Invitation to Cars and Coffee, Tulsa | FerrariChat

Invitation to Cars and Coffee, Tulsa

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by mrdezyne, Mar 11, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hello fellow Euro-gearheads...

My name is Curt and I represent BMW Motorsports of Oklahoma. I would like to invite anyone in the Tulsa area (or anyone willing to drive to the Tulsa area) to join us at Cars and Coffe begining Saturday, March 20th, and continuing each month on the third Saturday of the month.

Location is at 61st and Yale in the Kingspoint Village shopping center parking lot. Starbucks is our supplier of hot joe and breakfast munchies. Attendance is always free and will remain such. We are trying to provide a repeating event that caters to European sports models, but all makes and models are welcome. Last event was in December and we had close to 40 vehicles ranging from BMW, Porsche, Lamborghini, Mini, and Jag.

Time to gather is between 9am and noon in the parking area in front of Starbucks.

Hope to see some of you there, the sun is starting to shine and the grass is turning green, all we need is more excuses to get our favorite toys out on the road to enjoy them.

Curt

2. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Sounds like fun!! I'll have to plan on one of those Saturdays when my Vette gets done being rebuilt.

3. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
    Curt,

I think this sounds like a great idea, although I believe there is a car show or sorts in Tulsa that weekend. I only know because an exhibitor has asked to have my 430 there as their display...

I don't know about others, but might want to pick a different weekend....

Just my .02

4. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    If you are refering to the ArbuckleGroup tour, you are correct. I think on the 20th they are planning a show of sorts for their exotic members, or rather members who own exotics :). Saturday morning they will be headed out to Hallet for a day on the track. Not sure if the track is open to spectators or not but I might make a trip out there to find out. Sounds like a fun event. I think they will be staying at the HardRock in Catoosa.

I will post reminders each month, a week or two before the C&C event. I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know this is going on and you are all welcome to attend when you can.

FYI on that Arbucklerun:

http://www.thearbucklegroup.com/

5. Janzen

Janzen Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2005
    Oklahoma/Texas
    Full Name:
    Janzen
    I'm game- if I'm in town I'll make it, sounds like a great get together.

6. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Congrats to Ferrari at Bahrain this weekend!! Is this the start of yet another season domination? My poor Sauber team is looking weak, time will tell...

So this is a bump for Cars&Coffee this Saturday from 9 to 12 at 61st and Yale at the Kingspoint Villiage.

See you guys there... weather permitting...

7. GrayTA

GrayTA F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2006
    Deep South
    Full Name:
    PDG
    Sounds like fun. If I can ever make the drive up from Lawton I would love to join you guys!!!

PDG

8. paulfromtulsa

paulfromtulsa Rookie

Dec 25, 2009
    any idea where the show will be in tulsa?

9. m.roberts

m.roberts Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2009
    USA
  10. paulfromtulsa

paulfromtulsa Rookie

Dec 25, 2009
    i will probably come by the cars and coffee. matt what booth is your car going to be at? you can roll with me up to starbucks if you want to.

11. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    #11 mrdezyne, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    Its really great to see a response from you guys, thanks for your support. This will be our second official meet (third unofficial) so be prepared, it will not resemble the Cali version yet... :) http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417485
    But as we get rolling and the word spreads, more and more will start to show and we will gain momentum.

This location was selected as a central meeting place and actually does not provide a lot of room for growth, so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to pass them my way, the only requirements are a nice large parking lot with little use during the early Saturday morning, and a coffee supply close by.

Just checked the trusty iphone for the weather update, leave it up to OK weather to screw things up. Looks like a chance of rain with a high of 50 during the day, cooling off with a chance of freakin snow that evening! I thought spring was here?! Of course Friday is sunny and close to 70. If anyone has a favor they can call in please give it consideration.

I will watch the weather this week and give a final call on late Thursday or Friday morning to let you know if we will push this till the following weekend, March 27th. Stay tuned!

12. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I can unfortunately not make it. I have a secret trip this weekend which may affect some members of Fchat.

Watch for me next time around.

13. paulfromtulsa

paulfromtulsa Rookie

Dec 25, 2009
    why dont you do the meet on sunday? the weather will be better and i think more people could show up .

14. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    No need in waiting to call this one, with highs in the mid 30's and a 70 percent chance of rain, the C&C meet scheduled for this Saturday has been moved out one week to the 27th. Same location (61st & Yale, Kingspoint), same time (9am-noonish).

Hopefully this frees up a few more participants for C&C. I know there was a couple other events planned for this weekend that were keeping people busy, Auto-X, Arbucklerun, Tulsa Car show...

***This will be the rule of thumb from here on, if the weather is bad enough to cancel the scheduled meet on the 3rd Saturday of the month, it will automatically be pushed one week to the following Saturday. Trying to make this simple to remember so you don't have to keep track of a calendar somewhere for meet times and changes.

15. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Those of you that are Facebookers can now keep track of meets via our new FB page.

Search "Caffiene and Gasoline Tulsa" and join up as you have time. Hopefully this will be a useful tool to keep everyone on the same page with happenings and info.

Thanks again for FC support!

16. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    I dont have a exotic or even a sports car but would like to meet you guys and see your rides.

17. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    I wish we were just getting rain here but they are calling for two to four inches of snow here!!

18. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    We all survived the storm and the upcoming weekend is looking perfect for our first springtime gathering.
    Get those tires spit shined and those exhaust tips ready to roar, we are GO for Cars and Coffee in Tulsa this coming Saturday the 27th!

See you all there.

Curt

19. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Curt,

I will try and make it but it will have to be in a Mercedes E63. The Lambo and Porsches are not ready for a meet.
    Deon.

20. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Deon,
    are you active with the PCA in this area? There are a couple other members that will be there Saturday morning, John Shafer, Steve Canada, and possibly Jay. They have a weekly Saturday morning breakfast and then come over after that. I'm sure the Merc will do just fine, I'll have to rock the mighty Miata Saturday since I'm in the middle of paint and an S/C install on the BMW... Come on out and meet a few of the crew anyway, we are still a young group and just trying to spread the word and interest.

21. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Curt,

Is this your second year of doing this?

Randy

22. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Hey Randy,
    This may have been attempted before but I could not find any information of one that is currently going on in the Tulsa area.
    We had a very small meet in November and one other much larger meet in December, that is our history to date. We held out through Jan and Feb to get through the cold months and wanted to start up again this month when the weather was a little more forgiving, like 8 inches of snow forgiving, whatever.

It looks like we have a crew coming up from OKC to join us Saturday morning, mostly BMW's but maybe a Lotus as well.

We are still a go and hope to see many of you there, if not this month make plans for next!

23. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Thanks Curt,

24. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Is Saturday still a go didnt know if weather was going to hold out

25. mrdezyne

mrdezyne Karting

Mar 11, 2010
    BA
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Yes, we are still on for Saturday morning. Have a small group coming up from OKC, several others I know of from PCA, and whatever word of mouth brings out.

The rain and clouds are not supposed to move in until later in the day.

I'll be there at 9am waiting on you guys. I'm the medium white guy with a scruff of fur on his chin, suppose that could be any number of people...

Reminder, we are on Facebook now, just search "Gasoline Tulsa" (will explain later)