Interesting response to my Ferrari today... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Interesting response to my Ferrari today...

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by f355spider, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Mr. Fastback, it always make me wonder when people like you get into such a state about trust funds. I'm perfectly happy to admit, and it does not embarrass me in the slightest, that some of the money I used to buy my 10 year old Ferrari came from a trust fund. BUT...

1) It's called "Financial Planning", dude. My parents worked normal everyday jobs, my dad as an engineer at Boeing, and mom as a secretary for a dentist. They lived simple lives, never went anywhere, never spent their money. They took steps to take care of their finances. So what?

2) They are DEAD, dude. Permanently DEAD. I didn't see a penny until they were both DEAD. You think I wouldn't trade my 10 year old Ferrari to have them back again for a few years? You think I wanted them to suffer with cancer and congestive heart failure so that I could drive a 10 year old Ferrari?

If you encountered a Ferrari owner who rubbed you the wrong way, I'm sorry to hear it. I'll wager that he isn't reading your comments here.

2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Stockpro and I did a digging on Mr. "Fastback33". Yes, he lives in West Seattle, and no, he isn't presently working on a 550 spyder. That is a "future" project. He is definitely a "gearhead" and likes to work on cars though! Here is the MG and a motorcycle he's working on....
    http://community.webshots.com/album/120684113ehtdTw

Sounds to me like we just have a hot headed 17yo, with a little too much anger built up in him.

Fastback33, you need to hang out with us some, and you'll chill out... :)
    BTW, we were at the Seattle Champs Karting last night, but we forgot to email you...kind of spontaneous decision...email me your phone and we'll call you on our next trip.

Yer pal,
    Dave

3. 4re gt4

4re gt4 Formula 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Roseburg, OR
    Full Name:
    Hans E. Hansen
    Dave has the disposition and patience of a Saint.

4. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Nah, but I do know that people come across very differently on the internet, than in person. Who knows? He could be a great guy....or not...but that is entirely up to him.

5. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Well guys, I tried to be open, but alas, Fastback33 has shown his true colors...He is smack talking about us over at the SRO website today:
    http://www.sromagazine.com/boards/showthread.php?t=87096

Here are a few choice excerpts:

"All those guys that own them Ferrari's are all a bunch of elitist *******s that love the Farrari wang. "

"Yeah i've met some real Ferrari *******s, needless to say everyone is *****ing about how great they are in formula one."

"I think it is safe to assume I hate Ferrari and what it is and who the owner's are now."

"I don't like Ferrari the company now, nor the fools who own the cars for the ***** factor."

"If Ferrari was in the right dirction by building the enzo, there weren't, I've *****ed about it time and time again, about how it shouldn't have the paddle shift trans. nor any computer's in it for that matter. The things a pile. They should actually start a school to teach the buyer's of their cars to drive. Second, i am a bit of elitist when i don't think any alleged "driver's" car (any race car for that matter) should have power steering. It is uselss IMO, just takes up space and weight. What it all boil's down to is, ferrari could have easily built something to smash the McLaren just by taking out all of this electronic bull****, they think they need in their car's now."

The worst part is he is a liar; he hasn't met any Ferrari owners. He had one bad experience with some Ferrari owner who he wished to ask about his car, and them comes to this site and tries to pick a fight. His "high schooler" status is shining through. Too bad. I guess my offer of friendship was wasted, as he is obviously not looking, nor receptive.

Dave

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I just read the thread over on the SRO site. I wanted to jump in but I could see there are a number of posters there that aren't buying Fastback's "Rap" anyway so the effort is not required.

Dave,
    After offering an olive branch he goes off even worse than before. I guess coming across and getting to know the truth about us "Trust Fund xxxxxs" would relieve him of a reason to hate. This kid has some SERIOUS issues.

If you are out there Fastback, even people on the other site aren't buying your 'line'.

I can hook you up with a 12 step program to help you with aggression management if you would like.

DJ from the 'Shady Areas'

7. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Everyone has a right to their own opinion......If FB doesn't like F-cars, then thats his opinion. It should be respected for just that.......his opinion. But when an opinion is rendered about a group of people (F-car owners) in a way that is derogatory to the whole group in general........thats just downright ignorance. FB has not called anyone of us "specifically" those names.......he has some pent up anger concerning "all" things relating to Ferrari....it just happens to include owners of the marque. There really is nothing we can do or say concerning FB's opinions of us as a whole that will change his mind about how he feels. No amount of inviting him to events......meeting some of us for karting.......and anything else that is going to render a change in his thinking. For me thats fine. FB is welcome to say and think whatever the hell he wants. As some of you who know me here by now, I am definitely not PC about most things. HOWEVER, if FB were to "specifically" call ME out as being a certain way without even knowing who the f&*%k I am...............then all bets are off..............this angry 17 yr old kid has no idea who HEs dealing with!

8. 4re4lem

4re4lem Karting

Nov 3, 2003

Dave,
    Ah, not to worry old chum, you have indeed held up the banner of the pracing horse with a gallant and classy style that makes us all proud to be a part of the heritage of Ferrari. Your tact and honor toward a truculent foe is a throwback to the gentlemen racers of the fifties. It is now aparent to all who have read the rantings of the notorious "Fastback"; why the late great Enzo Ferrari would not sell his cars to anyone with the cash to buy them. There is a scripture that is about two-thousands years old (or so);

It is written; St. Matt 7:6
    "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your
    pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and
    turn again and rend you."

