Ipod Adapter Installation for 360...PICS | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Ipod Adapter Installation for 360...PICS

Discussion in '360/430' started by brokenarrow, May 19, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 808Forza

808Forza Formula Junior
    Owner

Jan 5, 2013
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Gil
    Has anyone tried this cable with an iPhone 5 and adapter? Thanks in advance!

2. ahmadof

ahmadof Rookie

Mar 27, 2011
    I just ordered the cable and will be trying to install tomorrow. I think I have everything in order. Thanks for the pics. The one thing I did not see mentioned in three years worth of info :) is what to do with the cd changer plugs after disconnecting. Is there room behind the head unit to leave it there ?

3. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    you can just zip tie them to the main set of wires to keep them from bouncing around.

4. ahmadof

ahmadof Rookie

Mar 27, 2011
    #104 ahmadof, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Installed the Becker cable. It was really a 15 min job. It does NOT charge any of my iPods , old , new FireWire / USB , pre voltage change, post, etc. It looked like it was charging an iPhone 4S one time I plugged it in, but never again. I will call Becker auto sound- ? Faulty cable. It really makes it a no oh for me because I was going to use tube2air and without power, obviously does not work.

One note , I only had to insert the removal tools about 3/4 in into the headunit, nowhere near all the way in. Then I felt it release and the headunit came out easy. Also in my 2003 , ( mexico pro?) you don't push the tp button to get to the menu to turn aux on, it's the (*) button, then you will see aux

I saw this connector when I unplugged the cd changer. Does anyone know what it is?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. ahmadof

ahmadof Rookie

Mar 27, 2011
    #105 ahmadof, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. dbonvillain

dbonvillain Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2012
    Boulder
    IIRC when I installed that cable, I had to run one of the pins into where the bluetooth was for power? I cant remember exactly, but know that I had to yank one of the other pins when doing my ipod connector to get the full powered functionality I was after...and the bluetooth sounded horrible in the Scud anyway, so not a big loss.

7. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #107 Kevin Rev'n, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    It's a stock connector that was also not used on my 2003 car without CD changer. I assumed it was for the changer. I am curious too.
    Just looked at my manual and it could be for the optional phone.

8. gobble

gobble Formula 3
    Owner Regional Sponsor

Jan 29, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Ferrarifobs.com
    I have one of these cables sitting in a drawer if anyone is looking for a good deal....

9. ahmadof

ahmadof Rookie

Mar 27, 2011
    So, I finished this off. It really should be a 15 min job. It's insanely easy. I see a lot of supposed 15 min jobs that take me 1.5 hours. The cable I got from Becker autosound was defective. They shipped a new one. In the meantime, I ordered the cable from discountcarstereo
    iP-BKR2
    It works beautifully. Charges, very nice sound, no static. Also, it is a one pice cable, no box inline like the becker. So, it's so easy to route to the glovebox. You don't need to hide the box anywhere. I also added the ipwave to the end. This allows streaming from any device. i have tested with. I think this is the way to go for anyone who wants the stock look. The sound is as good as you will get without replacing the system. No song titles / control. If yiou have multiple cars, this is easy, just get a bunch of the ipwaves and you just have to update your phone to get new songs on.

I can attest this combo works for a 2003, 360 with Becker mexico pro CD.

Now to call stickies no more to fix those window switches.

10. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

I was thinking of put a SD card reader into the system but couldn't get by any idea

have any one on this forum done this before?

11. RotarySwingGolf

RotarySwingGolf Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2011
    Florida and Idaho
    #111 RotarySwingGolf, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
    Just an FYI, the discountcarstereo site that ahmadof mentioned has a Bluetooth setup for the Becker as well that I just ordered today. It uses the Tranzlt Blu setup which I have in my golf cart and it works great there, so I'm hoping it works equally well in the car.

The install is the same with the wiring harness, but you have to tap power somewhere for the Tranzlt unit. Does anyone know the best switched hot line under there? Ideally the same one that goes to the radio, if someone has a schematic, that would be awesome!

Once I get that and get her installed, I'll post a review up here for those considering Bluetooth and not have to deal with the short Becker cables.

EDIT-- Looks like Lucky Number 7 for switched power - http://www.***********.com/forums/modern-v8s-360-f430/9201-using-ipod-stock-2004-a.html

Ahh geez, looks like the url of the OTHER ferrari forum gets blocked. Anyway, google something like "ferrari 360 becker schematic" and you'll find what you need for switchable power... Should have it installed next week.

12. cm2

cm2 Formula 3

Sep 26, 2012
    SF Bay
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    There should be a wiring diagram on top of the stock head unit if I recall correctly. If not the becker site had the manual with a chart.

13. Alcartlidge

Alcartlidge Rookie

Mar 7, 2014
  14. weebz69

weebz69 Karting

Jul 11, 2014
    Gilbert AZ
    Full Name:
    Jason W.
    Ok I need some help. First my keys are stuck in the radio. I even tried pulling em out with some pliers and am a frade of braking them off in it. Second thing how do I program the radio they never sent me instructions.

15. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Wiggle not force - see post 81 - who are 'they' and which radio ? If its a Becker download from Becker Autosound Website - also maybe post 73

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    When the radio is out, press inward on the blue metal springs on each side of the radio until they release their grip on the keys. As above, beckerautosound.com > service > download manuals