Interesting, necessary features in a family home | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Interesting, necessary features in a family home

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tvrfreak, Feb 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Despite how much I love antiques, I want a very modern home or penthouse. I want large spacious rooms with floor to cieling windows and lots of natural light. White walls and wooden floors...very large, studio-like open floorplan

So thats the basics of the house, here are my requirements.

1-Music/Library Room --the focal room of the house. I need a place to store a few thousand CDs, Music Scores, and my Books. This room will also house my extensive instrument collection including climate controlled display cases for my Stradivari violins, and upright stands for my basses and viola da gambas :) I want a single book case that lines the walls holding CDs, books, and music manuscripts. On top of the cases I want the busts of all my favorite composers. In the center of the room laying back to back I want a beautifully ornate antique Harpsichord, backed by another antique Fortepiano. The center of the room will also serve as a rehearsal area for a group of up to 10 musicians.

2-I need a top of the line sound system connected through the entire house with the central unit located in the Music Room. I want to be able to put on a favorite CD and hear it in high quality throughout the house.

3-I want a large family room with a nice comfy couch, good TV etc...Large ceilings...

4-I want my bedroom to be on a upper level loft that overlooks the family room.

5-I want an absolutely spotless garage/showroom for 4 cars or so. Floored in light marble, I want it large enough to fully open car doors etc. I want to put a couch in there and make it as comfortable as possible so I can sit next to my collection (F40, 355 GTS, 330 GTC, Porsche 356 speedster) and just admire their beauty.

6-Id like a nice pool/jacuzzi on a big raised deck that overlooks some sort of nice view...complete with a BBQ area as well.

7-Ferrari room :) I want a boat load of models, posters, and any other sort of Ferrari or exotic car related collectibles to be stored in a room of their

2. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    HUGE TANK, thousands of gallons!!! With bunch of different tangs! Sohal, yellow, blue, naso, convict, purple, sailfin, achilles, etc...! And with a bunch of sharks in there too!

3. fanatic1

fanatic1 Guest

Nov 1, 2003
    columbus
    Full Name:
    philip
    stripper poles, mirrors and a smoke machine!!!!

:)

4. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I wouldn't mind one of those tables made from an engine. The ones with a glass pannel bolted to the intake, I think you can get them in Jag V12's, a few Ferrari motors... and a few others. Brain fart, I dunno exactly. But d@mn they are sooo cool, a must have indeed!

5. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Nice idea. Should be fairly easy to make one of your own from a seized motor after you polish it up a little bit. And drain the fluids, of course!
    Edit: A flat V12 boxer motor would be great.

I would also get replica wind tunnel models made and mount them on the walls. Also, engineering drawings and architectural plans...heck I'd load all of these into a laptop, hook it up to a nice projector, and show them on a wall, changing the picture every so often.
    Edit: Or use a nice large flat panel screen instead of a projector.

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Large garage with some living quarters attached.