Interior bits removal on f430 | FerrariChat

Interior bits removal on f430

Discussion in '360/430' started by aslowdodge, Aug 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    For parts to be removed for cleaning, I assume all parts inside are held by a screw of some sort. If not, do the simply pry out with a pry tool? Any odd fastening methods I should be looking out for so I don't break any clips or parts? Of note is the steering column panel which is a sticky gooey mess. Right now I have "black tar marks" on the tan leather from all the gooey parts as well as on my clothing.
    Is there also a place to get a shop manual for the f430?

2. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I assume you will be sending the parts to dave at Sticky RX ?
    I wouldn't suggest just trying to clean them. You will be thrilled with the quality of his refinishing.
    I found supergenuineparts on eBay for a manual.
    the F430 manual is almost 2000 pages, and it was $199.00 USD.
    Well worth the investment.

3. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Yes, most parts will need to have screws removed. The switches to the left of the steering column do pry out. The center console will require you pull up the "leather" covers in the recesses to uncover screws. The same is true for the door handles on the armrests. For the dash center (the area surrounding the radio) will require you to remove the radio first to expose the screws necessary to take that apart. For the passenger side vent you'll need to remove the small defroster vent on top then remove the two crews holding the panel in place. The bottom of the panel is held in place by two "captured" pins. You simply pry this off.

I had my interior apart and it's not difficult but you need to take your time. BTW - to remove the glove box switch, you'll need to remove the center surround pieces in order to get to it. Don't believe what the workshop manual says for this part.

Good luck.

4. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    What is the difference between this and the FERRARI F430 EXTRACTS 2004-2009 Service Repair Manual PDF on ebay for $19? The supergenuineparts says it does not have wiring diagrams. Is this correct?

5. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    You can get a cd based manual on e bay for pennies

6. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You’re correct it does not contain wiring schematics.
    But it has hundreds of photos, accurate drawings etc.
    I’d be hard pressed to believe the same product is available for $19
    I first bought a $30 manual, it was virtually useless, incomplete and cheesy.

7. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Mike, have you seen these? Are they as detailed as all other manuals? I didn't see any on ebay at all, but just downloadble ones