Interior light wiring | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Interior light wiring

Discussion in '206/246' started by mar3kl, Jul 22, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes the far opposite position does work.
    Restoration complete, new bulb installed and testing confirmed, text below video describes test scenario as first pass where far opposite is not connected. Changing leads shows far opposite functions as you determined.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB2G0KO_E_Q[/ame]

2. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just to follow up this thread - thanks to Scott's beautiful repair job, the courtesy light switch now works perfectly. The only electrical issues I'm still chasing down are a parking/dipped indicator light on the dash that isn't working properly, and one of the heater blower switches not activating the dash indicator light. My guesses are either burned bulbs or faulty grounds. Projects for the fall, I think. All in all, I'm pleased with this car's 40 year old unrestored electrical system. Like the electricals on my MGs, I think Dino electricals get a bad name because people make dodgy fixes without understanding how the system works, and they don't maintain grounds and connections properly.

3. Pablo Pérez-Fuentes Ramos

Dec 26, 2018
    Castro-Urdiales
    Full Name:
    Pablo Pérez-Fuentes Ramos
    Does anyone know where these lights can be obtained? They are for me dino 308gt4

Thank you very much¡¡¡¡

4. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Hella 2JA 001 355-001 are the correct replacement, see my post above. They were also used in some Porsches of that era, so either ebay or a Porsche parts dealer should be a good start. I've attached a photo of my interior light and the Hella below.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Pablo Pérez-Fuentes Ramos

Dec 26, 2018
    Castro-Urdiales
    Full Name:
    Pablo Pérez-Fuentes Ramos
    Hi, thanks for your response. I had read the whole post.

I was yesterday looking for that reference of Hella 2JA 001 355 001 but I did not find any.

I asked him in case someone had this reference located. I'll keep looking.

Greetings and I'm sorry for my English.

6. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    This is a good light to use a LED replacement bulb. Those festoon bulbs get pretty hot. I found some on Ebay that have a nice warm glow if you don't like harsh lighting.

7. russh

russh Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Russell Hazarian
    Hi, is the interior dome light for 246 GT the same as the 246 GTS interior lower lights switches. The reason that I am asking is because my dome light on the 246 GT pivots left to right, not like the one pictured. Were there two different styles, or was mine replaced using a newer replacement type. I tried searching this forum, but I didn't find anything. I haven't been successful in finding any pictures of a dome light for a 246 GT. Thank you.