Ipod Adapter Installation for 360...PICS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ipod Adapter Installation for 360...PICS

Discussion in '360/430' started by brokenarrow, May 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. boraville

boraville Formula Junior

May 7, 2008
    Livingston, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bora Sultan
    Tuan,

Thank you for the info. He didnt mention that to me. I will call. $600 sounds like a great deal for a bluetooth unit.

B

2. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Hey Bora, how's it going with the new RPM face? All good I'm sure. Thanks for the comments...

Man, that bluetooth is pretty cool. If anyone gets that unit, please post it up as I'd love to see it.

Just an update; I spent a good hour plus driving around today running errands listening to my I-Pod. I know it's petty, but I really like the set-up and my tunes playing constantly.

Cheers~

3. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    #28 enzo thecat, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    See if you can tell which strap is keeping my head unit from coming out far enough and what I should do. Thanks.

Also, notice the back of my unit is different than yours.

e
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #29 wahoowa, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    Enzo, is that a fastener of some kind protruding from the center rear of your radio - connecting to the frame bracing? Mine, like Bill BA's, just slid out. Maybe this needs to be released somehow?

Also, did you climb under the dash to take those pics :D Holy moly if you did, I am impressed - you must yoga!

5. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    #30 enzo thecat, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
    1. It is not connected to the frame bracket. I know this because I can pull it out the entire length of the radio but then it stops. It stops just short of where I can see the connectors. No way would I be able to plug something in.

That center protrusion is like a "bumper" I think to stop vibrations. It fits into a rubber lined hole in the frame bracket. Its a bit*h to line up correctly to get the radio back in. The first time I tried, I though I was screwed.

2. Yeah, I did. My knees hurt. This is the second time I've had to do this. The first time was to see what the hell was going on when I tried to pull out the unit. That's when I saw all the straps.

3. I'm glad I impressed someone today. Today sucked and I've dealt mostly with misguided, obtuse, people. Can't wait for the weekend.

6. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Okay bud, great pics and thanks for taking them.

1. The protruding black piece fits in the guide/support hole when you slide the unit into its place.
    2. I see tape that does NOT appear to be manufacturer spec; silver duct tape and some white tape.
    3. I also see the same ties I had on my unit.
    4. The cables seem wound around each other (the bundles).

1. When you put the release keys in place and pull the radio, where do you see it catching exactly?
    2. I am guessing that tape and two bundles being wound around each other may have something to do with it. Can you confirm?
    3. Do not pull on any of the bundles or wires.
    4. I suggest enlisting the services of a significant other. After putting the keys in and pulling the unit slightly, have them take over while you investigate the underside.

In the meantime, I'll take a pic of the underside of mine and post it for you.

7. wahoowa

wahoowa F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2008
    _East Coast_
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Bill's spot on...been looking at the thing as well..
    In pic #1, directly below the "nut" there is, what looks like a two conductor wire leaving the head unit...is it taped to another cable (have no clue what it is...). If it is taped, you have the symptoms you describe when pulling out the head unit.....

8. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    To address you comments:

1. Can you turn the unit side ways slightly to unplug the connector? That's what I did.
    2. To insert the male end of the alignment/support protrusion, use your thumbs on the keys while holding the unit to move the unit vertically--like a see-saw.

3. We are impressed, but will really be impressed when it's in the car and working.

9. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Its not duct tape. The reflection from the flash changes it. Its black electrical tape I think. The white is a label if I remember correctly.

Well, I'll have to go up in the attic and get the kit again. The keys are with the kit. I may work on it this weekend. Jimshadow is a friend of mine and he is really handt. He was coming over anyway because we are going to look at a Ferrari Panerai watch that is for sale here.

Since you are not to concerned, I am willing to give it another try. Thanks for your support!

10. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Definitely can NOT turn the unit sideways. Its not even close.

11. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    #36 brokenarrow, May 21, 2009
    I took several pics from a couple of angles, and even traced one of the cables. There is no silver or white tape anywhere under my dash. Also, note the lack of ties. I only cut away two or three, but none really hampered my ability too much. I just like to have clear access. I'm pretty confident you have some other work under there.

I'll PM you my phone number if you want to call and chat about it while you're working on it. I'll go out to my car and compare notes...

12. enzo thecat

enzo thecat F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 27, 2008
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Enzo Thecat
    Awesome. I just PM'd Jim and this was his response:

"""""Order it up....LETS DO IT!!!

We can even hide the wire so it just pops out where you need it. Should'nt be too hard. (I used to install stereos... )

Let me know!

JIM """"""

It will get done! Can't wait!

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Seriously, it's worth your effort. I'd love to see the cable hidden set-up too. I may do it too.

I can take mine out and work through it with you guys on the phone.

You got mail...

14. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM

If there is a will, there is a way! We'll figure it out Enzo! :)

JIM

15. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Looks nice Bill----I just had a similar cable installed in the Bimmer to run it thru the iDrive system on the Nav screen. Now get those window switches and buttons cleaned up, I see the stickiness is starting on them!! :D

16. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Uh-hem. Uh, well, I was, I mean, damn! Busted! Yeah, I've been dragging my feet on that one. It's funny you bring it up as while driving around yesterday the sun made them as sticky as gum on a summer day. So, they will be getting it done this weekend for sure. I just was wondering what to with the window emblem on each of the button panels--they will be going away I suppose.

Good work on the BMW by the way. I have one in my Lexus LS460L and love using it. However, the car does have a factory plug but can't be controlled from the stereo system. I just ordered a new 7 series and it can be controlled by the head unit--can't wait for it.

I'll post the cleaning of the buttons. I'm working on a radar detector comparison too, so too many projects going on over here.

17. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    #42 thoang, Jun 4, 2009
  18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Wow! Great pictures. I am loving that red/black combination on your Ipod. It is so nice getting into the car and not having to listen to radio. Thanks for sharing...

19. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    #44 djastral69, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    I just received my adapter today from Becker autosound. I have it installed and what button do I push for 8 seconds or what is the procedure. Thanks guys!!!

20. mv4

mv4 Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    So. Cal
    Has anyone tried to use this with the Iphone 3gS, and does it work?

21. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    ok, got it working. As per the 3gs, I had mine running fine and charging as well. I would imagine that the 3gs should be fine as well

22. thoang

thoang Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 12, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Tuan Hoang
    #47 thoang, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    This did not work with my 3G iphone. I may have to take a look at it again. BTW, I had to turn the treble down on my Becker all the way down. There was too much hiss. To compensate, I turned the EQ on my Ipod to boost treble. Now everything is perfect.

23. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    I didn't have any hiss? I am very happy with the quality of sound not to mention iPod capabilities in less than ten minutes!

24. Dean Lewis

Dean Lewis Formula Junior

May 16, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    Full Name:
    Dean Lewis
    thats a nice addition :)

25. djastral69

djastral69 Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Fl
    Full Name:
    David
    Yeah, it's nice to know that we have that option. I was just thinking that I sure would like to have the option of the iPod and BrokenArrow came through with his discovery of BeckerAutosound.com. That's what makes this forum So Great!!!!