors on the OE Calipers. Would definitely fill out the wheels much more!

20. Freddan

Freddan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2012
    Vansbro (Sweden)
    Full Name:
    Fredrik
  21. FlyingHaggisRacing

FlyingHaggisRacing Formula 3

Jul 2, 2013
    @becasuephilchow

StopTech did offer a 355mm solution for the 360 - but stopped a while back.
    The challenge cars ran 355mm metal discs with a different caliper, still 4pot but bigger than the road item.

22. AleGJ

AleGJ Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    North Italy
    Is your roof wrapped or painted? I was thinking to wrap mine with the same design as yours, but in white.
    Nice mod to the brakes BTW!

23. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Thanks Mate just need to fit my CS side skirts in nxt few wks. My roof is painted. Didn't want to use the wrap the sheets of wrap where 1200 which would have left me with a join line.