Interview to all collectors here | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Interview to all collectors here

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by urraco, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Thanks for posting the pics. It looks good so far. I was working on one but gave up when the hood fell off. I know! So bad of me, poor model is in the kitchen somewhere.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Well thanks, but it ain't perfect: That air duct in the front is way too big. I have to get better tools to make smaller cuts for things like this.

Also the paint job is now rather shall we say 'race battered'...But the overall look of the car is pretty much as it should be.

Just like that white 360 spider: Look at it from a distance...
    :)

3. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Yeah....looks cool Andreas.
    Post more pix when its done, I'm gonna put MY F50 back together right now, so I'll post pix of the "new" F50 - very soon :)
    I'm attaching a pic from the progess as well.....

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    A pink F50. Barbie will love it!
    :)

5. F355guy

F355guy Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Full Name:
    John P.
    Andreas, I'm sure it will turn out fine. You have pm.

Pink ferrari? I think its dust from the wood? I might be wrong.

6. 250lm

250lm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niels Schouten
    I started to collect little Matchbox cars (1/64) as long as I can remember. It shifted to 1/43 collectable models when I was about 13-14 when my father took me to a model car fair. First one I bought there was a black Daytona Spyder of RIO, which indeed had to be black like the Miami Vice car!

When I was 16 I found a Cavallino magazine in the local bookstore and got hooked to that as well, leaving me with approximately 600 Ferrari magazines and thousands of articles cut from general car magazines like C&D and R&T.

The models I have are approximately 150 Ferraris and some 75 racecars of Dutch drivers. Last buy were two Spykers of Le Mans 2002 and 2003 made by Replicars. Most 'proud' I am on almost every car, but a special I like is the Rainbow made by Technica 43 from Japan.

I am on my third car at the moment (still a student) and drive a 1990 Nissan Sunny Coupe, which for the moment is my little Ferrari ;-).

Niels

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i've had little 1:64 Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars since i was a kid; can't remember how little i was... Probably had them before i could walk... The first 1:18 model i ever had was a blue Bugatti EB110; first 1:18 Ferrari was a red 360 Modena... Some of my models have been given to me (F40, Gus; 355 C, Jerry, etc.), some were purchased from toy stores and some were found after long, near-hopeless searches... i love all of them, equally...
    i have 50-something; 52 or 53 (24 1:18 Ferraris), i'm not sure... i have well over 100 models if you count all scales... My latest 1:18 model was a 355 Challenge that Slag_328GTS gave to me... Thanks, Jerry! Right now i have a 1:1 Chrysler Sebring...

That pink F50 is awesome...!

8. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Hi,

#1 Age then_12 Current Age_26
    #2 The first was a red Bburago F40, I got it as a gift when I was 12. I like my F355's the most, especially the silver F355 spider with tan interior and hood and my yellow GTS with black/yellow challenge seats. I'm always searching for other color combinations… I especially would like to have a black or azurro F355 GTS. Does that exist in scale 1/18? Any tips are more then welcome. I'm not that good and haven't got much time for airbrush :( otherwise I'ld make one myself.
    # 3 I've got 45 now, 7 of them are different F355's.
    My latest is a 250 GT California Spider.
    #4 My current 1/1 car is a '99 Fiat Bravo GT.

Greets, Alex.

9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Yes, thanks for the correction. My fingers got ahead of my brain...

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Oh, that's quite familiar to me: How do I know what I'm thinking before I read what I'm writing?

11. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    #36 urraco, Mar 19, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    hey Eric W , I just re-read your answers about a Maisto Diablo being your first scalemodel.....Mine too!!!! is it yellow? about 91-92?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    I got started like 4years ago or something.was around 15 then now im 19.
    It all started with me surfing the net and sudently i see a McLaren F1 in 1:18 scale..i was so suprised..back then i only knew that bburago made 1:18 cars so seing an F1 but UT was awesome. So i bought that car and that kinda got me started....so a silver McLaren F1 by UT was my first car.
    The car a like the most in my collection is probably is the F1 LM...i jsut love the car maybe not perfect in detail compared to kyosho but the car is just awesome!
    Right now i have like 15cars or something..not that many..oh well...
    My latest was the Lamborgihini Murcielago by autoart..
    Since im a just a student i dont ahve a 1:1 car yet but i am acutally thinking of buying the new Audi S3 or something when it comes out.

that all!

13. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    LOL - pink ferrari?? haha NO, thats actually a red one with primer...but pink was no bad idea at all.
    Cheers

Paul
    www.SuperCarCrash.com

14. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    1. I've been a car nut since the age of 4....My dad has always been an F1 and sportscar fan, I have him to thank for my passion. He was buying me matchbox and hotwheels cars from a very young age.
    2. the 1/18 bug bit me at 15 when I got 2 buragos as gifts 57TR and 84TR. I have 94 1/18 Ferraris and ONLY Ferraris!!! And I appreciate them all!!! My lastest was the black Enzo.
    3. My real life car is my reliable and bulletproof Civic.....