Interior Re-dye cost | FerrariChat

Interior Re-dye cost

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by Schumi, Apr 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    Has anyone had their entire interior re-dyed? If so, could you let me know the cost? Also, did you have to remove all the interior parts, or can it be done with everything in-place?

Thank you

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Daren,

To do a proper and respectable job I would think that you would need to remove the interior. Although the 365/400/412 is "spacious" compared to other models, there would be a lot of gymnastics involved to properly redye all of the cracks and crevices of the interior. Removing the entire interior... and here I am assuming by "entire interior" excludes the dash, console sides, and the rear deck... is not that complicated and does not take very long. It took me less than 2 hours to remove the interior from my 365... and this was the first time I did this... and I was bagging and labeling other items along the way. With that said I think removing the interior is the way to go and I believe that the result will be much better.

Cheers,

Sam

3. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

1500 for everything on my testarossa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Schumi

Schumi Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 5, 2002
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Daren
    It looks like removing the seats, both front and rear would allow access to nearly everything else without removal.

I am surprised at the cost - in a good way. While my leather is original, it is not torn or in bad shape, aside from the sticky bits.

Natkingcolebasket69 - did you do a color change or stick with the original dye color? I ask as I would really like a more cognac (darker tan) color than the light tan, almost yellow color it is now. I think the cognac would go much better with the black exterior. However, I'd hate to ruin its originality.