Interesting response to my Ferrari today... | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Interesting response to my Ferrari today...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Fastback.........Hopefully you won't have any problems when you finish building that 550 spyder. But I can tell you that your odds are increased with the type of attitude that you bring to this board. If you go around thinking there will be trouble.......then let me assure you in most instances trouble WILL find you! I live in the heart of the city............with friendliness and the proper precautions, I have not had one bad incident with my F-cars. Its all in your attitude.........lighten up!

2. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Well said Lem........You're the Man!:)

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Kuzi,
    They don't mess with you because you're BAD!:D
    DJ

4. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    But not half as "BAD" as you Dana!

5. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    #55 groovzilla, Mar 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    one thing i have noticed (and i think i am a good source for this info since i have lived in downtown seattle for 18 years and have owned both 911's and 356's)is that the porsche 911 gets no respect compared to the porsche 356...the earlier cars get respect from the people in seattle...even the street punks dig the old cars...i drove my '59 356 downtown during the WTO riots for fun years ago...no problems...ferrari would have been a different story i think ;-)

funny how the 356 compares to the ferrari when it comes to street attitude...really ashame we even have to be discussing this but it is real and lots of schmucks in the world..

punks don't dig the new stuff...

my take is that the fiberglass tub 550 replicar that this guy is building will get respect...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Very well put Kuzi, I hope this gentleman can see without the use of eyesight the natural relationships between all car guys. We understand that cars especially Ferrari's are an extension of our personality, Ferrari's are as beautiful as they are fast, and as amazing as they are awesome. It is the art, style, power, and beauty, which the tifosi are attracted to, much the same as other car lovers. Fastback, if you read this, understand one thing my friend; cars are not just transportation, they are for us, the essence of mobile expression, the likes of which some never know...... conceptualized perception, is the end of reality......

7. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I think the 356, 911's and the 550 Syder would be more accepted by the public because they are more of a purpose-built street driven sports car , mostly unpretentious with the exception of the later incarnations of the 911 with the tails and wings etc..................

I do remember a friend with a 912 that had his drivers door 'mule kicked' in Pioneer Square at a stop light. I guess it was open season that day.

DJ

8. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hey Groove........where in downtown do you live?

9. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    i consider our home on capitol hill downtown when most are in the suburbs.....15th ave near group health hospital..

i'm always cruising when the sun comes out or just plain friggin dry..lets meet up sometime....

i assume you are located in true downtown??

10. ExoticRobert

ExoticRobert Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Mukilteo, Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You know I did not know what to expect when I joined the NW Ferrari club, we all come from very different walks of like, but you know, it's all about the love of the F-cars, and meeting great friends!! :) I bought my car and my bud Lem said "you have to join the club they are a great bunch of guys and gals" and he was right!! If people think we are all snob's because we own the coolest cars in the world, then let them think what they want!! I personality have not seen it is this club!! And as Kuzi said it.."Lem you are the man"

Robert

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Driving Lem's 308 down at SIR during the parade laps on the 4th a couple of years ago got me going on it.

Never driven the track, never driven a 308, had to drive in my socks because my feet were too big, couldn't find the pedals and missed a gear on the front straight. Lem caught it all on video from the passengers seat too! DANG!

He still won't give me the video! Ransom!

By December 27th of that year, 2002, I was the proud owner of the "Old Yellow One".

My first outing with the club was the Bellingham run on Easter 2003. Everybody was friendly and I really enjoyed meeting everybody at lunch. From there it was the start of a very fun summer with a bunch of great people, even some Canukians! Through this experience I also met Robert O. among others.

I think somebody's suggestion of sharing the experience with curious strangers was the best way to dispell the stereotype that most people have about owners. I had the same stereotype at one time myself!

Looking forward to the coming year!
    DJ

12. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Sometimes at gas stations, older folks or young children (under 10) and their parents would approach and ask about the car. I'll open it up and let them have a look and even let them sit inside if they behave well.

Young adults/teens would hang back by their gas pump, checking out the 360 from a distance and avoid me. I know they're checking out the car and I could hear what they're saying. If they just approach me and ask, I'd be happy to let them have a closer look. So far, none has done so.

The neighborhood teens do the same thing. They see me cleaning the car in the driveway but none ever approach. The neighbors with the young kids would come over and check out the car.

13. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Reaction to my black 914 with silly whale tail and front air dam was bad most of the time ranging from "hey punk you dont deserve it" Which was funny cuz it only cost 25 hundred and I put 2k into with mostly my own labor.

I wouldn't care if I were on an island all by myself I would still like to have a nice ride. I just like fast nice looking cars. The engineering awe inspiring and there just for our enjoyment. I grew up driving the back curvy gravel roads sliding around corners feeling the g's. It is simply a blast it has nothing to do with arougance. I few guys that speak some crap wont dtour me from havin a blast!

PS you guys are great on here and are always very helpful with good info!

14. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    My brother in-law did days and days of wet sanding on the car and only charged me 1k for the black paint job!

SORRY for making you look at two pics of a p-car guys! It wont happen again!

15. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    914's are FUN! I would love to have a 914-6 one day just for variety. They are fast and handle.

DJ

16. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    You the man dude, notihng like looking out for each other, if we don't who will?

17. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good one Willis. I always try and invite the curious kids to sit in the car, if their parents say "okay". Makes their day!

My driveway shares the alley with an elementary school, and there are always a bunch of "ferrari spotters" pointing at me when I pull out. They will even stand around when I am in the driveway washing my BMW, and see the 328GTS hidden in the garage and immediately yell "FERRARI" and point. Kids are great. :)

18. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Ok incase you didn't realize i was trying to make a point, however it obviously went over some of your heads. Serves you people right to have such anegative attitude. When I went to go look at a Ferrari the owner was standing right next to it. I wanted to ask him quesitons a his car but the first thing he said to me was "What do you[\b] want?" Now you think i am going to assume most ferrari owners are deustche bags like that one? No, im not i was merely giving you guys an example, of why maybe you all get such negative feedback when you drive or park your cars. Btw It's not smart to threaten me, believe me i know more dangerous people then you could imagine.

EDIT: one more thing, i posted in here to help you guys and look at the negativity i get directed towards me after my post. I was not singling anyone out on here, but with the respeonse i got, my views of you people are jaded. DOn't try and come off acting tough over the computer either, if it makes you feel big littlemen then go for it but don't open your mouth to me i don't want to hear it.

19. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    At one time I thought ALL exotic or 'high end' car owners were stuck up pricks mainly through my own ignorance and unwillingness to find out the truth so I understand the stigma Fcar, Pcar and Lambo owners are stuck with.

I fail to see the manner in which you are 'trying to help me' by telling me and my fellow owners that we are either fools or live in shady areas. WTF does that mean? Yeah, it went right over my head because it was such an ABSURD statement!

I don't need your help to see the world around me. I am quite aware of what it's about thank you.

You've had some bad experiences and so have we, as a matter of fact I am having one right now answering your post.

Hopefully with a little thought and less posturing on your part we can be civil to each other from this point on.

DJ

20. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Yeah,..............Well..............there seems to be tougher ones out there than me:rolleyes:....................................................................................................................................

DJ

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    So, Fastback,
    In case my last two posts went over YOUR head let me offer that the POINT of your original post was POORLY PRESENTED and if there was any negativety in this thread it started there. Also, threats and warnings to the online community here isn't going to gain you any credibility or respect either.

So why don't we move on to more positive subjects like your 550 Spyder project. Tell us about it.

DJ

22. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA

Fastback,
    Who threatened you? You, my friend, have one mighty big chip on your shoulder. We were only stating that your "stereotype" could be nothing further from the truth. Dude, I looked at your other posts (easy to check through your profile), it is obvious that you are both very confrontational, and defensive at the same time.

Like this: "Just remember guys having a Ferrari doesn't mean you have the skill to drive it."

or this: "You mean it won't be wasted on you... Sorry, i guess having a trust fund and being rich doesn't make you smart either, eh richies?"

How about this gem?:"Whoopdi **** and now this clowns friends try to stand in for him because he got called out and doesn't have the balls to follow up?? You ***** don't try to act hard to me on the internet, it's not like you rich pricks are going to do a damn thing to me anyway, except maybe ban me. I don't plan on staying here, you fools are my amusement.

Well since you all claim to be the enthusiasts , you all know there are cheaper cars out there that could hand your little ferrari's there ass, right??? I'm not even talking about the subie either that is a pussie's car and the *** that got beat couldn't drive, which is another fact that brings me to beleive even more that you ****tards can't drive worth a ****, nor do any of you deserve the cars you own. I guess if you guys pay Ferrari 200k more they could put a computer in your car that will drive it for you, ****ing panzy's."

There's a problem here, and it isn't us. But let's get beyond that, as Spasso said, let's talk about your 550 spyder project...we're all car nuts, right? :) In fact, I encourage you to come out and meet us some time. We post when we get together all the time on this board, just come on out and introduce yourself. No punches will be thrown, promise, and we'll show you our cars, and take you for a drive if you like.

23. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Fair enough

24. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Sorry dude, I'm none of the above mentioned. In fact I'm a card carrying AFLCIO Union Member who just happened to have come from humble beginnings as a bulldozer mechanic in Alaska. High School car: '67 SAAB model 96...now: a small collection of cars and motorcycles, one an old Ferrari.

The problem is not simple, its opportunistic jealousy and ignorance...Like DaveH said, I have YET to meet anyone in our club that meets your description.

Really, fastback33, why are you on this site? Sure, one doesn't have to own a Ferrari to register and sign on, and there are many folks out there that fit this category. The non-Ferrari owners that do frequent this site often bring good commentary and provide helpful mechanical insight to others. Like DJ said, how's the 550?

25. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    Don't worry, I like 914's. My first one was a black '72 1.7. Now I'm on the second, a stock '74 1.8 in light ivory. It accompanies my old '78 308;)

Check out "First Annual Eurofest" here in the Northwest section, you'll find pics of my sleds....