interesting read for those who suspect saudi of ill will.... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

interesting read for those who suspect saudi of ill will....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ross, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Explain. Considering that many people of this faith seem to live quite happily in the 'free world.'

2. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    markg, you are wrong. 20 years ago, i went to many places in the islamic world and was welcomed and accepted easily. the same kind of anecdotes can be heard from any time in history - the religions are not incompatible when practiced by rational people.
    there is a street corner in egypt where there is a coptic church that sheltered mary and joseph when they were on the run, across the street there is a synagogue, and on the opposite corner there is a mosque. these buildings have all been there together for about 1000 years (the mosque obviously built last), and the people of the various faiths have lived side by side all that time in peace and harmony.
    it is only when the religions are hijacked for political purposes (and this is not only a modern phenomena), that issues flare up. don't blame regular muslims for radical islam. they are not doing much to combat it themselves, but they are not the ones responsible for the monster that ossama and aq have become.
    in addition, as individuals we should try to live in peace with our neighbors; and maybe slowly this attitude will change things, at least in a small way.

3. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I heard that after 9/11 there was a 747 in DC ready for takeoff filled with Saudi Princes & princesses. The 747 was denied permission to take off. Probably would have been shot out of the sky if it did

4. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Art, Chavez was elected once then he threw out the results of the next election when he lost. He is a Commie Dictator wannabe. He is holding a nation hostage and people in Venezuela are in open revolt against him. If he decides to embargo oil to the US I have zero problems with the US going in & extracting him like they did to Noriega.

We shouldnt have to deal with A Holes like Chavez messing with our oil so close to home

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I totally agree, I dont see Assama a real Muslim. He is a monster who has perverted Islam for his own ends. No different from that Jones preacher who caused a mass suicide in Guiana 20+ years ago. Assama should find the hottest place in Hell for what he has done by pitting the people of one religion against another using lies, deceipt & ignorance as his allies

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Too bad we didn't.

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Wait a minute Mitch, you can't have it both ways. You and Art have been saying that the USA should not be acting unilaterally when it comes to these issues, we should be deferring to the UN etc. and NOW you say if other leaders agree Mr. X is bad, we still cannot do anything? That seems blatantly contradictory to me. The line can be drawn based upon the good of the many; in other words, under which option are the best interests and safety of the greatest amount of people served? And yes, Hitler SHOULD have been assasinated, would have spared a whole lot of lives. And don't say hindsight is 20/20 because I have read "Mein Kampf" and all the warning signs were there. Maybe not SPECIFICALLY regarding concentration camps and genocide per se, but the man's lunacy was well-documented.

8. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

Ditto.

9. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  10. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    We need to start drilling in Alaska and start exploring more oil fields.
    That and start giving out bigger tax credits for alternative power sources.
    Solar, wind, geothermal, hydro,biogas etc......
    Of course we also have to get the CAFE averages back up. Lowering this was a silly mistake.
    Also conservation and increased efficiency of all power using equipment.
    There is no ONE answer to this.
    This will eventually in short order lessen are demand for foreign oil.
    OPEC will then need us more than we need them.

11. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    We need to start drilling in Alaska.

Also there is plenty of oil in Russia.

Why delay ?

Saudia Arabia has spent 70 billion worldwide on exporting
    fundamentalist Islamic Wahibism.

12. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    There is more oil in the oil-shale deposits in Alberta than remain in the Persian Gulf. Its just waiting for the cost structure ($/barrel) and technology to be developed to go and get it.

13. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

If the US could become energy independent we wouldn't have to get in bed with despots and religious fanatics. There are so many resources in North America (some renewable, some not) that we could rid ourselves of their oil and eliminate their ability to influence the mainstream public opinion by slowly turning off the faucet of our oil supply.

While it will be a BIG mistake for our country, I do predict that GWB will be a one-termer. He certainly has his faults, but electing an even bigger money-whore with few convictions and no gonads would be even worse. We would then be the "weak" Americans they hoped we would be after 9/11. At least GWB will kick butt when the time is right.

14. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    I love comments like Tifosi69's. The US takes over, though financial and military power, the resources of countries with reckless abandon. Once dependant on us, through our own devices, we (Tifosi et alia) make comments to the effect of "they can't do sh~t w/o us" and how we spend SOOOO much of "our" money on them.

Give me a fuking break.

--Dan

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Someone should have blown it up anyway (shame about the pilots and cabin crew though...)

16. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    http://www.snopes.com/rumors/flight.htm
    "But the key point is that the Saudis mentioned in these accounts were not flown out of the country ? they were assembled at locations from which they could be conveniently flown out of the country once regular airline travel resumed."

17. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

Dan those are facts, so sorry you are not willing tp face them. We have spent OUR money to rebuild much of Europe, Japan and others. Ever heard of the Marshall Plan?