Just keep on being you my dear friend.......

9. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    Pffft pent up anger? WTF?? Get over yourselves. All that BS you posted about the Enzo is retarded to have in your arguement that i am a bad person. Just because i beleive the car should not have power anything doesn't mean ****.

I would love to meet a nice Ferrari owner i enjoy their 50's 60's era cars. But me trying to explain to you all about how some people might "hurt" your cars, and then having you all attack me as if i did it, is complete and utter bull****. Which is why i went on the defensive. No i am not having a change of heart, the company has gone to ****, and they have stopped producing decent road cars.

Also nice to see such a huge response to my negative outlook of the company and some of the owner's. Didn't think such a low life could cause this big of a ruckess, funny how easy it is to piss the little people off.

EDIT: Don't think i hold any of this arguement against any of you. I haven't met any of you and i don't form opinion's of people until i meet them. This board nor these posts hold any regard in my opinion of anyone on here, however i do have slight opinions formed from previous people. Again not a change of heart but you all seem kind and im not looking to form a strong freindship but do not see the harm in meeting some of you.

10. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Sigh......

11. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Alternately bashing oneself in the head with a rock then bashing a brick wall with ones head..............................................no wonder the picture is blurry...........................eh, what ever dude.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Is there a Doctor in the house?

Find tree.
    Attach rope to tree branch.
    Get tire.
    Attach tire to rope.
    Climb in tire.

Swing your cares away.

I believe that's called Rope Therapy. I have a cartoon panel around here somewhere that illustrates that point. When I find it, I'll scan and post it. Until then, don't reply to this post, or for that matter, any other thread. You're doing yourself more harm than good.

Life is too short.

13. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Agreed Thomas

14. MondialTCab

MondialTCab Formula 3

Sep 5, 2001
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    John Michael Gross
    Simple add to ignore list solves the problem...then he can find arrogant Ferrari owners that care. You can't make everyone realize they stereotype Dave...they simply don't have the mental capacity for understanding.

- JMG

15. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Man, I don't know about your experiences, but I've had a 911 for about six years. I just started surfing the F-chat in preparation for getting a Ferrari this summer. To me, the F-chat guys seem a lot more open minded than the Porsche chat guys. That said, I'm not siding with anyone, I don't want to get attacked on the Porsche pages, but I sure don't think the F-car guys are too cocky or ignorant.

16. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    ..at least not the ones I have had the pleasure to meet in THIS club.....................

I tried to log into the SRO site a while back and the administration didn't seem too interested in my attempt to join in. Repeated attempts to enroll and Emails to the administration got me a brick wall. I guess I didn't "make the grade".

17. shelbee

shelbee Guest

Driving the spider the other day with soft top, getting in to 520 from Avondale road. There was a white pick up with two pals inside, perhaps in the 20s. I saw there was a sticker "WWU" assuming college kids of Bellingham's WWU.

They did not really follow me and I did not bother looking or interact with them.

At the traffic light, the driver open the window and I think he said "whole brad" I can hardly hear it since I have got my stereo on.

Simply ignore,

18. Tifoso1

Tifoso1 F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Pacific NW
    Full Name:
    Anthony C.
    I have stated before on other threads, ownership of Ferrari has never been a requirement to be a member of FCA-NW or to join any of the events or local GTG. Interestingly enough, the stereotypical Ferrari owners that you had mentioned before are usually not the type that would actually join FCA. Hopefully when you do finally attend one the GTG, you will see that we are all just people, good people from different backgrounds and different walks of life that happens to share a similar interest in taste of cars and passion for Ferraris.

19. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Etip,
    please join the FCA and attend out events...you will find a wealth of information that can be very helpful in finding a good car. More information at www.ferrariclub.com

Dave

20. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Unfortunately, this would include all of Seattle, then. A shame, really.

21. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Robert evaded his last attack by parking at a different spot. Curious to see how long it takes for the perpetrator to his car again.

22. Sophia

Sophia Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2003
    Dash Point/Federal W
    Full Name:
    Peter Barbin
    An old friend of mine, Porsche 912 & 911 driver, bumped into me at the airport on his commute home to Billings, Montana. He had a 3 hr + layover, so I brought him out to our home to kick back...and show him the new "address" and toys I had gathered over the 3 years since I'd last seen him in person.

Rich was convinced that when I made a few bucks I'd have quite the 911 or 930 in the garage. When viewing the old 308, he smiled and said, "that looks like a piece of art...if compared to small aircraft, the Porsches are Cessnas and this Ferrari would be a Bellanca Super Viking...you can tell this is hand crafted, and richly so."

Then I asked him to bring me his luggage to see if it would fit in the car for the trip back to the airport. Rich touched the 914 and said, "I'm familiar with these German cars, they to me are like the cute but attainable girls in school, but the Ferrari, she's one of the untouchable girls!" "Nah, we'll do a Ferrari drive another time. It will keep the fantasy alive...I don't want to take her to bed on the first date!"

23. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    ..............after all these years.........still a good looker!~