Introduce Yourself... | Page 17 | FerrariChat

Introduce Yourself...

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by rob lay, Aug 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks
    It looks like you will add some more interesting experience to Av-Chat. I have never talked to anyone who flew the Ventura/B-34. We had one at Hondo in 1944 to train navigators and they were quite an airplane.

2. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #402 s52, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just realized theres an aviation board here awesome!

I started flying when I was 17... got my PPL. Went off to college and obtained my instrument, commercial and multi engine ratings flying 172s, arrows, and seminoles.

After school joined the Air National Guard. Went off to AF/Navy pilot training and flew the T-6A and the TC-12B (king air)

First assignment was C-130's for 4 years, then transferred units... now on the KC-10.

Have a BE20, L382, and DC10 type rating. Planning on getting my ATP/737 type this fall so I can start sending in apps to the airlines...

-Christian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

rob lay likes this.
  3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As a C-130 engineer, welcome!

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #404 TimN88, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Are you standing on the wing of the aircraft affectionately known as "El Diablo"(tail 666)? Cant tell if thats 666 or 668, if there even is an XL 668. If so, I flew that ship a few times, including a solo. Fortunately for me, it didn't live up to its reputation of breaking.

5. s52

s52 Karting

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yep sure was El Diablo!!! :)

I sure lucked out getting my solo tail assignment! haha

What class were you? I was 09-14 at XL

6. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    As many here, I've been a member of fchat for a while, but never noticed this forum.

Always loved flying, started in R/c as a kid, graduated from embry-riddle in '05.
    I wasn't interested in instructing or banner towing, so never acquired enough hours to get a job. But i did get a A&P and worked of planes for a few years and have been employed as a Enroute controller with the FAA for the past decade.
    I fly when i can but with young kids, wont be buying a plane for a few years.

If anyone has any ATC questions, as least related to center, feel free to PM me.

7. kurtflies12

kurtflies12 Karting

Aug 13, 2015
    Tx
    I'm new to this page also. I started flying in 1964 and still fly a little. Currently have a MU2 Cessna 180 and a T33. Looking for a nice Super Cub. I have owned a T28 Mooney and Cessna 195. Never met a plane that I did not like. Or a car , or a motorcycle=)
    Kurt

8. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    T33, nice! I have many fond memories of flying that airplane.

9. kurtflies12

kurtflies12 Karting

Aug 13, 2015
    Tx
    #409 kurtflies12, Sep 14, 2015
  10. DocRogers

DocRogers Karting

Oct 11, 2015
    Maine
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Started flying - and stopped again - in 1984. Came back to it 20 years later and got my ticket in October 2004. I had a 150 for a year, then moved up to a 182, which I still have. Started on my instrument rating and stopped when my daughter was born due to lack of time. I still fly, though not as much as I'd like.

11. 360HB

360HB Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 10, 2016
    Hi, Guy's / Gals.

My Name is Tom I'm 33 and I am very new here. Currently shopping for a 360.

Ratings are: Private/Multi/Instrument A&P

I Started flying in 2012. Started a part 141 flight school in late 2014 at KSNA, and also own a part 135 charter operation also at KSNA. I own a few aircraft (pa-28's and pa-30b) and a REDBIRD FMX (full motion) simulator.

Cheers!

12. bspellerin

bspellerin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2011
    Hermon, Maine
    Full Name:
    Brian Pellerin
    #412 bspellerin, Dec 5, 2016
    Hello, well it took 27 years between my first solo and my private pilots ticket, but I finally got it done.

For a little background, my dad got his private pilot license in 1973 when I was 7, his first plane was a 1964 Cherokee 180, N7693W. I used to go up with him all the time, I was a good copilot until the noise and vibration put me to sleep, waking up on touch down usually. That plane made 2 trips from Maine to Oshkosh, I was able to go on the second trip in 1980. I found a recent picture of her taken this year, still a great plane.

In 1985, my dad upgraded to a 1977 Archer II, N1461H, this is the plane that I soloed in 1989. Coincidently, this was for sale this past summer when I was in the market, unfortunately it was a bit pricey for my first entry. I would have been great to be able to have her come full circle though.

I work overseas in Nigeria and on my first trip here last March, I rode on a bus from the hotel to the airport with some guys that work for my company in our Aviation Dept. I started talking to the only guy that didn't have his pilots license and mentioned that I'd love to pick it back up again. As we both live in the DFW area he mentioned that there was an accelerated program at Addison so I said that I'd check it out.

