Is a dirty Ferrari ok? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Is a dirty Ferrari ok?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by dandpl, Aug 8, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #51 JazzyO, Aug 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I did wash it directly after this pic was taken! Believe it or not, this was only a 40 mile drive on tarred roads. Bloody farmers putting mud on the road....

Onno
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Thankfully you gave that baby a wash! Nothing wrong with driving our cars, but keeping them looking good is part of the fun too isn't it?

I mean, what must the minions think of those of us with dirty Ferrari's........................................................................................................................................................:)

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Glad I don't live anywhere in your area. :D:D

My car gets extremely dusty out here. That's about it, I only wash it every few months because once I start driving the dust blows straight off. :D:D

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I love that pic, Brock ;)

5. whturner

whturner Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2003
    Western Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Warren Turner
    Looks like a a serious machine, not a toy!

6. michael platzer

michael platzer F1 Veteran

Nov 12, 2003
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Michael Platzer
    #56 michael platzer, Sep 15, 2011
  7. no8080

no8080 Karting

May 5, 2011
    Uk
    #57 no8080, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
    I found my 360 in the rear parking lot of a performance car dealer, all wet and dirty from the rain. It had been left out for a while and looked pretty miserable compared to the rest of the dealers nice clean cars in the showroom.

It was one of the reason I bought it, I passed by it twice and never noticed it. It was only when I was talking to the sales man inside over the ferraris in the showroom and he mentioned he had another one outside that was in my price range that I saw it. It does help that it is in silver as well. I liked the fact it did not stand out too much and looked at home in all weather.

I was amazed it started with no issues as it had obviously been left out in the cold for several days, after all I have heard that ferraris don't work in the wet.

At first I kept it as a garage queen, but quickly realised there was no point keeping her locked up, I enjoy driving her too much, my car is dirty right now, 2 trips this week and meant it is covered in bug splats at the front and mud over the rear quarters. She has a fair few staone chips on the front as well. In fact I have not washed her for 2 months now.

But she is too much fun to drive to ignore, I love reving her up and hearing her roar, hell, I would drive her everywhere if I could.

Neil

8. PV Dirk

PV Dirk F1 Veteran

Jul 26, 2009
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    #58 PV Dirk, Sep 15, 2011