Iran's new fighter jet - designed entirely in Iran | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Iran's new fighter jet - designed entirely in Iran

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by Tcar, Aug 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    As a matter of fact I have read it. I love it and I love discussing it. I don't agree with everything the author claims but I do think he is more knowledgable on the subject than anyone else. For example, I don't agree that some civilizations advanced more than others simply based on "food". I see where it played a role but we also live in a time where "food" has been readily available to most people around the world for centuries including Iran..... so what's the problem then? Like I said, we went from horse and buggy to landing on the moon in 60 years. 60 years ago was 1958. Not that long. More than enough time for the rest of the planet to catch up.

Yes, I agree with you..... Capitalism is reason.

Boomhauer and Formula Uno like this.
  2. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    OK. 60 years ago was 1958. Many of those countries are still riding camels. In fact, I think a lot of countries have regressed in the past 20 years. I blame rampant corruption. Fly over Mexico and Cuba..... there's nothing there except of the coasts and even then it's just resorts.

I do'n/t want to debate either but in 1918 the United States was still mostly "horse and buggy".

Boomhauer and Formula Uno like this.
  3. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    Great Posts Jason and I enjoy talking with you!:)

I also think that the greatest reason for a halt to Arab progress (regression) was because of Islam, because EVERYTHING in life is because of and is the result of God's will.
    Science and independent thought became a blasphemy so Arab progress in science, medicine, etc came to a halt. Too bad since Arabs were very advanced in those fields.

Boomhauer likes this.
  4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The original "Panama Red"

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Wow this thread derailed pretty quickly. Not sure how Arabs got involved as Persians/Iranians are completely separate than the Arab people. And the talk of camels? How many people have been to Iran in this thread? Most live in Tehran and northern Iran, which is just another major city and it's surrounded by snow capped mountains and not desert (lots of European tourists go snow skiing there). And most people are not actual Islamic there as their government likes to claim (along with a lot of other ridiculous statistics). A lot US innovation actually was done by people with backgrounds from other countries looking for more opportunities to apply their skills and this country was built on immigration. A lot of innovations done here can be tracked back to nearly every other country on earth thanks to that.

6. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    I know ALLOT of Iranians who now here in NYC and I found them to be extremely smart, friendly, and modern thinking people. I will speak for myself and say that if I speak ill of Iran, I am referring to the Mullahs, Military Hierarchy, and like-minded (Islamist) people.

It's such as shame because I am told that the average Iranian IS modern thinking and would like nothing better than overthrowing the Ayatollahs.

PS: they never refer to themselves as "Iranian" they always say that they are "Persian.";)

islerodreaming and INRange like this.
  7. Jason Crandall

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Hmm... I wonder why they're building their own fighter jet then?

8. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    I think that we know the reason for that and luckily our president does too...unlike his predecessor who essentially paid the bill for the manufacture of the fighter program;)

Iran (Islamists) wants to play in the big leagues, control the middle East, and wipe Israel off the map. For the sake of the good people in Iran I hope that they reel it back but it doesn’t look that way.

Back to the wall, Israel will obliterate them before they know what hit them, neverminnd what the USA can do to them if we choose to.

Doesn’t look good but time will tell

9. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Look at the Iran/Iraq War if you want to see how messy anything over there will be.

10. Formula Uno

Formula Uno F1 Veteran

Oct 8, 2008
    New York City
    And that was 30 years ago between 2 relatively primitive armies.....imagine now with advancements in weapons and technology?