When I returned home I drove up to KADS and signed up. Had a bit of trouble with the 3rd class medical as I had melanoma surgery in January and it took the FAA 3 months to finally bless me, so off I went to finish my lessons.

Between my 28/28 rotation schedule, I flew and looked for a suitable starter plane, located one close by, purchased it, took my written and then back to Nigeria. Returned home on 26 October, the plane, just out of a fresh annual was deliver to my buddy's house at an awesome fly-in community (Eagles Nest) in Midlothian, 1.5 miles from my house.

My instructor and I took it up a couple of times to get me checked out and a current endorsement in my log, got re-acquainted with the Piper and scheduled my check ride for Saturday, 5 November. Passed that, just in a nick of time too. My Dad, who'll be 85 this month, and my 3 older brothers flew down from Maine (Jet Blue) for a visit 2 days later.

My father sold N1461H in 1998 and hadn't been up in a GA plane since then, so I was proud and happy to introduce him to N8447W, a 1965 PA-28 180C. It's kind of funny that my first plane, 43 years after my dad bought his first plane, is only 1 year newer. Regardless, he was absolutely thrilled. I'm hoping he'll return in February so we can relive old memories, just in different seats.

My wife has been very supportive and has enjoyed the 3 flights we got to take before I headed back to work. Anxious to get back home and up in the air. I have the plane at Mid-Way airport (KJWY) 8 miles from home, in a shared hanger with a Cirrus SR20, a mid 1940's Waco and absolutely gorgeous but derelict 1938 Beech Staggerwing.

I have N308QV for the registration on hold with the FAA, just in case.

Brian

Christian.Fr likes this.
  13. u2driver

u2driver Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    SoCal
    #413 u2driver, Jan 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    Hi all. Here via F-chat in the search for a 360 or 430. Was browsing through the other forums and noticed this one! Perfect! Seems like a good community of both car and aviation enthusiasts here.

As far as aviation goes, I liked it so much that I made it my career. As you can probably gather from the user name, I fly an old black jet for a living and can't imagine doing anything else for the time being. Looking forward to being a part of this part of the community and hoping to add a Ferrari to the garage this year.

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    will have to look, but we have at least one and maybe a couple other U2 pilots (retired). very cool!

15. u2driver

u2driver Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    SoCal
    That's great! I might have met them at the reunion back when I got hired a few years ago.

16. ducrob

ducrob Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2011
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Rob
    You guys make me jealous! I am not licensed but have screwed around in training aircraft. I have based my travelling around aviation museums and...eh....I collect aviation art and WW2 German aircraft parts. There...I said it This behaviour made a bunch of ex girlfriends insane.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Not all of us are pilots, but we are all aviation nuts! The forum is worth it for the wit and wisdom of Bob Parks, if for nothing else. Oh, and for LouB747's great from-the-flight-deck photography.

18. u2driver

u2driver Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    SoCal
    Doesn't matter if you're licensed or not!

19. jheppner

jheppner Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2009
    NY
    So ive been on and off of the forums just because of time constraints but im trying to be more active. Huge Ferrari enthusiast. Former Wall Streeter(4 years) gone US Army AH-64 pilot. My wife’s first words to me when I accepted the pilot slot was “you know you’ll never have your ferrari if you go this route right?”. I harped on that as a goal for a long time. Its ok, ill play the lottery. Originally from the NYC area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. u2driver

u2driver Rookie

Jan 22, 2018
    SoCal
    Sameish. Worked for one of the major computer companies everyone knows and left to fly planes on a whim. Best decision I ever made. Recently joined the Italian car club (that other brand), I ended up deciding that the first Ferrari I want is the 458 so it’s going to be a few more years... but that being said I bought mine on an active duty salary, no lottery winnings and conservative investing. It’s possible

21. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    I got my Dino 246 when I was a 1st Lt WSO in F-111Ds in 1975. Took a few sacrifices.

22. Zisky

Zisky Rookie

May 12, 2018
    Long Island NY
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Hello All,
    My favorite group of people to talk to, Pilots! Retired Air Traffic Controller from ZNY, just bought my first Ferrari , a 2013 California.

Never got my pilots license but have been up in Grumman Tigers , Beach Binanzas and all sorts of Jets.

rob lay and joker57676 like this.
  23. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

That's funny.... Pitrack... ha...

Zisky likes this.
  24. Bob Parks

Bob Parks F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2003
    Shoreline,Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Parks